What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

mickEblu

If holloween doesn’t become a breakout on both coasts... the execs are gonna start crapping themselves. I don’t think “wait for rotr” will hold them over. More promos will be coming stat... their metrics have to be in the toilet.p for back to back quarters.

These first three weeks of sept are quiet... if it doesn’t come on by last week of the month... get ready to cash in the promos

Well how do you define Breakout? I think almost all the Halloween parties at DL are already sold out.

Happyrebster

Well how do you define Breakout? I think almost all the Halloween parties at DL are already sold out.

Out of 20 party nights, there are currently only two that have tickets still available. If you look on Stub Hub, folks are already selling their tickets for the early nights at a profit.

Many folks are definitely interested in the new party. I also think that offering a completely new show and new trick or treat trails has some people more excited for the parties this year.

I'm looking forward to it!

And, honestly, if the new norm is that top rides now have consistent wait times of less than an hour, I will be pleased. At that correct price point, Dis will still generate a profit and their higher-paying customers will feel less frustrated by the crowds.

D

Deleted member 107043

1 is the thing that so many in the fandom have been asking for, raise the prices to curb the crowds. Disney finally did it and now so many of the same are deriding them for it. I actually find it funny.

Same here.

I'm way too lazy to dig up the relative data to prove my hunch, but I'd be willing to wager that increased guest spending over time due to incremental price hikes has offset any modest attendance declines this year at Disney's US resorts. Long lines and waits shouldn't be the sole metric for whether a Disney property is performing well.

mickEblu

Out of 20 party nights, there are currently only two that have tickets still available. If you look on Stub Hub, folks are already selling their tickets for the early nights at a profit.

Many folks are definitely interested in the new party. I also think that offering a completely new show and new trick or treat trails has some people more excited for the parties this year.

I'm looking forward to it!

And, honestly, if the new norm is that top rides now have consistent wait times of less than an hour, I will be pleased. At that correct price point, Dis will still generate a profit and their higher-paying customers will feel less frustrated by the crowds.

Yeah I think this gets lost in the conversation. Nobody here wants the crowds back. We re just trying to make sense of it all and at the same time having the conversation that they missed the mark with SWL and it isn’t helping.

I also think that this 14 acre land is doing a good job of dispersing the crowds and the fact that you now have a path from Frontierland/ Fantasyland to Critter Country through SWL is doing wonders for crowd flow. I’m more interested in open walkways and a pleasant feeling park than I am low ride wait times. I can get FPs for the few I’m interested in riding on any given trip. So I agree, open walkways and 45 minute waits for the big rides sounds great to me.

Happyrebster

Same here.

I'm way too lazy to dig up the relative data to prove my hunch, but I'd be willing to wager that increased guest spending over time due to incremental price hikes has offset any modest attendance declines this year at Disney's US resorts. Long lines and waits shouldn't be the sole metric for whether a Disney property is performing well.

Exactly. If attendance were a serious concern, we would surely see it in the stock price over this summer. But the opposite is true.

Attachments

• price.JPG
    price.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 35

Happyrebster

Exactly. If attendance were a serious concern, we would surely see it in the stock price over this summer. But the opposite is true.

From Friday's OC Register:

"The triumphant return of the “Halloween Screams” fireworks show filled Disneyland’s two parking garages to capacity on Friday night as crowds returned to the Anaheim theme park for the kick off of the Halloween Time holiday season. "

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Same here.

Agreed, but some here like to look at things with their negative glasses on. So instead of short lines being a positive outcome because the park is now more wide open with an extra 14 acres, its negative because it must mean WDI failed to bring in new guests since the park isn't packed to the gills.

shambolicdefending

Agreed, but some here like to look at things with their negative glasses on. So instead of short lines being a positive outcome because the park is now more wide open with an extra 14 acres, its negative because it must mean WDI failed to bring in new guests since the park isn't packed to the gills.
I've said this before. I would gladly pay higher prices across the board of it meant low crowds and wait times like we've seen since June.

My pessimism is that I don't believe it's Disney's intention to offer that trade off. I think they thought SWGE would pack the park to record levels and allow them to push prices to record highs simultaneously.

They've thus far failed, but I doubt they'll give up trying.

Mac Tonight

This is a true conundrum.

Lower crowds = a more pleasant parks experience, but also means budget cuts due to less revenue.
Higher crowds = a less pleasant parks experience, but also means more budget to enhance the overall product.

I know we'd like the best of both worlds in this scenario, but I just don't think its really possible, especially with Cheap-out Chapek at the helm.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've said this before. I would gladly pay higher prices across the board of it meant low crowds and wait times like we've seen since June.

My pessimism is that I don't believe it's Disney's intention to offer that trade off. I think they thought SWGE would pack the park to record levels and allow them to push prices to record highs simultaneously.

They've thus far failed, but I doubt they'll give up trying.
Except its not quite that simple. Yes as a business Disney wants the park packed. But at the same time they know that a packed park has the potential at lower overall revenue due to lower guest satisfaction. As higher gate clicks doesn't always equate to higher overall revenue. So its a balancing act.

mickEblu

This is a true conundrum.

Lower crowds = a more pleasant parks experience, but also means budget cuts due to less revenue.
Higher crowds = a less pleasant parks experience, but also means more budget to enhance the overall product.

I know we'd like the best of both worlds in this scenario, but I just don't think its really possible, especially with Cheap-out Chapek at the helm.

I definitely prefer the former.

Travel Junkie

Same here.

Yeah I remember them saying that too. Predicting it now. When this quarter financials are announced theme park revenue will be up. But that SR ride is only 35 minutes for parts of the day so some think the sky is falling.

Mac Tonight

I definitely prefer the former.
At what point does that tip though? If they cancel all live entertainment? If they start stagger opening entire lands? If they start closing restaurants randomly ala Paris? If they lay off enough mechanics that rides become deadly ala Big Thunder?
This is definitely the bigger question. When do all their budget cutting measures finally make us give up on the parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom