Oldest son-X
Middle son and bday boy-AJ
And the youngest son-Dre

November 26-December 1
At.....wait for it...
All Star Sports!

Collective gasp
ā€œBut Darstarr, youā€™re DVC.ā€
Yes I am DVC and we (I) have made good use out of it this year. However, when I went to book this trip there was nothing available. Nothing!!! OK, nothing in my point range. My boys are big and they hate sharing beds and someone always ends up on the floor. One time my youngest slept on the dining table banquet rather than share the pullout with his brother. Itā€™s vacation, no one should have to sleep on the floor. We didnā€™t have enough points left for a two bedroom so I began looking around for a room. I found a room at Riverside that slept 5 for about $250/night. We have done the 5 in a room thing there when the kids were smaller and it was cramped. I was not looking forward to that. Then passholder discounts came out and I got two rooms (TWO) at the original A.S.S. for less than the one room at Riverside. 4 beds and 2 bathrooms!!! SOLD!!!

Lets get to it!

Day one- November 26th
The day started like every other school day except it was AJā€™s 16th birthday so he opened presents before leaving for school.
E93EEC51-E3F0-4A27-AB86-2DD0B0A84E68.jpeg

ā€œMom will you pack my new shirt?ā€
61CE1F41-ADDE-4E75-BD29-54267375475E.jpeg

I was suppose to work this day but I had worked the previous Friday, which is usually my day off, so my boss told me to take the day off. Yay! More time to clean the house.

The five of us were flying down on jet blue from JFK. Four of us were returning to ISP on Southwest. Ant took the dog to his fatherā€™s then took his car to ISP so it would be there when we landed on the 2nd. (we have a free resident parking sticker).

We debated taking the train to JFK but it was way cheaper to hire a car. The kids got gome from school about 2:15, ā€œthe car is here!ā€
What???
The car wasn't suppose to come until 3:00. Ant was like ā€œlets goā€. I was like ā€œdont rush me because if you rush me and I forget something you will be sorry besides he is 45 minutes early so he can waitā€. And yes, I said it just like that, as one long run on sentencešŸ˜€.
We left at 2:30. I didnt forget a thing.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
November 30 cont

By the time we got to Mexico X was being a total alien swirling saucer! He and Ant got in line for food and I got in line for the drinks. Who can guess what happens???
The CM ringing me up put in the wrong drink. They called my number and I said, ā€œ thatā€™s me but I DID NOT order that!ā€ So they had to get a manager to refund me the difference and it took a long time.
The boys were waiting to eat, bless their hearts, but everything was cold. ā„ļø
Ant took food pix. You can tell as they are way better than my photos!
0A0F15A5-D7A2-492F-90AB-1733CE172DDA.jpeg

33BBF88F-5BB8-4FC8-AE91-CB073160B000.jpeg

8D2CAFC2-39EE-410F-BAA5-767AF1DD8EE5.jpeg

And my photo (with the drink that comes from a machine and should take no more than 30 seconds to get).
A4A041CF-8BCE-43A0-A489-6EFA9F9490FF.jpeg

DisneyGigi

That tamale looks so good and I have to say you and B would get a long great with the love of Moosehead, it is his favorite! He stops and gets his fix and I head to France for my super size Grannyā€™s as he calls them. (He started that after I became a Gigi) šŸ˜‘šŸ™„

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That tamale looks so good and I have to say you and B would get a long great with the love of Moosehead, it is his favorite! He stops and gets his fix and I head to France for my super size Grannyā€™s as he calls them. (He started that after I became a Gigi) šŸ˜‘šŸ™„
Ants bday was last week so we ordered a bunch of food from his favorite cajun restaurant and had the fam over. I bought a six pack of Becks for my SIL because she raved about it when we went to food and wine and has been looking for it. I got 12 Big Wave for the 20 somethings because they drank a ton of it on xmas eve. And I got a 12 of Moosehead (for me mostly).
What was left?
5 Becks
9 Big Wave
O Moosehead

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@Darstarr You know what is even better when salted????????? Bagels of course! I totally missed this TR until today! A happy surprise!

A bagel, sipping my favorite adult beverage through a beautiful plastic straw for a speedy delivery, while reading a world famous @Darstarr TR, life is truly great!!
You are too too kind.
I blushā˜ŗļø
Then I gag a little from all the salt on the empty calorie bagelšŸ¤¢
šŸ˜‚
Welcome!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
November 30 cont

Next we got Arepas and a Chocolate Crinkle cookie from Feast of the Three Kings. I do not remember anything except that the cookie looked better than it tasted and it ended up in crumbs at the bottom of my backpack.
FA7A6914-7561-402A-B242-6680275C8E9C.jpeg

I was stuffed but not Ant. I had a head start.
Next stop was the Bavarian Holiday Kitchen.
591256B9-69DD-4950-9941-25B226BA65C6.jpeg

Potato Dumpling with Mushroom sauce.

5EEFF1B9-0358-4AB6-8C23-D1725D6DD379.jpeg

Pork Schnitzel with Mushroom sauce and Spatzel.

0CD919A6-CA64-4826-B0D4-4E070E5CB384.jpeg

Linzer Cookie.

C2F86889-03D3-408D-9DE6-3060168D8A23.jpeg

Schofferhofer Pomegranate Hefeweizen

X was really being a turd and I wanted to see the Candlelight Processional so I left them there to eat all that food. I took my beer, I am not crazy, only mad.

The Candlelight Processional was full but I had front row standing room only outside the theatre. I watched (listened) for awhile until I calmed down and remembered the joy of the season. (Please reread that last part with heavy sarcasm!)
X left (he should have napped instead of playing football) and Ant met up with me.

MickeyCB

X was really being a turd and I wanted to see the Candlelight Processional so I left them there to eat all that food. I took my beer, I am not crazy, only mad.

The Candlelight Processional was full but I had front row standing room only outside the theatre. I watched (listened) for awhile until I calmed down and remembered the joy of the season. (Please reread that last part with heavy sarcasm!)
X left (he should have napped instead of playing football) and Ant met up with me.
Are there no buttons they won't push?! :mad:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I šŸ˜ the Gingerbread Man cookie (for looks only, though).

Tastewise, the most appealing cookie from the Holiday Cookie Stroll for me, is the Linzer. Was it as good as it looks?

lindawdw

Your food dishes that you didn't get to eat most of looked delicious! Sorry the CM at Canada was so unmagical. :( That always makes me a bit sad when you come across a CM that has a bad attitude. I keep saying that I want to try one of those Grand Marnier slushies from France but never actually buy one for myself! Glad you got to enjoy the CP even if it was standing room only. We don't ever get a seat for it but always have to stand in the back and take in the pageantry of it all for a bit!

sheriffwoody

Ha ha
I have been watching football and leisurely perusing trip reports and I see the number of alerts growing and growing and growing. I haven't posted anything for awhile so I couldn't figure out what was going on.
@sheriffwoody was binge reading!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Welcome Sheriff. Glad you could make itšŸ˜˜
I was probably watching football too :hilarious: I think that was the day the Titans played.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom