Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazydisneyfanluke

If OP is the real deal, wouldn't it be easy to figure out who it is? "Hey, got anyone on your team who keeps asking about Hatbox Ghost?". Maybe it's someone who just left? Did we just find the real Troy Porter?

Edit: oh, and WHAT'S THE MNSSHP CAP?
OP said in the MHSSHP Thread 30k. Which was adjusted with the passes.

Piebald

OP sounds more like a kid whose parent works at TDO than an employee there. I know people who work at TDO in very high paying positions and they dont know jack or about most of this, let alone any of it. Consider me skeptical of the origins although not necessarily of the output from OP.

Unless Disney corporate is a more bizarre culture than other corporate cultures, most departments are so layered with ridiculous amounts of BS that it seems unlikely to know so so much. I am in a fairly high position for a corporate monolith media company and sometimes I'll get an email in the morning and say, "huh. I had no idea" so I cant even begin to imagine what positions would have someone know every random and obscure detail about the inner workings of a theme park.

Brer Oswald

Soon. It's going to be quite the announcement.

It rotted in the sun under small walmart beach tents. It was bad. We had 5 other parades housed here at the time and it wasnt given priority. For what reason I will never understand.

Imagine Epcot forever mixed with IP's and the countries. Sounds like a wreck but it will work. Kites, fountains, fire, drones, and a lot more to be revealed soon.
“Mixed”? Oh. So does that mean there’s a chance of a few relevant Epcot original songs in the show?

LiterallyNobody

Yes, this is a brand new account so I know no one will take this post very serious. I do have another account on this forum that I have posted some verified things on, so if a forum moderator wants to PM me so I can let them know who I am for verification, feel free.

First I will say that I do not work for Disney, but my other account is easily identifiable to who I actually am.

I find all this talk about no new parade surprising. I have been in meetings and worked to put in bids since August 2017 for new modular parade floats. I have AutoCad drawing on my computer of three styles of new modular parade floats. I have crawled all over existing parade floats to get a better idea of how they work. Here is the best proof I can offer.

While we may not have won the bid, I know for fact that a request for bids has been out there for at least two years now.

NormC

Yes, this is a brand new account so I know no one will take this post very serious. I do have another account on this forum that I have posted some verified things on, so if a forum moderator wants to PM me so I can let them know who I am for verification, feel free.
So you admit you have violated the terms here. There goes your integrity. Why not let us all know who you are.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

First I will say that I do not work for Disney, but my other account is easily identifiable to who I actually am.

I find all this talk about no new parade surprising. I have been in meetings and worked to put in bids since August 2017 for new modular parade floats. I have AutoCad drawing on my computer of three styles of new modular parade floats. I have crawled all over existing parade floats to get a better idea of how they work. Here is the best proof I can offer.

View attachment 419234

While we may not have won the bid, I know for fact that a request for bids has been out there for at least two years now.
Are you who I think you are?

LiterallyNobody

So you admit you have violated the terms here. There goes your integrity. Why not let us all know who you are.

Very simple. As I said, my other account can very easily identify who I am. We have bids in for several things, I do not want to jeopardize any of those. I just felt I had to speak up after reading this entire thread because I know for fact there has been a request for bids for at least two years now for new parade floats.

Are you who I think you are?

I don't know who you think I am, so I can't say if I am.

Disneyson

I will drop one more tidbit, while not WDW related, it's still cool.

On the most recent cruise on the Disney Fantasy, they tested "projection mapping" of a show off the sides of the ship onto the ocean. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else before, ask another insider to verify.

That sounds amazing. Ariel, Nemo, Mona, and Pirates? Was it a success?

LiterallyNobody

If you don't mind me asking, why was it a flawed idea?

I can actually answer this one.

Logistics wise, it was a terrible place for it. Cost wise, unless there was an upcharge it would lose money. Since upcharging after you pay a ton to get into the park is frowned upon in WDW (not so much in DL) it was cancelled.

The idea isn't TOTALLY dead, just not gonna happen in a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom