News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m a “hater” that just raved in the other thread about how amazing ROTR looks. I just judge them on what they actually build and I wish all of SWGE was as good as ROTR, but it is unfortunately not.

So now that I said ROTR looks amazing am I now a “Disney defender”? I need to know what t-shirt to where to the meetings. ;)
These boards tend to insist your on one team: either you say NOTHING to question them - which is our right and responsibility as consumers....or you have to be poison, forked tongue about everything.

We fall into this pit that takes our freedom of choice/expression away.
It’s sadly like politics.

It’s black or white when the color spectrum in the middle is where life is lived

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I suspect the “middle road” opinion will be that’s its cool, but where are Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Princess Leia? That was the general public’s reaction to SWGE.

It’s the 2019 version of “where are the characters?” when EPCOT Center opened, or “where are the pirates?” for the MK.

Disney fixed both of those issues. Let’s see what they do with SWGE.
Agree...

Initial Disney euphoria will recede to the common thought that it doesn’t hit “Star Wars” quite hard enough”

It’s good to hear they managed to hit the ride benchmarks though...I look forward to riding it when they let me back into the parks 😂...

But I wonder if it’s enough?
Like it or not, Disney needs a HARD reset on Star Wars and to embrace the old stuff...

They are doing it behind the camera...need it everywhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So much for not being allowed to be in costume...

Attachments

• 20191205_132441.jpg
    20191205_132441.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 317

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just a few pages back someone said that the re-rideability was one of the attractions biggest strengths.
Hard to make a completely accurate prediction on that 3 hours into the operational history of it...this will flesh out over time.

The exception is the millennium falcon...which obviously was dead end due to “storyline” on the first trip.

The second time I rode it was no more than 50% as appealing as the first.

Darth Snips

So much for not being allowed to be in costume...
Yeah, I’ve noticed that they seem to be pretty lax on the whole “no costumes” thing. I wear my tunic, belt, and boots all the time, and I’ve never been approached by a CM. I’ve seen a bunch of people like the ones in your picture: Reys, Obi-Wans, X-wing pilots, even a Lando or two. Heck, I had a CM tell me the other day that I could wear the Jedi robes in the parks if I wanted to. I’ve actually been really pleased that they kinda let people wear what they want as long as it doesn’t present an obvious security issue.

DisneyJoe

The other thing the virtual queue can do is limit each person to only riding it once today, thus allowing more unique guests to experience it. With other systems, you could get back in line again. Of course, if they've opened the virtual queue back up, then people could be reentering.
I know a few that, at the time, boarding groups were still open after they rode the first time, so they were able to get into a second boarding group to ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What do you mean Pre-ticket sales aren't tracking well? The upcoming film set a new record for most ticket sales in its first hour.
On atom ticket...which is a nothing. They ran with that to misrepresent the reality.

I just checked and there are stlll decent amounts of tickets around my area available on fandango for Friday, Saturday.

There will be a huge opening....maybe $250 mil by Monday....but the bones will be made the weekend of January 4-5. Then we’ll know

disneygeek90

Hard to make a completely accurate prediction on that 3 hours into the operational history of it...this will flesh out over time.

The exception is the millennium falcon...which obviously was dead end due to “storyline” on the first trip.

My best run through was with a group that had all been on the ride before so we knew what to "do." It can be a better experience during re-rides but it is heavily contingent on how competent your group is.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And you wonder why you get pegged to the hater list when you can't help take an off topic dig.

It's this kind of obsessive need to take a dump in every thread which establishes a reputation.

And liking one thing isn't enough to get off the list when there is non-stop repetition of the same slams in multiple threads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom