News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

Rosso11

Nah...they don’t want the InBev market anymore...I would expect more “microbrews” as long as they’re popular
About 10-12 years ago Anheuser-Busch use to have an exclusive agreement with Disney with some exceptions in Epcot. When the contract was up AB was playing hard ball and Disney walked. Today Disney is the largest single buyer/seller of craft beer in the country.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
About 10-12 years ago Anheuser-Busch use to have an exclusive agreement with Disney with some exceptions in Epcot. When the contract was up AB was playing hard ball and Disney walked. Today Disney is the largest single buyer/seller of craft beer in the country.
Disney does a shockingly great job with beer variety resort wide. I wonder, and maybe you know this, are individual bar managers responsible for their taps?

Bender123

Disney does a shockingly great job with beer variety resort wide. I wonder, and maybe you know this, are individual bar managers responsible for their taps?

It is pretty weird, how random the distribution of beer is...

You can get Tampa Bay Brewing at the CBR, but nowhere else (that ive seen), California Grill is almost exclusively Cali brands (not unexpected, but the selection is really weird), I found Lakefront (Milwaukee) at the Grand Flo and Revolution (Chicago) at the Springs.

Its a really weird craft mix that seems like somebody, somewhere has freedom, because there are beers that are only at single locations, seemingly at random.

Oddly, the worst list is the sample flight at Trader Sams, which is all Kona Brewing...an InBev brand that is brewed in California. Im amazed they don't use the vastly superior (and brewed in Hawaii) Maui Brewing Co.

VaderTron

Let me start off with the positive as I really like aspects of this update:

• Nice to see an attempt to include a range of BBQ methods and regions.
  • If you had to describe something American in Disney IP, Sam Eagle should be first in line.
  • Not just another chicken fingers and hamburgers place that are already overplayed throughout the parks.

Now please can you explain to me how a slice of Texas toast is worth $5??????

VaderTron

Here in coastal SC pulled pork is the standard over chopped pork with a mustard based sauce rather than ketchup based and that is what I prefer. I would not say one is better than the other it's really what you have grown up with. I will hold judgement on Regal Eagle until I have tried it.
Well, I'm not from the Carolinas, but I will be happy to judge. Mustard based sauce is the best, hands down.

Rosso11

No the individuals at the bars and restaurants have no power over the menus. It all comes down from the beverage director.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

• If you had to describe something American in Disney IP, Sam Eagle should be first in line.
  • Not just another chicken fingers and hamburgers place that are already overplayed throughout the parks.

If you want value...ye be searching in the wrong place...
Well, I'm not from the Carolinas, but I will be happy to judge. Mustard based sauce is the best, hands down.
Tis not the case...Memphis, KC and Texas style all far superior...to say nothing of a good Kentucky bourbon
No the individuals at the bars and restaurants have no power over the menus. It all comes down from the beverage director.
Indeed...however I think the bev Director has SOME choice as long as if falls in the price brackets...sadly, chefs don’t seem to have that say anymore. Hence salmon, chicken and average quality beef by the shipping container load
Growing up on LI NY Four Brothers out of Commack, NY had great NY Pizza don't know if they are still there. Wish I could find a good NY pie here in SC
That will never happen...

Like finding good fish in Cleveland 🤪

VaderTron

Just think about what is being suggested by the menu prices. If you get the half smoked chicken and texas toast then the price for HALF OF A SMOKED CHICKEN with sauce is $9 and a piece of texas toast (assumed from pictures just ONE PIECE!!!) is worth $5! Are you kidding me???!! Even if this is two pieces...it's pretty ridiculous.

If you aren't convinced this is insane yet, let's dig a bit deeper and look at the brisket sandwich. Brisket with a top secret rub that is slow smoked for hours and then given a tasty mop sauce after slicing is placed delicately between TWO stinking pieces of texas toast. Again, if two does come in a side order this is $5. If only one piece comes in a side order this is $10 of the $13 menu item!!! Let's just assume the picture is wrong and you get two pieces of texas toast in a side for $5. This sandwich comes with another side item priced at $5. So perhaps you get the mac&cheese or burnt end baked beans (a side with MORE meat in it!). The side and the texas toast still are $10 of the $13 menu item meaning they only value the slow smoked brisket with a secret rub and sauce at $3!!! Seriously??? I guess I know what I'm going to order if I go there.

VaderTron

If you want value...ye be searching in the wrong place...

We all know things are overpriced at Disney. Actually, if the food is anything like what they call it on the menu, the prices are too bad knowing what other places charge for BBQ these days. The point is only underscoring the ridiculous cost of Texas toast. Even a homemade corn bread side is like $2-$3 at the places that charge $8-$12 for pulled pork and brisket. This is a frozen piece of garlic toast they got for about $.08.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We all know things are overpriced at Disney. Actually, if the food is anything like what they call it on the menu, the prices are too bad knowing what other places charge for BBQ these days. The point is only underscoring the ridiculous cost of Texas toast. Even a homemade corn bread side is like $2-$3 at the places that charge $8-$12 for pulled pork and brisket. This is a frozen piece of garlic toast they got for about $.08.

Sides are their own are expensive. An entree with a side together...ehh, not horrible. Not sure why the need for the in depth analysis of Disney and BBQ prices.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m gonna go ahead and double down on my pirate speak.
Sides are their own are expensive. An entree with a side together...ehh, not horrible. Not sure why the need for the in depth analysis of Disney and BBQ prices.
I don’t think the pricing is bad...considering. Have we all not taken the time to look at the absolutely insanity of what they charge for restaurants under REGIME:IGER and that silly dining plan?

Or are we too busy on this chat board?it has only been 15 years 😳
We're all engaging on an online forum for Disney SuperFans. Not sure any of us are planning to attend the next Met Gala.

I love whatever you say, “kwoodfan1” 🦘

Jon81uk

Just think about what is being suggested by the menu prices. If you get the half smoked chicken and texas toast then the price for HALF OF A SMOKED CHICKEN with sauce is $9 and a piece of texas toast (assumed from pictures just ONE PIECE!!!) is worth $5! Are you kidding me???!! Even if this is two pieces...it's pretty ridiculous.

If you aren't convinced this is insane yet, let's dig a bit deeper and look at the brisket sandwich. Brisket with a top secret rub that is slow smoked for hours and then given a tasty mop sauce after slicing is placed delicately between TWO stinking pieces of texas toast. Again, if two does come in a side order this is $5. If only one piece comes in a side order this is $10 of the $13 menu item!!! Let's just assume the picture is wrong and you get two pieces of texas toast in a side for $5. This sandwich comes with another side item priced at $5. So perhaps you get the mac&cheese or burnt end baked beans (a side with MORE meat in it!). The side and the texas toast still are $10 of the $13 menu item meaning they only value the slow smoked brisket with a secret rub and sauce at $3!!! Seriously??? I guess I know what I'm going to order if I go there.

This is often the case in lots of restaurants, the combo is cheaper than the main plus sides should be. $5 for a side is kinda crazy, but it is often done to make the combo meal look better value.

Even at McDonalds a value meal is cheaper than burger+drink+fries.

VaderTron

This is often the case in lots of restaurants, the combo is cheaper than the main plus sides should be. $5 for a side is kinda crazy, but it is often done to make the combo meal look better value.

Even at McDonalds a value meal is cheaper than burger+drink+fries.

I think people are missing the point. We all understand the value/combo model that has been used for generations. This just seemed flagrantly bad on this specific side item. Why did they feel they needed to charge the same price for all sides? They are charging you the same price for a piece of bread that they are for mac & cheese or a smoked brisket burnt end baked been side, etc.

I'll be more specific. A few countries away at Le Cellier they have "enhancements" (essentially sides)

Gorgonzola-creamed Spinach

$10.00

Sautéed Asparagus with Béarnaise

$11.00

Maple Whiskey-glazed Brussels Sprouts

$10.00

Four-Cheese Macaroni & Cheese

$11.00

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese

$18.00

Loaded Boursin® Mashed Potatoes

$10.00

Notice the slight variation in prices? And when meat is involved in the side there is a large change in price. I'm just saying that even for Disney it's a bit crazy to expect one to believe garlic toast is the same value as burnt end baked beans or mac & cheese.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom