What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

TP2000

By the way, I am a voter for the Golden Ticket awards, and have been for decades now. Went back to my Ballot to see my choice.

Reese’s Cupfusion at Hershey Park

Okay, wait a minute, there's not only a thing called the Golden Ticket Awards, but there was a new ride this year called Reese's Cupfusion and you are just now telling us about this?!? :D

I just Googled Reese's Cupfusion. I assumed it was a teacup ride, but it's actually a dark ride where you shoot laser beams at little chocolate creatures. Or something. How did we not know about this???

"Intruders detected, stun them with some sweetness!"

Darkbeer1

Okay, wait a minute, there's not only a thing called the Golden Ticket Awards, but there was a new ride this year called Reese's Cupfusion and you are just now telling us about this?!? :D

I just Googled Reese's Cupfusion. I assumed it was a teacup ride, but it's actually a dark ride where you shoot laser beams at little chocolate creatures. Or something. How did we not know about this???

"Intruders detected, stun them with some sweetness!"

Sorry, this is a Disney-Centric board, though we do talk about other places in SoCal...

But I should be riding Cupfusion next June :)

BubbaQuest

So I'm beyond confused.

Current wait times during a beautiful early September day in California. SoCal APs unblocked.

Splash Mountain: 35 min
HMH: 55 min
Target Run: 45 min
Peter Pan: 20 min
Radiator Springs: 75 min
Guardians: 45 min
Soarin: 45 min
Space Mountain: 75 min

So it looks the AP crowds have returned, but I was expecting *much* higher numbers for the first Sunday. Did people just show up for the Friday fireworks and then leave?

Can we blame the NFL now?

TP2000

Thanks @BubbaQuest !

And 3pm on a Sunday is the peak of the crowds, as Sunday crowds tend to drain away quickly after 5pm as everyone goes home to do laundry and pack lunches for Monday morning back to work and school.

Disneyland is open until Midnight tonight, but I imagine by evening the wait times will be dropping quickly.

ProjectXBlog

So I'm beyond confused.

Current wait times during a beautiful early September day in California. SoCal APs unblocked.

So it looks the AP crowds have returned, but I was expecting *much* higher numbers for the first Sunday. Did people just show up for the Friday fireworks and then leave?

just got back from rope-dropping and was very surprised it wasn’t busier than it was. the longest lines i saw were people trying to get popcorn buckets

TP2000

just got back from rope-dropping and was very surprised it wasn’t busier than it was. the longest lines i saw were people trying to get popcorn buckets

Out at WDW right now the Falcon only has a 40 minute wait. And in that WDW park that only has five other rides, the rest are shorter or walk-ons this evening.

DHS at 6pm Eastern Time
Star Tours, Alien Swirling Saucers - 5 Minutes
Tower of Terror, Midway Mania - 10 Minutes
Rock N' Roller Coaster - 20 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 40 Minutes
Slinky Dog Dash - 40 Minutes

mickEblu

So I'm beyond confused.

It’s crazy. At DCA now and it’s been very light crowds all day. Walkways feel pretty empty. Wait time for rides are average except for the Guardians Halloween overlay. Haven’t been to DL yet. Walkways haven’t been this empty in a while.

planodisney

It’s crazy. At DCA now and it’s been very light crowds all day. Walkways feel pretty empty. Wait time for rides are average except for the Guardians Halloween overlay. Haven’t been to DL yet. Walkways haven’t been this empty in a while.
Parks on both coasts are pretty empty. What’s going on? Obviously SWGE hasn’t been enough to overcome the downturn, which is disappointing, but what the heck is causing it in the first place.
But please last a couple more weeks until my vacation!!!

TP2000

7pm. 0 people waiting in line for a Ronto Wrap . I thought the place was closed or something in the kitchen wasn’t working. Also did they raise the prices on these things? $16+ for a Ronto wrap and a coke after the AP discount. Yeesh.

Isn't that also the place that serves the jerky, with the robot spinning the bbq spit?
I went in there in June and it was empty then too.

SuddenStorm

Because I’m a fool. I literally made the same exact comparison in my mind as I was eating the overpriced Ronto Wrap. I didn’t Remember it being so expensive.

I recently asked a few long time food and beverage CM's that have worked around the resort what the best value for dollar meal is at the resort.... Plaza Inn was the winner, though one said they used to prefer French Market before they changed the menu.

From now on, I dine exclusively at the inn. Also, the $5 boudin sourdough loaf at DCA is good too, and if you order inside they'll slice it for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom