Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The more I think about this trilogy the more sad I get. It had such potential but thanks to not having a good leader like Kevin Fiege or map out a plan the trilogy fell apart. I still enjoy the force awakens and the rise of skywalker but they feel like such wasted potential. I hope Lucasfilm is learning from it's mistakes. Put Dave Filioni and Jon Faverau in charge!

You just entered the time warp...

Welcome to prequel land

prberk

OK, I am sure that this has been addressed, but wouldn't it be great if they could return the Fox fanfare and distribution logo to the front of Star Wars for this last episode in the saga?

In fact, the Fox fanfare extended version that we hear today on all Fox features was a 1950s version that was restored specifically for Star Wars in 1977 to tie the Fox fanfare to the Star Wars Main Title theme better. The logo had been shortened (which you will see on any '70s and even most '80s Fox releases other than SW if you have them on old tapes or DVDs) and stopped after the main trumpet part, with the violin-led part clipped off; but Lucas had them add the violin-led part back (with a black background and Lucasfilm name, as the Fox visual had finished) as a transition to the Main Title theme. All the of non-Disney sequels were done this way, and even today, the original film (Episode IV) still has the Fox logo on TV.

So, for most Star Wars fans, I think it only feels right to release it under Fox, and since they own Fox now, I would like to see that done for this film. (And the Fox logo put on further releases of 7 & 8.)
i heard that was the plan

I just wish they had returned the 20th Century Fox fanfare to the front of the film this time. With Disney's acquisition of Fox, they had no reason that they could not return it to all of the "Star Wars" films, but I was very disappointed when the movie started and it was not here for the last time.

It would have been just right.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So Forbes wrote an article 3 days ago saying old rise of Abrams was gonna pass a billion today...

Thinks it’s got $44,000,000 in it today? After a really awesome $3.8 domestic yesterday - a Friday?

The lack of legs on this is shocking.

Robbiem

I just wish they had returned the 20th Century Fox fanfare to the front of the film this time. With Disney's acquisition of Fox, they had no reason that they could not return it to all of the "Star Wars" films, but I was very disappointed when the movie started and it was not here for the last time.

It would have been just right.

whenever i hear the Fox fanfare i always think of Star Wars 😀

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yep...that rereleased director’s cut should be here any minute...they are having to beat people away at the Box office with a stick

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And one more...just so it’s on record and we can have proof when dusters start to re-invent the history...

Here’s my boy Scotty Mendelssohn...FINALLY almost coming clean on this...but of course still being a patronizing jerk:

Last edited:

jt04

15+ domestic total for the weekend. On the cusp of another bill in the till for the mouse's 2019 theatrical releases.

Now if I was a cynical conspiracy theorist, I would be suspicious of the origins of that now infamous Reddit post claiming a director's cut announcement was imminent. Of course the suggestion would suppress box office as fans considering a repeat viewing would likely delay in anticipation of such a possibility.

The mouse should throw down the gauntlet and release a three hour plus version.

PS- The Lord Of the Rings extended versions are still selling. Just saying.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
15+ domestic total for the weekend. On the cusp of another bill in the till for the mouse's 2019 theatrical releases.

Now if I was a cynical conspiracy theorist, I would be suspicious of the origins of that now infamous Reddit post claiming a director's cut announcement was imminent. Of course the suggestion would suppress box office as fans considering a repeat viewing would likely delay in anticipation of such a possibility.

The mouse should throw down the gauntlet and release a three hour plus version.

PS- The Lord Of the Rings extended versions are still selling. Just saying.
...I agree...

Being oblivious to the truth in reality is a hidden virtue 😎

Animaniac93-98

Next weekend is MLK weekend. As a comparison, here are the other Disney Christmas Star Wars release's % of total domestic growth made by MLK Monday (approx):

Force Awakens: 91.7%
Rogue One: 94.3%
Last Jedi: 96%

The movie's runs were more or less finished by then. Should be interesting to see if RotS gets any noticeable bump next weekend.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Next weekend is MLK weekend. As a comparison, here are the other Disney Christmas Star Wars release's % of total domestic growth made by MLK Monday (approx):

Force Awakens: 91.7%
Rogue One: 94.3%
Last Jedi: 96%

The movie's runs were more or less finished by then. Should be interesting to see if RotR gets any noticeable bump next weekend.
Why should it?

This will finished less that rogue one and every other Star Wars not named “solo” or “attack of the clones” based on adjusted...and yes, butts in seats does matter for Star Wars.

Even that Disney apologist fool mendolson is admitting it.

What a “borderline” disaster...a spade is a spade

Animaniac93-98

24-Day totals, notice how it's less than $1 million ahead of Rogue One:

Force Awakens: $812.7 million
Rogue One: $477.3 million
Last Jedi: $572.6 million
RotS: $478.1 million

This weekend was $15 million in the US, a 57% drop. It's dropped over 50% every weekend since it opened.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
24-Day totals, notice how it's less than $1 million ahead of Rogue One:

Force Awakens: $812.7 million
Rogue One: $477.3 million
Last Jedi: $572.6 million
RotS: $478.1 million

This weekend was $15 million in the US, a 57% drop. It's dropped over 50% every weekend since it opened.
There was one estimate of a 13.8 take for the weekend in the domestic the other day...

That’s 24 days after opening...

For a Star Wars...not some john wick or transporter nonsense...

Last edited:

RandySavage

Here's an entertaining twitter account that skewers Kathleen Kennedy's Star Wars:

Some may enjoy perusing.

Kate F

“A problem part 2”
I swear these people care more about “representation” than they do about enjoying the movie itself.

jt04

...I agree...

Being oblivious to the truth in reality is a hidden virtue 😎

I knew the franchise was in trouble when it started emphasizing the gray Jedi stuff. But I do think it is too big to fail and they will correct all the missteps. Remember, the MCU had a few errors along the way. Including consecutive ones.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I knew the franchise was in trouble when it started emphasizing the gray Jedi stuff. But I do think it is too big to fail and they will correct all the missteps. Remember, the MCU had a few errors along the way. Including consecutive ones.
I mostly agee

I get accused of wanting Star Wars to “fail” all the time...

Not true at all...I want enough trouble to get the right people in place so we can see a good movie again. Simple

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I would word it more as, it is too big to not be able to bounce back from a failure or misstep. It can fail, Solo showed us that. No matter what you think of rise of skywalker, it still did almost a billion so far. And while I'm sure Disney had WAY loftier goals than that, it shows it isn't dead by any means. Do they have a course to correct? They sure do. But with the right people, and the right plan, it can dominate again I believe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Time for this guy to get on with his life’s work...

But this is the kinda thing that won’t go away...fan post script analysis:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom