New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

Chet Dakota

For TLJ, they announced the new sequences on Oct 18 prior to the December release and added the new sequences to the ride on Nov 17. So, if they are going to do it, it would seem that they would announce it soon. I haven’t seen anything here from the insiders.

The Grand Inquisitor

It's highly likely that the actors already had multiple theme park attraction appearances in their contracts for the trilogy. We got Finn in the TFA sequence, Poe and Hux in the TLJ sequence. Could be Rey and Kylo in the TROS sequence.
It would be cool if the scene would be rey and kylo fighting on the remains of the 2nd death star on endor.

rle4lunch

Well, because they updated it for both Force Awakens and Last Jedi, so they’ve established a pattern for updating it with the episodic movies.

Yes, but the last iteration of ST has them land on Batuu, saying their adventures will continue (i.e. Galaxy's Edge).

Jones14

Yes, but the last iteration of ST has them land on Batuu, saying their adventures will continue (i.e. Galaxy's Edge).
I get what you mean. They very well could view Rise of the Resistance as the next *update*, what with every major character rumored to appear in some form. However, a new planet in the Jakku slot would bring that sense of “Where are we going?” back that the revamp introduced so nicely. As it stands, if you get Kylo instead of Vader, you know exactly what the rest of the ride is gonna be.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind them pulling the sequel segments entirely once Rise is up and running, as the planets we currently see could easily be part of a new mission for Falcon in the near future. Kick Olaf out and move the Vader meet and greet to that space across from Jedi Training, and you’ve got a small OT-centric area to go along with Galaxy’s Edge until Star Tours becomes one with the Force.

The Grand Inquisitor

It would be cool is the scene with rey and kylo fighting on the remains of the 2nd death star on endor.
I get what you mean. They very well could view Rise of the Resistance as the next *update*, what with every major character rumored to appear in some form. However, a new planet in the Jakku slot would bring that sense of “Where are we going?” back that the revamp introduced so nicely. As it stands, if you get Kylo instead of Vader, you know exactly what the rest of the ride is gonna be.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind them pulling the sequel segments entirely once Rise is up and running, as the planets we currently see could easily be part of a new mission for Falcon in the near future. Kick Olaf out and move the Vader meet and greet to that space across from Jedi Training, and you’ve got a small OT-centric area to go along with Galaxy’s Edge until Star Tours becomes one with the Force.
Wow that's a fantastic idea!

Haymarket2008

I hate to say it, but Star Tours' time has come.......it has turned a little old-hat. The original was the better version and 2.0 has become a commercial.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They don't want people choosing between OT/PT and ST. The lines for the former would speak volumes about the latter. Disney wants people to be equally exposed to all of the Star Wars franchise. ;)
Well Disney needs to put it's version of Star Wars back in it's preverbial pants because I don't wana be exposed to it.

Chet Dakota

I hate to say it, but Star Tours' time has come.......it has turned a little old-hat. The original was the better version and 2.0 has become a commercial.
Although I have seen each 2.0 sequence dozens of times, the randomness of the ride is still fun, as are the sequence destinations themselves. I did, however, enjoy the Trench Run from 1.0, and bringing that back in some form would be cool. Sharing the screen with OT X-Wings screamed Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom