News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

aladdin2007

With only part of the screen being used, and after hearing how thrown-together it is, I'm starting to be under the impression that the sing-along is a people-eater for until the new film finally debuts and until Ratatouille is open. I'd be so happy to hear of a timeline for the new film. Would love to hear some hope for this theater.

when you say new film do you mean a brand new France film or the original but in a new plussed version? I didn't realize they were still going to do that. Would be great though.

No Name

Touringplans ratings are as follows, which tend to align fairly well with Disney’s GSATs, moreso as time passes. The max is 5. Aside from teenagers, it would appear this attraction is not getting poor ratings. I like the “our rating” of 0 though, lol.

71D2B9A2-F3B5-4B56-BC06-52852986BE69.jpeg

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Touringplans ratings are as follows, which tend to align fairly well with Disney’s GSATs, moreso as time passes. The max is 5. Aside from teenagers, it would appear this attraction is not getting poor ratings. I like the “our rating” of 0 though, lol.

View attachment 444781
The thing is, it's rare for anything to have an overall rating much below 4. I love the work that @lentesta and his team does, but I think his ratings need to be re-assessed as rankings.

lentesta

Premium Member
The thing is, it's rare for anything to have an overall rating much below 4. I love the work that @lentesta and his team does, but I think his ratings need to be re-assessed as rankings.

I thought I gave it 2 stars? I'll go back and check.

The Media Relations line of "This isn't necessarily what happened" along with Mrs Potts' "This is the true story..." voice-over, drives me crazy from the inconsistency.

Setting aside the question of whether we need a third attraction telling the BATB tale, do we also need to question whether Mrs Potts is an unreliable narrator? It's just sloppy storytelling.

Epcot82Guy

The Media Relations line of "This isn't necessarily what happened" along with Mrs Potts' "This is the true story..." voice-over, drives me crazy from the inconsistency.

Setting aside the question of whether we need a third attraction telling the BATB tale, do we also need to question whether Mrs Potts is an unreliable narrator? It's just sloppy storytelling.

From what we're hearing, maybe the stated rating was just a "Freudian accuracy slip"... ;)

RSoxNo1

Perhaps they have The Joker, Tyler Durden or Verbal Kint/Keyser Sozay tell the story of Beauty and the Beast. I'd watch that.

Edit: Just listening to this week's show now, nice to see we both made the same joke.

TrainsOfDisney

It would have amazed me years ago. Today it’s just par for the course. Guests flat out don’t care. So Disney doesn’t care. Or maybe that’s reversed? Either way, the end result is....the care that used to go into decisions like this, is gone.

To be fair... any other theme park (except maybe universal) would have just mounted the tv with 0 theming. It could be better but it could also be worse.

No Name

Even if we view them as rankings, and even if they are somewhat off, this attraction would still rank significantly higher than many other attractions. For example, it would take a huge error in len’s numbers for this to actually rank lower than The American Adventure, and the American Adventure is good or something. My point simply is, regardless of what any of us think about it, we shouldn’t assume or pretend the BatB sing-along is rated poorly.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Even if we view them as rankings, and even if they are somewhat off, this attraction would still rank significantly higher than many other attractions. For example, it would take a huge error in len’s numbers for this to actually rank lower than The American Adventure, and the American Adventure is good or something. My point simply is, regardless of what any of us think about it, we shouldn’t assume or pretend the BatB sing-along is rated poorly.

Why should we assume or pretend it’s not rated poorly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom