New mission coming to Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

doctornick

Either we want a ride that jumps around the series or we want one with a defined timing. We have access to both at DHS and people whine about each. Good grief.

Well, different people want different things. So, it's never really fair to lump everyone together. However, it does make it impossible to please everyone.

Personally, I prefer consistent timelines. I think having a firm setting for GE is a good idea rather than a free for all. I'd prefer to have Star Tours remain and continue to be a "greatest hits" but would keep it in the OT timeframe (a little before ANH). If that means visiting planets featured in the ST - but during the OT time period - that's cool. But I don't like seeing characters appear that would not be around during the years before the Battle of Yavin. Others have different hangups.

That said, if they are at least keeping the randomization consistent (either all PT/OT versus ST) then at least that's something good. Still messes up the queue leading into the ride if it is ST time but that's less egregious than having you see some random combo of characters who were not around at the same time.

FigmentJedi

IMO, it's a 'greatest hits' SW ride. Whatever story there is, is inconsequential. I thought it was so stupid when GL wanted ST to be considered canon
George never personally considered ST to be canon, he thought of it as a 'greatest hits' ride. The Imagineers wanted it to be canon, as they had pitched just doing Hoth as tauntauns and wampas to not contradict, but George insisted on Battle for Hoth while offering an off the top of his head solution of "The Empire didn't consider the Rebels would go back to Hoth" for their concerns. The Holocron guys like Leland Chee ran with stuff like that and so the older ST-TAC material did fall under Legends.

RSoxNo1

I know the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance scenes are locked in place, but if they are unlocked and they allow the ride to be fully randomized there are 700 different ride combinations

4 Scene Ones
  • Kylo Ren
  • Darth Vader
  • Darth Vader with Boba Fett
  • Storm Troopers
5 First Destinations
  • Ocean moon of Kef Bir
  • Jakku
  • Kashyyk
  • Hoth
  • Tatooine
7 Transmissions
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Maz Kanata
  • Poe Dameron
  • BB-8
  • Princess Leia
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • Yoda
5 Second Destinations
  • Exogul
  • Crait/Batuu
  • Coruscant
  • Naboo
  • The Death Star (above Geonosis)
I know that several scenes also have variations within them, and you could argue that the Vader with and without Boba Fett is one of those scenes. In which case it would be reduced to 525 versions.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
This looks awesome. I love Star Tours so much.

I wish they would make this area part of Galaxy's Edge so that Star Tours could stay.

courtyard-galaxys-edge.jpg

FigmentJedi

I know the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance scenes are locked in place, but if they are unlocked and they allow the ride to be fully randomized there are 700 different ride combinations

4 Scene Ones
  • Kylo Ren
  • Darth Vader
  • Darth Vader with Boba Fett
  • Storm Troopers
5 First Destinations
  • Ocean moon of Kef Bir
  • Jakku
  • Kashyyk
  • Hoth
  • Tatooine
7 Transmissions
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Maz Kanata
  • Poe Dameron
  • BB-8
  • Princess Leia
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • Yoda
5 Second Destinations
  • Exogul
  • Crait/Batuu
  • Coruscant
  • Naboo
  • The Death Star (above Geonosis)
I know that several scenes also have variations within them, and you could argue that the Vader with and without Boba Fett is one of those scenes. In which case it would be reduced to 525 versions.
There's also "First Order Stormtroopers" as an intro option and a couple Naboo variants like running over Jar Jar or having the Naboo starfighter's tail crash through the windshield.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's also "First Order Stormtroopers" as an intro option and a couple Naboo variants like running over Jar Jar or having the Naboo starfighter's tail crash through the windshield.

And some other minor variants like whether a Wookie lands on your windshield or not in Kashyyyk, or what happens to some droids you plow into in final scenes.

RobWDW1971

I wonder what happens if Star Tours gets consistent, notably higher guest satisfaction scores than Smugglers Run.

"If"? For those of us that lived through the opening of Star Tours on both coasts and now this tepid "meh" reaction of MFSR, there doesn't seem to be a question.

waltography

Rode this in California's Star Tours and people were cheering when Lando showed up. I really loved this version. The Galaxy's Edge teaser version was nice, but this combo felt particularly fun and sweet.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
MouseInfo reports that they spoke with imagineer Tom Fitzgerald who said that when the randomized voyages return there will be new footage of Rey on the side screen in the Jakuu scene:

In addition to adding Lando Calrissian, Imagineers took the opportunity to add Rey into the fold, as well. Although the attraction is currently only showing the new RISE OF SKYWALKER scenes, it eventually return back to its normal randomized voyages where we’ll find the Jakuu sequence updated with new footage of Rey filmed specifically for the attraction. She will not feature on the main screen, though, we’ll see her presence through the side screen in the cabin.

Source: https://www.mouseinfo.com/new/2019/...dates-for-star-tours-the-adventures-continue/

Magic Feather

When did they ever plan that? The facility can’t really accommodate lines like that.
Define plan. Like the OT Conversion, it was a talked about, but never fully realized proposal that will likely never happen. Basically, Fastpasses and Stanby would both enter where they do now, but things would change as guests enter the building. There, Fastpass would keep left and go up what is currently only the wheelchair route. Then, roughly where the podium is now, standby would continue in one of two lines (former Fastpass or Current Standby).
As I said before, very unlikely, but not impossible.

socalkdg

I wonder what happens if Star Tours gets consistent, notably higher guest satisfaction scores than Smugglers Run.
Then we finally get random multiple missions for Smugglers Run. While I enjoy the locations of Star Tours better than Smugglers Run, Smugglers Run feels more realistic and I enjoy the inter-activeness of the ride. Just give me other places to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom