Am I the only one who noticed?

Phroobar

Interesting. That would also give all the Woo! Moms a place to congregate safely and practice their woos before their precious angel gets on stage, with easy access to a Starbucks.
I'm so glad my kids are beyond that stuff. Woo!Moms and Soccer Moms are usually insane people. I'm glad we are done with soccer, baseball, dance and football forever. There is always a good reason why the team mom is divorced and on the prowl.

Jedi Stitch

I’ve been to the Seattle one too. Also one in San Francisco. I think that one was the worst. I know the food isn’t great, but we’ve been going there for years. Since my kids were little and we always had fun.
Yah, I agree that the food wasn't always the greatest, but We went for the theming, and we always went on New Year's before we would go see Zoo Lights at Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.

ObscurityPoint

I think they should create a Victoria & Albert’s here. Not some cheap Friday’s/Applebee’s mix with fish and sellable products. They can open a Rainforest in CityWalk.
Rainforest Cafe has always felt like more of a Disney Springs/Citywalk venue. I’m not a fan of the Animal Kingdom location right outside the main gates just for the fact that it’s the main entrance to a Disney park. Sure, the same could sort of be said about DL’s location, and I do enjoy the idea of Rainforest Cafe as a franchise, but I always felt that AK deserves better than a chain restaurant to welcome guests in

TP2000

Rainforest Cafe has always felt like more of a Disney Springs/Citywalk venue. I’m not a fan of the Animal Kingdom location right outside the main gates just for the fact that it’s the main entrance to a Disney park. Sure, the same could sort of be said about DL’s location, and I do enjoy the idea of Rainforest Cafe as a franchise, but I always felt that AK deserves better than a chain restaurant to welcome guests in

Agreed. It probably made sense to the Imagineers in 1996 when themed restaurants were all the rage. Especially for a park that was basically designed to not operate after sundown, so instead of fireworks and water shows they thought everyone would end the night by having dinner in a giant theme restaurant seated next to a robot gorilla.

But it has not aged well at all. It should probably just go away.

Phroobar

The trex restaurant is vastly superior in food and theming to any rainforest cafe. That'd be an awesome addition to dtd
It would never happen. However an Indian Jones themed restraunt would be pretty cool. Disney wouldn't have to modify the Rainforest building much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom