Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Absolutely ridiculous that people already want this ride rethemed
No one would be talking about it this much if it wasn’t presented as an actual possibility by trusted insiders. For me I would’ve just been happy with what we have, which I am. The possibility is tantalizing though. It would also likely require minimal downtime with most work able to be done offsite until it’s time for installation.

RSoxNo1

Based on the number of people we've counted exiting the ride this week, and assuming Rise's theoretical hourly capacity is somewhere around 1,700/hour...I don't think Rise is yet operating at 50% of capacity in any given day.
Very valuable information, thank you. Out of curiosity, were you watching more than an hour?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
WDI has to be hard at work getting a Baby Yoda ready to meet like Baby Groot.

Mando too, of course.
Baby Yoda is a merchandise dream. Kids love him, women love him, even grumpy old men who claim to hate SW find him somewhere between charming and downright adorable.

Forget about blue milk...baby yoda merchandise will outsell butterbeer;)

Could they retheme Star Tours into a dedicated Mandalorian attraction if the show continues to impress?

There’s so much they can do with SW in other places. Why not keep SW:GE mostly as is but expand into the echo lake area and build a restaurant, enhanced JTA and link it to Star Tours all based in classic characters. I would have preferred they build 1 big all inclusive SW Land from the start but they didn’t and some overlay doesn’t seem to be the best idea to me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Another idea that was brought up years ago in these discussions was using force “ghosts” to incorporate characters who would otherwise be dead in the current timeframe. Maybe have a ride or walkthrough where you are tempted to join the dark side and force ghosts of Vader, the emperor, Darth maul, Snoke or others attempts to recruit you but Yoda, Luke and Obi-wan appear to help you. This way they aren’t really alive but still acceptable in the timeline.

Bleed0range

Baby Yoda is a merchandise dream. Kids love him, women love him, even grumpy old men who claim to hate SW find him somewhere between charming and downright adorable.

Forget about blue milk...baby yoda merchandise will outsell butterbeer;)

Could they retheme Star Tours into a dedicated Mandalorian attraction if the show continues to impress?

There’s so much they can do with SW in other places. Why not keep SW:GE mostly as is but expand into the echo lake area and build a restaurant, enhanced JTA and link it to Star Tours all based in classic characters. I would have preferred they build 1 big all inclusive SW Land from the start but they didn’t and some overlay doesn’t seem to be the best idea to me.

I like the idea of Star Tours being rethemed as a ride along with or on the Razor Crest. The Mandalorian could fly your ship and you could have a little animatronic Baby Yoda therr freaking out or hiding. Maybe he keeps poking his head out of different places as he runs around the interior of your ship. You land on Tatooine to get repairs and exit into Tatooine Traders.

999th Happy Haunt

It wouldn’t take nearly a year.

;)
Then they probably wouldn’t go as far as they should. If they wanted to be accurate they’d have to make some major changes inside the star destroyer, first order and imperial star destroyers are not the same.
63E68FCA-1171-4919-AC26-A2FFC61206C7.jpeg
8126E68E-BA18-4317-9FBE-08CDC1E173CC.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

RobWDW1971

Another idea that was brought up years ago in these discussions was using force “ghosts” to incorporate characters who would otherwise be dead in the current timeframe. Maybe have a ride or walkthrough where you are tempted to join the dark side and force ghosts of Vader, the emperor, Darth maul, Snoke or others attempts to recruit you but Yoda, Luke and Obi-wan appear to help you. This way they aren’t really alive but still acceptable in the timeline.
Or....just completely eliminate the needless and limiting, fundamentally poor idea of a fixed timeline and then you don’t have to twist yourself into a pretzel to incorporate and celebrate all of the Star Wars characters past, present, and future.

So much obvious downside from this concept for virtually no identifiable upside.

ToTBellHop

Or....just completely eliminate the needless and limiting, fundamentally poor idea of a fixed timeline and then you don’t have to twist yourself into a pretzel to incorporate and celebrate all of the Star Wars characters past, present, and future.

So much obvious downside from this concept for virtually no identifiable upside.
Agreed. You could then keep RotR as is and set MF in the OT with Han, Luke, and Leia...make everyone happy.

I assume no one is asking for Jar Jar.

Bleed0range

Whoops! You’re right. But I’m still pretty sure thats what Imperial star destroyer hangers look like too.

I don’t think they’d fix that part of the ride, just change the stormtrooper costumes and repaint the TIE Fighters, etc. I haven’t watched the full ride yet because I’m waiting to see it for myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom