The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The commercials also served as very important breaks from the TV. Rush to get the laundry into the dryer. Need to potty, wait till the next commercial break. Need a workout routine, sit ups until your show is back on!!

Girl. We didn't. Not having YouTube to teach us contouring is basically the "I walked uphill in the snow barefoot both ways" of my generation
kids-playing-with-makeup-in-the-90s-kids-playing-with-4884743.png
@dryerlintfan why do i feel A would be the first photo ?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks, but that doesn't really tell a whole lot... I want to see the nitty gritty line up.... I thought maybe someone would leak it by now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As much as I LOVE the internet... and have always been techy, I see the drawbacks of society spending all day on it, and failing to learn basic life skills.

Not having to watch commercials is a really nice part of modern society! But you did have to watch whatever was on, and if you didn't like it, you found something better to do.... talk to your friends on the phone, listen to the radio, make mixed tapes, go ride you bike outside and see what your friends were doing... it was a whole different lifetime!
I don't pay the upcharge for no commercials because I can get little things done during them

Figgy1

Premium Member
How did you manage to learn basic life skills without the internet? 😂😂😂
From other people and books. Books a great ancient invention. Either @Goofyernmost or @Mr Ferret 88 could tell you about how they were scribes(people who copied pages) before the invention of the printing press, in fact the ferret got bored after press came out so he started covering his body with the ink he had left over from that job.

donaldtoo

Funny thing about TV commercials...
When I was younger, IIRC, the longest commercial breaks seemed to be anywhere from about 1.5-2 mins.
I’m currently watchin’ “A Bug’s Life” on FreeForm. Here’s a stopwatch screen shot from my iPhone of the last commercial break (minus about 3 secs.)...

BB832B97-B348-499D-B7A1-9F734FC66493.png

I can overhaul my cars motor in that amount of time...!!!!! :hilarious:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom