News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Epcot_Imagineer

Hondo will become more popular than Figment.

aladdin2007

So is that concept art supposed to be the update to the "Thank the Phoenicians" scene?

to me it looks like its at the very top where you start to go backwards?....and regarding the light trail story line or whatever its going to be, that is reminiscent of the frozen light trail effect on the ceiling that follows you, tech wise anyway from what they showed.

mikejs78

Premium Member
to me it looks like its at the very top where you start to go backwards?....and regarding the light trail story line or whatever its going to be, that is reminiscent of the frozen light trail effect on the ceiling that follows you, tech wise anyway from what they showed.
I'm wondering if it is at the very beginning, setting the stage...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm wondering if it is at the very beginning, setting the stage...

Looks like it's projected on a wall, which means replacing the hunt of a woolly mammoth, a species we caused to go extinct.

BTW, first time I realized how horrific that tableau is.

Here, in this hostile world, is where our story begins.
We are alone, struggling to survive until we learn to communicate with one another.
Now we can hunt as a team and bring about the extinction of other species that aren't nearly as clever as ourselves.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Looks like it's projected on a wall, which means replacing the hunt of a woolly mammoth, a species we caused to go extinct.

We are alone, struggling to survive until we learn to communicate with one another.
Now we can hunt as a team and bring about the extinction of other species that aren't nearly as clever as ourselves.
Yeah, that's exactly where I think it might go.

Goofyernmost

That's probably true but to be fair, their local Piggly Wiggly was probably boarded up due to a hurricane and people gotta eat. I'm sure before long they will, piggly wiggly I mean, be back manufacturing those steaks, chops and so on in the back room. They use clay to form some of the best T-Bone's one has ever had.
Disclaimer: No animal was harmed in the production of these culinary delights!
As far as you know!

RSoxNo1

In the concept art it showed a flying manta ray in the sky that resembled the scene with Moana's grandmother all lit up like that in the movie.
I'm aware, but there was some concern/disagreement as to whether or not that was the "Story Light" going over the Phoenicians scene or a new Moana sequence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom