News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

DCLcruiser

New SSE advertisement on buses... (jk)

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 10.45.06 AM.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I remember chuckling when I saw Moana because you could tell how little the filmmakers actually wanted to include animal sidekicks in the movie; they did a good job, considering, but you can just visualize the emails in your mind, corporate sharing notes and underlining "gotta sell those plushies!"
They included the notes in the movie! “if you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess" - Maui

Steph15251

Said my "goodbyes" Monday, Rode it twice. Second time in Spanish thanks to my lovely funny wife... I expect it to be down in july when i return.
My twin loves SSE ,she has to force me to go on it ,I do not hate SSE my issue is that I am afraid of heights ,the fear of heights with me started overtime so the end part of SSE I have an issue with.It is odd since I can deal with roller coasters and I am fine with soaring and FOP as long as I do not look down.

Mainahman

My twin loves SSE ,she has to force me to go on it ,I do not hate SSE my issue is that I am afraid of heights ,the fear of heights with me started overtime so the end part of SSE I have an issue with.It is odd since I can deal with roller coasters and I am fine with soaring and FOP as long as I do not look down.
You know, my wife and i are not a fan of heights, but ive been riding SSE forever, and you dont even realize how high you really are ha!

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have a wish that the new voice over is both Judi Dench and Dungeons & Dragons era Jeremy Irons going back and forth to win our attention al la Airport's "There is no parking in the red zone" scene...

One can dream! ;)

This week I re-watched all three parts of @marni1971's excellent Ultimate Tribute to SSE. That Irons version was so....epic. The descent especially was just awe inspiring - with the Cronkite version being a close second.

There's a lot to love about the current version - the score is great, Dench does a great job with a less than stellar script, the upgraded animatronics are awesome, but the Irons version was just the complete package from start to finish.

I'd rate the versions in this order, from best to worst.

1. v3 (Irons)
2. v2 (Cronkite)
3. v4 (Dench)
4. v1 (Perrin)

I wonder where v5 will land in that ranking?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom