I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

Mickeyboof

Next October

Things change in such a long span of time. Are you sure projects you believe to be happening will even make it to October?

It reminds me of when there was a big secret announcement at D23 this year, which turned out to be a propaganda film about disney’s underpaid employees.

Was there actually a secret project going to be announced?

Disnerd2003

Things change in such a long span of time. Are you sure projects you believe to be happening will even make it to October?

It reminds me of when there was a big secret announcement at D23 this year, which turned out to be a propaganda film about disney’s underpaid employees.

Was there actually a secret project going to be announced?
There was no secret project. Bob likes to misguide the Park fans so when he finally does announce something huge it's a complete blindside to everyone, as Destination D was and is supposed to be. Everything I've shared is 100% true and set in stone, as there is physical proof (I.e. the MSEP floats arriving in Orlando.) I am confident that plans will not change between them.

VJ

Here is some top-secret stuff: Everything this thread says is wrong. i'm Laughing at the absurdity of it all. the real scoop is: Porgs. Many porgs. the millennium falcon will be covered Entirely in porgs. that will be what happens. watch and see.

*disables VPN, firewall, security system, second firewall, guard dog and mouse trap next to my unmarked desk at Team WDW*

tirian

Affirmative.
Every time I see this, I think of Flight of the Conchords.

Anyone else?

Maybe it’s the 8-hour time difference since I’m traveling right now. :)

Back on topic:
After yesterday’s lackluster earnings call, I’ll be surprised if ROTR spurs any long-lasting attendance gains at DL or WDW. So far, SWGE has been a blip on the DL radar. Florida is a different story. DHS will always benefit from additional attractions, but will this actually raise attendance at the entire resort? It looks like the answer is no.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Starting Dec 3rd and going through Dec 6th, there will be multiple events occurring at Hollywood Studios for the Rise of the Resistance opening. The big media event will be on Dec 3rd, but other events will likely be open to the public. There will be quite a few special things happening.

I also hear that some of the walk around characters may look surprisingly accurate for short, random times.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Big fan fare from Disney for Not opening a ride on time.

The land was originally advertised for "Late Fall 2019", then just "Fall 2019."

By that metric, RotR is indeed opening on time.

It's just that they didn't hold back the entire land and other ride waiting for RotR to be ready. The real fault here is advertising the early opening as an opening and not as 'previews.'

Rodan75

tirian

Since when is an 11% increase in profits in the parks segment 'lackluster'?

You know I was talking about the parks. ;)

The company itself is doing very well, and I’m glad because I own stock. :)

It’s always a balance between missing the old creativity and watching my stock increase in value.

tirian

Must maintain the narrative. Disregard the data.

Earnings this quarter were objectively good. It is silly to think of it otherwise. They weren’t perfect or likely as good as they hoped.
The narrative that P&R was indeed bumpy, or the narrative that the company owns so much media that it’s essentially printing its own money? They’re both true.

Again, P&R cut entertainment, frontline staff hours, mid-level jobs, and more to post its moderate earnings call. Meanwhile, the movie division is extremely successful. The opinion depends on which part of the company we’re discussing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Do you have a YouTube channel? Do you love Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind and let it be known on social media ?

If yes to both, you’re in!
Dont forget that you have to post a twitter vid of yourself crying at the opening of any Disney film.

Princess Leia

D9A8CF44-6AF6-493F-95E8-D4D953B3B088.jpeg

I see you, @Peter Venkman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom