News Beaches & Cream closing Aug 5 for refurb and expansion

RobWDW1971

The point was that you shouldn’t judge the entire organization based on a single project.
Ah yes. the popular “judge us by our reputation built on the shoulders of others vs the Jack Jacks on a Stick that we actually build today” argument. Got it.

Which is usually followed-up with the familiar “everything we do that is good is because of us, everything we do that is terrible is because of budget cuts and management.”

Always good to hear the classics...

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Ah yes. the popular “judge us by our reputation built on the shoulders of others vs the Jack Jacks on a Stick that we actually build today” argument. Got it.

Which is usually followed-up with the familiar “everything we do that is good is because of us, everything we do that is terrible is because of budget cuts and management.”

Always good to hear the classics...

Exactly what color is the sky in your existence? Your perceptions and selective interpretations of others' opinions lean a bit too heavily in a monomaniacal way. We get it, you dont like any change or can't cope with decisions that run contrary to your sense of esthetics.

RobWDW1971

Exactly what color is the sky in your existence? Your perceptions and selective interpretations of others' opinions lean a bit too heavily in a monomaniacal way. We get it, you dont like any change or can't cope with decisions that run contrary to your sense of esthetics.

Sunny and blue skies, thanks for asking! I just can see the difference between quality and crap and don’t have a side to cheer for so I can call them out equally.

I not only don’t have an issue with quality change that is an improvement, but look forward to them.

For example, ROTR looks fantastic, but hey, if you think Pixar Pier is a quality WDI product, that’s great and I’m sure they appreciate your support.

Flynnwriter

The remodels of bars, lounges and restaurants lately have all been very well done.
Not. They have been pedestrian and non-Disney. The resort designers aren’t telling a story, they are delivering standard hospitality design (2-3 star level), resulting in fractured places that do not support the resort story and erode away at the specialness of Disney peacemaking.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Sad to see a Disney fan dismiss a thoughtful and critical opinion of another Disney fan. Sad that you diminished this incompetent remodel as just a way to increase capacity.
Sad to read such a condescending remark. Perhaps you are not the target audience the designers of the new space had in mind when they made thier material choices.

It's done, move along. Guest Services always has an open ear to gather your opinions.

RobWDW1971

It's done, move along. Guest Services always has an open ear to gather your opinions.
The lack of self-awareness to post this on a Disney parks discussion board is mind-boggling. Using that "logic", every thread should be closed forever once a project opens because, well, it's done so move along and tell Guest Services your opinions. Wow.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The lack of self-awareness to post this on a Disney parks discussion board is mind-boggling. Using that "logic", every thread should be closed forever once a project opens because, well, it's done so move along and tell Guest Services your opinions. Wow.

Would you like some cheese with your whine ? I believe efficacy is not your strong suit as Guest Services has a greater chance of changing any decision than a pointless diatribe .

RobWDW1971

Would you like some cheese with your whine ? I believe efficacy is not your strong suit as Guest Services has a greater chance of changing any decision than a pointless diatribe .
Move along, folks! Nothing to see here! Networkpro has declared that all discussion, reviews, criticism, etc. about any project once open is not allowed or effective! Wrap up the website, he has spoken!

And to think, we all expected them to tear down the new restaurant and put it back the way it was. Darn! Thanks for clarifying!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Move along, folks! Nothing to see here! Networkpro has declared that all discussion, reviews, criticism, etc. about any project once open is not allowed or effective! Wrap up the website, he has spoken!

And to think, we all expected them to tear down the new restaurant and put it back the way it was. Darn! Thanks for clarifying!

Pointless rhetoric again. You're of the Museum mindset that nothing should change unless it fits your sensibilities of time, space, decor, and scale.

Beaches and Cream will either continue to be popular or it won't. You've stated your displeasure at the remodel and expansion, yet when others state a contrary opinion you attempt to drown them out with inaccurate restatements of thier statements that are more pleasing to your stance.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I for one am amazed you left the star wars land threads. Bravo! Well done!!!

Animaniac93-98

Beaches & Cream was a victim of its success. What was once a quaint ice cream shop for Beach Club guests became a "must do" attraction for everyone staying in the Orlando area who had to buy a Kitchen Sink dessert because they saw it on facebook...

Too bad Disney caved and replaced something charming with another boxy, lightly decorated space to move the masses. A second ice cream place elsewhere would have been a better idea.

TrojanUSC

Beaches & Cream was a victim of its success. What was once a quaint ice cream shop for Beach Club guests became a "must do" attraction for everyone staying in the Orlando area who had to buy a Kitchen Sink dessert because they saw it on facebook...

Too bad Disney caved and replaced something charming with another boxy, lightly decorated space to move the masses. A second ice cream place elsewhere would have been a better idea.

I love that they expanded. They didn't have to turn it into Vegas Buffet chic.

Voice of Disney sanity

I am in the restaurant business and 3 years ago opened my 3rd restaurant in my hometown that is blowing the doors off with success this new restaurant is based on some of the restaurants I’ve experienced at WDW including beaches and cream adventureres club and whispering canyon cafe and in my professional opinion this move was dumb. Forget how it’s decorated forget that it’s boring...you can see there is no atmosphere in that room. There will be no energy in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom