Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

MaximumEd

This thread is full of skepticism. It may even contain sarcasm, snark, and the occasional borderline rude comment, but I’ll tell you what it ain’t. It ain’t bullying. Bullying is the threat or promise of physical, mental, or emotional violence that you can’t escape. This is a message board that no one is forcing you to post on. I absolutely can’t stand a bully, but let’s be real about what it is and is not.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Like the SkyLiner thread when poor dude couldn't stop himself from putting his foot in mouth and other people couldn't stop themselves from gathering around to whip him. For what? A good laugh or a cringe?

DisneyOutsider

It came off as a pack mentality, so more bullying than calling someone out. I've lived it. It's not a nice feeling.
And unnecessary; it doesn't accomplish anything beyond what civil discourse can. I try to remember that but it's not easy :p

If you have a problem with the tone of a post, then report the post and/or take it up with that specific user (vs. making a vague call-out of un-named users).

If you have a defense for the trolling we've witnessed here, I'd sure love to hear it. Otherwise I'm not sure you have a legitimate beef.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If you have a problem with the tone of a post, then report the post and/or take it up with that specific user (vs. making a vague call-out of un-named users).

If you have a defense for the trolling we've witnessed here, I'd sure love to hear it. Otherwise I'm not sure you have a legitimate beef.

Disney is what people have in common on this board. That's all I have to say.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It came off as a pack mentality, so more bullying than calling someone out. I've lived it. It's not a nice feeling.

The only bully was the OP who for whatever reason decided to take advantage of forum participants for their own unscrupulous reasons. People were very willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (and they did) until the OP was challenged to their claims, at which point it became harder for the OP to backup their claims, and then they pulled the martyr card. I personally don't like being lied to, and it appears the OP did just that.

WDW Pro

Last time I saw it it was steel all the way to the base (With concrete footers maybe 12 inches square)

I've never ventured into the backstage interior of Everest. I had envisioned it differently. That does make more sense though - that would mean the animatronic's movements in A Mode are strong enough that the beams move beyond their intended sway. Explains why the sensors were lighting up way back when. I'll call a buddy of mine who worked on Everest during design and construction and get a solid answer on what he thinks. I might start a new thread about it or switch to the Yeti thread since he'd be giving me detailed info first hand (although I'm starting to think @marni1971 is omnipresent backstage ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom