News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Have not read in awhile, did they then complete the track replacement from beyond the station? Or until the Tron approach? Thanks. :happy:

StarshipDisney

Hmmm. Without trying to go back and read this entire 38 page thread, is there any indication or estimate as to when the WDW Railroad is expected to go back into regular daily operation? Thanks.

raymusiccity

Maybe since they've been retracking other parts of it, they figured they might as well do the whole loop? Because it really seems like that.

I'm betting they're moving it as a result of some liability or risk management issues. It seems a whole lot safer to grant access from ground level than asking guests to traipse up and down those steps at the Main Street Station.

Andrew M

I'm betting they're moving it as a result of some liability or risk management issues. It seems a whole lot safer to grant access from ground level than asking guests to traipse up and down those steps at the Main Street Station.

I highly doubt it, it's not like it's any different than when the RR is operating. What's next, eliminate all stairs?

I'm guessing they're using the downtime to replace the track through the station, or anywhere else between Main St and Fantasyland. Since the switch to the engine house is right behind Fantasyland, this makes changing out display equipment (or pulling it back into the engine house for bad storms) alot easier.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I was told by a few of the train engineers at Main Street that all the ties are being replaced with new concrete ties. Since the train is being moved, the work from Main Street, through Frontierland, and onto Fantasyland, must be completed. When I was there in November, the train had been stranded in the Main Street station as portions had not been finished. The slight grade between Fantasyland and Main Street was also supposed to be addressed during this downtime. If it hasn't happened yet, it will probably be worked on when the rail bed and ties are reinstalled through the TRON site.

Captain Barbossa

Just a little update, but Lilly is now on display at Fantasyland with only one of her coaches. (#205) Roy was due for some inspections, so that’s why he’s no longer on display. After the tantrum that management had when Lilly was put on display back in December of 2018, I wonder if they’re bringing her in at night, or at least during bad weather. My guess is that Roy will be back on display following his inspections.

Photos from Blog Mickey.
C64F9C76-1BEA-4C85-85C2-9D3443243ADB.jpeg
83E9601A-EDB6-426E-B2D7-612EAE154A50.jpeg
287BF54E-E1B4-4EDC-90AB-9332ADAB1E42.jpeg

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

It’s a shame they had to put the fence up and ruin what would be a nice photo op. In California during the refurb. they let guests sit in the engineers seat, and there was no fence but rather a photo pass photographer ready to take photos. They even had a stuffed Mickey of the same vintage that Walt was holding in the photo of him in the Disneyland Railroad locomotive.... was a really cool special opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom