News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DarkMetroid567

Oh, no. What I meant by this is that 100 out of the roughly 120-140 groups initially created have now ridden. I would expect that a large portion of them would be ready to go home/to the hotel and get some much needed sleep.

Oh snap, my mistake! But yeah, makes sense. Wait times have fallen even farther since I posted that, but that's to be expected with the long operating hours.

Disneyboy021969

Question, if it's an early entry day at the park like say next Sunday when I'm going with my family and they do boarding pass the hotel guests get in at 8 to 9 and you can't book one until you get in the park what happens if they're all gone before they let in the General Public

Rteetz

Not which groups this extends too but I know group 146 and back have been given guest recovery. Not sure if there are earlier groups.

ToTBellHop

Not which groups this extends too but I know group 146 and back have been given guest recovery. Not sure if there are earlier groups.
They’re up to 121. I doubt they get much past 130. So about 25 groups perhaps. It’s pennies to Disney to comp 2500 day passes that many won’t even use since you can’t upgrade them. But the good will that comes from it is priceless. Very classy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, the drones in person: awful.

I mean, it wasn't horrible, but, the expectation that the star ships act in some star-shippy way was hugely let down.

They might as well have been helium balloons. Or on a stick.

In fact, it would have been better if they were on a stick painted vanta black and the stick on a track so that they moved in any way resembling something going fast.

If the Matterhorn sub woofers were being used, it didn't sound any different than normal sub woofers that could have been put on the roofs.

#See?NotADuster

ToTBellHop

It appears 127 will be the final group of the night so they can close at 10 and have a full night for maintenance. I was wondering how that would work, thinking there was no way they’d release a new group at 9:55 wanting to close minutes later. What’s crazy is 127 is right around where they stopped at 8:30 this morning, so it would seem that extra 11 am release was not necessary.

techgeek

It appears 127 will be the final group of the night so they can close at 10 and have a full night for maintenance. I was wondering how that would work, thinking there was no way they’d release a new group at 9:55 wanting to close minutes later. What’s crazy is 127 is right around where they stopped at 8:30 this morning, so it would seem that extra 11 am release was not necessary.

So about 12,500... that seems to average out to about 800/hr for the entire extended operating day. That’s not a horrible number, all things considered. Seems like it could have been a lot worse. @lentesta did you have anyone on the ground doing a visual count throughout the day? That jive with what you’re guessing?

TP2000

It’s pennies to Disney to comp 2500 day passes that many won’t even use since you can’t upgrade them. But the good will that comes from it is priceless. Very classy.

Agreed. A very classy move for their opening weekend! Bravo TDO.

I mean, it wasn't horrible, but, the expectation that the star ships act in some star-shippy way was hugely let down.

In fact, it would have been better if they were on a stick painted vanta black and the stick on a track so that they moved in any way resembling something going fast.

If the Matterhorn sub woofers were being used, it didn't sound any different than normal sub woofers that could have been put on the roofs.

#See?NotADuster

Yeah, even on the video they looked more like the Goodyear Blimp lumbering over a stadium instead of an X-Wing Fighter defending a rebel base.

Nice idea in concept, but the execution just isn't worth it. Back to the drawing board. Please.

ToTBellHop

So about 12,500... that seems to average out to about 800/hr for the entire extended operating day. That’s not a horrible number, all things considered. Seems like it could have been a lot worse. @lentesta did you have anyone on the ground doing a visual count throughout the day? That jive with what you’re guessing?
Yes. The ride ran for about 10 hours in total—1250/hr. Not bad at all. Disney must be pleased with Day 1.

jt04

#See?NotADuster

My thought exactly. Imagine a battle cruiser floating in the 'distance'.

TP2000

It appears 127 will be the final group of the night so they can close at 10 and have a full night for maintenance.

Phew! I was honestly worried about that one family from early this morning that had Boarding Group 120. I was hoping they would get on! :D

Who was it that overheard that family excited about being 120? Was it @Mickeyboof or @BoarderPhreak? Both of those posters were invaluable this morning for these on-the-ground reports!

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member

I was there most of the day, but it was pretty chaotic. Between dumping the queue and general crowds, it was hard to do any sort of analysis.

I did get an MDE notice at 8 pm that my boarding group reservation (152) I made in the early morning, wasn’t going to be accommodated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom