News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Another Hot take: Prequel Trilogy is a very underrated film series with complex themes, and will be one of those things that becomes more appreciated with the passage of time (much like Empire Strikes Back, which was roundly panned in its time).

I’m not sure appreciated is the right term but the prequels will definitely be studied for their... qualities.

Quinnmac000

The fact that Disney managed to drop Star Wars Galaxy Edge comments into three of their family comedies is really annoying because its not even subtle nor did it make sense especially on Black-ish. Why the hell would a grown man and his fiance who never showed any interest in Star Wars want to Honeymoon in Batuu? At least the Goldbergs one made some sense thanks to it being the 80s and Star Wars was a heavy part of that decade.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fact that Disney managed to drop Star Wars Galaxy Edge comments into three of their family comedies is really annoying because its not even subtle nor did it make sense especially on Black-ish. Why they hell would a grown man and his fiance who never showed any interest in Star Wars want to Honeymoon in Batuu? At least the Goldbergs one made some sense thanks to it being the 80s and Star Wars was a heavy part of that decade.
That level of desperation is embarrassing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hot take: TLJ is a very underrated film with complex themes, and will be one of those things that becomes more appreciated with the passage of time (much like Empire Strikes Back, which was roundly panned in its time).
Reposting this idea 1000 times does nothing to alter what has happened in the real world since it’s release...it’s been a debaucle.
No, no, no. The bitter people that hate it now will always hate it. It totally ruined their childhood (30-40s), ruined Star Wars and ruined Galaxy’s Edge because it reminds them of it.

It will never be as classic as this:
View attachment 414212
Since when are prequels “classic”??
Another Hot take: Prequel Trilogy is a very underrated film series with complex themes, and will be one of those things that becomes more appreciated with the passage of time (much like Empire Strikes Back, which was roundly panned in its time).
there is sadly more argument to be made here than for 8...which is just putrid from the start.

I tried watching it on Netflix a few weeks back...I really did. There is NOTHING there. Very much as awful as phantom menace. Sad but true.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Why aren't Finn and BB8 asking guests to help them find a part they need to repair the Falcon?
They should do something similar to the paintbrush on Tom Sawyers Island. Hide a part and if you find it and get it to Rey, Fin, whoever, you get a surprise. Even cooler, if you get it to Kylo something different happens. But Im sure people would just take the part and sell it on E Bay.

Jones14

They should do something similar to the paintbrush on Tom Sawyers Island. Hide a part and if you find it and get it to Rey, Fin, whoever, you get a surprise. Even cooler, if you get it to Kylo something different happens. But Im sure people would just take the part and sell it on E Bay.
I think the practical workaround for that could be for the character(s) to ask you to let them know where a part or artifact is, rather than retrieving it for them directly.

matt9112

Well, I happen to know for a fact that you're wrong. 😉.

Interesting fact about Trowbridge. Seriously, if Chapek hadn't gotten out his red pen and gutted a lot of the imersiveness of the land, I doubt many people would be complaining about OT vs ST.

We can only discuss reality. I wish i could like the place more but right now it falls flat and is akward. It feels so forced. The odd fans,lack of music,all the cms standing around. The ride is also amazingly over rated. Will i wait 30 minutes for it? Sure when fp+ is turned on and 120 minute waits sre a thing god i feel bad for those people.

matt9112

Another poster raised this issue a while back, but I wonder if one of the things that makes this land somewhat problematic is the lack of "whimsy." It's one thing that Harry Potter land got right: there are magical chomping monster books and silly effects and butterbeer and just a lot of stuff that is silly and whimsical and vibrant and fun. There's a delight in these things that makes you happy and silly, a perfect feeling for a theme park day. Star Wars is many wonderful things, but whimsy is not its strength.

Now, there could be a lot of fun in immersing oneself in the drama and danger of Star Wars, too, but maybe it's harder to achieve in a theme park. No matter how much immersion they try to create, I cannot possibly forget that I'm in a theme park, considering the pressing, very Earthly crowds all around. So it's harder for a more serious approach to successfully function for a whole theme park area.

When i walk through potter land i light up. I see the storys unfold the places i know. The creatures i have heard about. I can take my wand out and make memories. Your right theres something to this. Look star wars land looks amazing but yeah it doesn't give me the same feeling its not magical.

matt9112

I walked around SWGE and felt it was immersive and I didn't spend a dime. What is it about Diagon Alley that makes it so much better other than the fact that the shops are famous from the books and films?

It isn't fair to count both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley as one land because they require a two park pass or two one-day tickets to enjoy both. I'm under the impression that Galaxy's Edge is most closely being compared to Diagon Alley for 1. having one ride (but soon two, unlike Diagon), and 2. having the rest of the experiences more or less involve spending money. In terms of quality of rides alone, currently Hogsmeade blows the other two away, of course.

That two park pass is cheaper than a disney ticket and a light saber combined.

Magenta Panther

I wonder if Disney has finally used up the good will that surrounded their brand between buying up movie studios and releasing so many big blockbuster films, and now making pretty big bank on re-makes, raising prices by so much, etc. I realize all the purchasing and high box office returns are good for the company financially, but to the average Joe, it all could very likely come off as Disney wanting to "rule the world" so to speak, and finally entering the realm of "evil corporate America".

Agree. I've said here before that Iger has turned what ONCE was a caricature of the the Disney Company into reality. Unforgivable.

matt9112

Good thing the light saber is not a ride and no one is making you buy one!

A Universal two-park ticket is $30 more than a WDW four-park ticket.

Were talking about experiencing the land. Thats part or it. Waiting in line for a bar and buying a 200 dollar light saber...that you cant use in said land.

Tom Morrow

Were talking about experiencing the land. Thats part or it. Waiting in line for a bar and buying a 200 dollar light saber...that you cant use in said land.
No, we're talking about attractions, not shopping experiences. Disney does not list the droid or lightsaber building as attractions, they are listed as shops. The interactive wands are also an upcharge and I'm not going to consider them an attraction, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom