Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

socaljoeyb

I'm just wondering how they are going to handle opening day (and weekend) operationally. All passes are unblocked and we know people will be lining up for this (at least I will.)

Mickeyboof

I'm just wondering how they are going to handle opening day (and weekend) operationally. All passes are unblocked and we know people will be lining up for this (at least I will.)

Disney paid a pretty penny for the infrastructure involved with boarding passes, and the screens around the parks. I’m guessing the same system will be applied at Disneyland, as the systems were useless after the summer when the land was scarcely filled.

Boarding Passes worked brilliantly at WDW (for those who snagged one...), so I expect Disneyland to follow suit.

I rode twice, on two separate mornings. I loved being able to enjoy the parks while I waited. The boarding pass system also made the queue shorter than 30 minutes of waiting both times (and easy to manage when the inevitable downtime struck...)

Hollywood Studios early opening surprised us all. I feel like we’ll have to be on our toes for Disneyland’s opening as well.

The bigger question than HOW to queue is if Disneyland will double staff in order to bring the ride to operational status after downtime. That’s a brilliant move, and I *expect* Disneyland to do the same.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Disney paid a pretty penny for the infrastructure involved with boarding passes, and the screens around the parks. I’m guessing the same system will be applied at Disneyland, as the systems were useless after the summer when the land was scarcely filled.

Boarding Passes worked brilliantly at WDW (for those who snagged one...), so I expect Disneyland to follow suit.

I rode twice, on two separate mornings. I loved being able to enjoy the parks while I waited. The boarding pass system also made the queue shorter than 30 minutes of waiting both times.

Hollywood Studios early opening surprised us all. I feel like we’ll have to be on our toes for Disneyland’s opening as well.
Agreed - the fact that the system helps mask downtimes and eliminates long waits, I expect it to be used at DL as well. Also, the fact so much of the attendance in that window is AP’s who both will take the time to research (like the SWGE reservations) and can be more flexible to visit another day when passes are gone makes it even better suited for DL.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's a ride that definitely deserves a huge turnout for opening and into the future. I do wonder however if we'll all be surprised by a ghost town status again as with the opening of the land and 45 minute waits or something underwhelming. It happened before, it could obviously happen again.

RobWDW1971

It's a ride that definitely deserves a huge turnout for opening and into the future. I do wonder however if we'll all be surprised by a ghost town status again as with the opening of the land and 45 minute waits or something underwhelming. It happened before, it could obviously happen again.

Anything is possible, but the scope/quality of it makes me think it will be a huge hit. With social media, hits and misses are communicated instantly to the masses today. The response when ROTR opens will just go to further illustrate how poor the response to Batuu/MFSR has been.

Mickeyboof

I think the ride will have no problems sustaining a decent wait time. Give it a few months for word of mouth to turn into legitimate travel bookings. However, I do believe most will clear out of the land after riding, once they discover Falcon hasn’t any variation in missions, and the rest of the “attractions” are pay-to-play.

However, if the land is given quality moments such as a lightsaber battles, droids and creatures, then the land will be packed! And rightly so. It’s so so close to being an absolute dream, especially with a ride such as Rise.

mickEblu

Try to be in the center looking head on for the best results. If you're at the extreme side it can look flat.

It’s kind of annoying that we have to pick certain seats or sections on rides now to accomodate some of the newer flawed technology i.e the middle section on Soarin Around the World or the Eiffel Tower is crooked. I realize its hard to avoid as there are sometimes very few ways (Or only one way) to pull off an effect or just something like the illusion of being in space. Even though I think the classics like POTC and HM will never be topped I also concede that they need to keep pushing the envelope technologically. As great as POTC is, I’m not sure if a similar attraction released today would still receive the same appreciation. Currently, attractions like ROTR and Shanghai Pirates are the best we can hope for when it comes to E tickets a la POTC with great scope and scale but pretty good tech too. The marriage still isn’t perfect but I imagine one day it will be.

Something that makes the old classics like POTC and HM so great is because they stick to practical effects for the most part and stick to one medium to tell the story. It’s the consistency that keeps us locked into the world they re presenting. On newer rides with more “advanced tech” or where they have to use a screen for whatever reason it immediately takes one out of the suspension of disbelief. For example seeing huge AT ATs but then immediately before or after going into a room with 4 stormtroopers on screens. Or going between two huge ships on Shangai Pirates only to see Jack and Davy Jones dueling on a screen. IMO you should at all costs keep the integrity of the entire “show” before one action scene that someone may think is 100% necessary to include. There didn’t have to be a dueling scene. And if there did, then they should find a way to make dueling AAs be convincing enough.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

As someone who is also not gay, I’ve seen better. Lol
1575844468373.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom