What do YOU want to see at Disney Springs?

HiJe

Portillo's
Art Museum would be kinda cool
Mini-golf is interesting
What about an aquarium? Get rid of the Living Seas at Epcot and turn it into something else.

Rosanne

I believe there is a McDonald's within walking distance of All Star Sports.
You are right & I have eaten there. But I dont believe it is in the Disney Resort or theme park itself. It's close by, but not in the resort. I'm not a big McD's fan but just a plain old burger for a decent price was great after eating in the resorts and parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
JR isn't even top 5 of 'trendy' chain burger places. D-Luxe Burger (already at DS) is much better quality.

And this is how the great forum burger wars began...

;)

Anyhoo, this reminds me of an ice cream shop in a beach town in NJ which is next to a local playhouse which, in the Summer, puts on a new musical each week (daily... they rehearse next week's musical the week they perform the current one). The ice cream shop had singing waitstaff (that were part of the understudies and B team for the musicals). They churn guests through every half hour and you'd get about three Broadway musical numbers performed during that time. And if you asked what flavors they have, the whole staff would come out to sing the list of flavors to the tune of Hallelujah Chorus.

So... DS needs a Broadway stage and a singing ice cream shop.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

I could fire off a bunch of restaurant chains I'd like to see, but let's be honest, Disney Springs is packed to the gills with dining and is well covered in the shopping department.

What Disney Springs desperately needs to further succeed as a nightlife district is more entertainment options. They've done a great job stocking the place with live performers basically every night, so the place always feels alive. But there needs to be more to do to "hang out".

AdventureMP4z

You are right & I have eaten there. But I dont believe it is in the Disney Resort or theme park itself. It's close by, but not in the resort. I'm not a big McD's fan but just a plain old burger for a decent price was great after eating in the resorts and parks.

technically it’s on property, built around the same time that Disney and McDonalds partnered up years ago.

D14FF915-CF5C-4088-8D87-21524A0737A5.jpeg

032F2D60-B50E-4E7E-9288-61E4C32672DA.jpeg

1715ED82-79F0-4CE6-A7E7-D1474B1835A4.jpeg

JIMINYCR

Need to go back to placing a few clubs with shows that entertain. Theres enough dining, shops and small outdoor entertainment but we loved spots like the Adventurers club and Comedy Warehouse, that provided a nice hour or two of entertainment.

klstorey

So today with the announcement of M&Ms World moving to Disney Springs, I wanted to pose a question. What do you want to see in Disney Springs? Anything from attractions, dining, shopping, hotels, etc. I may also use this to armchair-imagineer an expansion (or several) to Disney Resorts worldwide.

Wishlist So Far (Including Mine):
  • Disney Parks and Resorts Museum (free for AP, of course!)
  • Dave and Busters OR Round 1 Entertainment
  • iFLY Indoor SkyDiving
  • Mini golf OR Topgolf-like concept
  • Art Museum
  • Broadway Theater
  • The Great Disney Ride
  • WDW Flex Space- Resort museum, preview center, etc.
  • NYE Nightclub District
  • SEA-theme
  • Blake Shelton's new Restaurant Concept- "Ole Red"
  • Greek Taverna
  • Adventurer's Club Indian Restaurant
  • Dinner Show
  • Jubilee's
  • Bojangle's
  • Texas de Brasil
  • Culver's
  • Johnny Rocket's
  • McDonald's
  • Nobu Restaurant
  • More Unique Shopping w/ Lower Prices
  • World of Disney re-do to match former version.
  • CVS/Walgreens/Rite-Aid
  • Disney-like Barnes and Noble
  • Portillo's
  • Jewish Deli
  • Aquarium
Please, add more below, and I'll add them to this list!

It looks like you'll get at least one of these. Maybe two. Just not the brands mentioned here but more or less the exact same concept.

I agree it could use a museum or something like that. Anyone remember the pop-up exhibits they filled the old Virgin space with prior to Splitsville. I'm still upset I missed that Princess Diana one.

You'll get a lot more of these, especially the budget ones, at Flamingo Crossings.

Ole Red is opening at ICON Park. It's the same parent company as Gaylord so I doubt they'd be interested in joining DS.

Robbiem

As others have said a broadway style theatre with rotating shows would be a big plus and encourage revisits or possibly a dinner theatre experience. An imax cinema could be good.

Id also add an all purpose exhibition space where you could rotate round museum shows. You could use this for traveling exhibitions alternating with Disney archive exhibits

bsiev1977

They used to have Nouba there and it was there a long time. I saw it a few times. I hear they will now have a new Cirque but not sure what kind. I LOVE the idea of a dinner theater. Themed would be good. And Broadway style live theater would be wonderful.
The upcoming new Cirque show is called Drawn To Life. It will perform classic Disney stories in the style of a Cirque show

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The upcoming new Cirque show is called Drawn To Life. It will perform classic Disney stories in the style of a Cirque show
Trying to recall which Disney story includes people spinning down from the ceiling on wide scarves...

KimAnnFran

Dinner Theater with non-Disney shows (i.e. old musicals, off-broadway productions) with dinner included.
Maybe an art store with all Disney stationery items?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom