News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

SuddenStorm

Everyone I know who saw the new World of Color last night was unimpressed.

Even the least critical of Disney among them was disappointed.

How many more lame shows is Davison gonna give us before Disney gives him the boot? The man is 15 years past his prime creatively... I don't think he's made a true 'classic' since RDCT

VJ

Original Poster

How many more lame shows is Davison gonna give us before Disney gives him the boot? The man is 15 years past his prime creatively... I don't think he's made a true 'classic' since RDCT
Different strokes, I guess.

Disney Analyst

Can't please everyone I think. Show looks high quality and well done from the video, with an actual storyline, which people have begged for instead of a clip show.

Also the original World of Color Winter Dreams was pretty great, and the current Season of Light is wonderful. And I love the original WOC... Festival of Fantasy is an amazing parade...

I think Steve is doing fine in general, and has had to create clunkers due to corporates influence.

Edit to add:

I LOVE THE CM COSTUMES.

Last edited:

ParkPeeker

Anything on what the kingdom hearts characters look like? These new additions are sweet.
It’s just an alternating meet and greet of Donald and Goofy in their regular kh outfits in front of a generic kh background 💀.

But it’s still cool seeing kh at a Disney park.

FigmentJedi

I'll take a weird "Goths sure love them some Disney Villains" show over whatever the heck Magic Kingdom's Not So Spooky Halloween Spectacular is.

ParkPeeker

It’s nice to see any KH representation in the parks.
Yea agreed.

I want more though xD. It would be cool to see a temporary projection show or water show, or even temporary ride overlay for kh... kh vr's fault for making me want those things... and maybe with the black box ride rumor (hahahah black box ;) )thing it could actually happen...

but yea, it's great that they decided to give kh some love 😁

edit: I actually do hope kh goofy and donald are out more often so I could meet them one day

Last edited:
Honestly I went way back when it all first started in DCA. It was so limited back then. My thoughts have always been to have things going on in both parks at the same time to draw crowds to both parks. Keep areas for younger kids bright and fun and others just slightly darker and more effects to please teens and parent but lil ones can still be ok with a tight grip and maybe a flashlight.

One time on the pirates of the Caribbean I gave my light up hat to a young boy that was very scared it made his day! He kept thanking me and so did his mom. Dark areas can be a fun place with anything that lights up and empowers them to explore!

YodaMan

Didn’t feel like creating a whole new thread, but what Halloween offerings are there at DLR for non-party guests? I’m going to DLR over the weekend and I love Halloween but Oogie’s is already sold out. What spooky things should I make sure to not miss out on?

Disney Analyst

Didn’t feel like creating a whole new thread, but what Halloween offerings are there at DLR for non-party guests? I’m going to DLR over the weekend and I love Halloween but Oogie’s is already sold out. What spooky things should I make sure to not miss out on?

Halloween Screams fireworks on Weekends... I believe Maleficent is meeting in the park right now for guests. Haunted Mansion Holiday... although more Christmas then Halloween....

Haunted Manson is the #1 must on my list! Then fireworks! a Hot apple cider they use to put a cinnamon stick in it. to get you in the spirit on cool nights!

During xmass I always get a white hot chocolate they use to give you a candy cane to stir it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom