News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

Back in December, a pitch document for the mid-90s proposal for the Space Pavilion when it was set to be a remodel of the Horizons building went up for auction. It ended up falling into the hands of Disneydocs.net and we have a full scan. Very impressive stuff.

Now that's a space pavilion.

You hear that Mission: Space? It's a not a spin and puke with a playground.

trainplane3

Will the Gift Stop closure just be the shop by Guest relations, or will the "Gift Stop Cart" which is in that main entrance area also close?
The cart should be open:
  • The final day of operation for the Gift Stop merchandise store (located outside of the touch points on the west side of the Main Entrance) will be January 18, 2020. The Gift Stop cart will remain open.

Shut the sound off for this...

I have no idea what you mea-
*cheesy free music plays*
grr.JPG

That about reflects how I feel with bad background music over good footage.

To all content creators, you can create nice b-roll footage without adding in bad music.
*I didn't actually report them before anyone asks. It's a joke*

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Nothing officially confirmed yet, but the last schedule I heard was that the start got pushed out a little due to the upcoming Test Track Refurb. Once that is done, which is currently expected at the very end of February, Spaceship Earth could go down for 2 years or more at pretty much any time. They need to have all the bypass paths to route guests around the sides of Future World before they start but those are all but finished now. Essentially we can likely expect it pretty much any time after March 1.

Memo to TDO - If Spaceship Earth could stay open until, say, March 11, I'd appreciate it. A lot. :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The cart should be open:
  • The final day of operation for the Gift Stop merchandise store (located outside of the touch points on the west side of the Main Entrance) will be January 18, 2020. The Gift Stop cart will remain open.

I'm kinda bummed about this, I've always liked the small gift shops outside of park entrances. Apparently they don't have a large enough ROI for the Chapek regime. :(

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It looks like both bypasses will be open soon (or again for the west side). This isn't new news but it's something:
epcot-future-world-removed-paths-times-guide.jpg
My god. How far the park has fallen that they advertise M&G like it’s an attraction.

Or do they just stand out since there’s not much else there?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My god. How far the park has fallen that they advertise M&G like it’s an attraction.

Or do they just stand out since there’s not much else there?

This is the problem. Shot at 10am. In comparison, C-Spot would have had a queue at this point in the day.

The same for the temp Starbucks, it is doing nowhere near the business that the Fountain View did.

DSC03814-1-2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom