News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes. The wait times at this very moment are because the majority of parks just opened. Hollywood opened hours before any other park, so most guests would choose the park that is open rather than the one that isn't.

So no matter how many more people are in line for SR, you can use that time differential as an excuse, and then there is no metric by which one can say SWL is successful.

You've overplayed your hand here. Go away.

planodisney

We are going end of September. I sure hope this isn’t what wait times for DHS settle into. 2 hours for Smugglers Run and over an hour for everything else. And hurricane playing havoc this weekend, I’m starting to think DHS could be a madhouse for our vacation.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Ive figured it out. Smugglers run opened late August, so it's a Virgo. Mercury trines Uranus today and the afternoon Libra moon squaring Capricorn Saturn adds a willingness to commit time and effort.

This explains EVERYTHING!! 🤣😂

Screenshot_20190901-105816.png

mikejs78

Premium Member
So I did a little research and found something interesting.

Day 2 of FoP, it was down 9% of the day. Same with day 3.

Day 2 of FEA, it was down 44% of the day. Day 3 it was 36% down.

I don't know the data, but we all know Hagrids had numerous reliability issues early on.

MF? Zero downtime since opening (at least through Saturday 8/31).

Maybe Disney's issue here is that they made a ride that is too reliable.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So I did a little research and found something interesting.

Day 2 of FoP, it was down 9% of the day. Same with day 3.

Day 2 of FEA, it was down 44% of the day. Day 3 it was 36% down.

I don't know the data, but we all know Hagrids had numerous reliability issues early on.

MF? Zero downtime since opening (at least through Saturday 8/31).

Maybe Disney's issue here is that they made a ride that is too reliable.
Falcon is not reliable. Yet. It’s had as many issues keeping all 4 rotating as you’d expect for a new ride.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thank you for the review! What you say here is my ultimate worry. It's basically a land where you need to spend $$$$$ to fully enjoy. and i don't like the new Star Wars canon nearly enough to do that. I'm curious, do you plan on displaying your droid and saber when you get home? I wouldn't know what to do with them after the trip.... and boy they are expensive.
I’m going to chase the cats with our droids when we get home.

mergatroid

And here I was feeling guilty that I'll probably end up buying a first order officer cap for $30. Now I can say, hey, at least it's not 30 thousand.

The other year my wife was asked to buy a Potter bottle of ink from Uni by her friend. Her friend had bought the pen when there but not the ink. The normal black ink at Uni cost around $18 from Potter land. I guess parks can charge what they want :)

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Thank you for the review! What you say here is my ultimate worry. It's basically a land where you need to spend $$$$$ to fully enjoy. and i don't like the new Star Wars canon nearly enough to do that. I'm curious, do you plan on displaying your droid and saber when you get home? I wouldn't know what to do with them after the trip.... and boy they are expensive.
R2TUTU is my daughter's new toy. And like @JenniferS above, she likes to chase our cats with it. I attach the blasters - they go nuts over the flashing red lights!

The lightsaber is a different question. I'm thinking that I will display the hilt in my home office, which is a combination shrine to Star Wars and the University of Texas.

Even if you don't like the ST (I'm one of those people without strong feelings - I enjoy it more than the PT, less than the OT, but I don't think it destroyed my childhood), there are things that are enjoyable. Savi's and the MF are timeless (hence, the reasons why they were my absolute favorite parts of the land). Chewy and R2 are hanging out. Blue milk is about as OG as you can get.

And don't feel like you need to spend money to enjoy the land. For non-fans or folks who don't want to buy a lot (or any) merch, it is still 100% worth just wandering and looking around at all of the details. Hit up Oga's first thing in the morning; look around the marketplace and Dok Ondar's; stroll through the kinetic/frenetic energy in Droid Depot; take some Photopass pictures; ride the Falcon. You can do all of that, depending on the line for the Falcon, in 2 hours. Then you can get spit out into Toy Story Land.

durangojim

Something that is fun and free, which I don’t see many taking about, is the disney play app in GE. We didn’t use it the first day, but when my wife and I went back the next day we spent 45 minutes having a blast hacking into the control panels and tuning into communications. It was fun, easy, and engaging. My wife who is not technologically oriented at all really had fun with it!

KikoKea

We are going end of September. I sure hope this isn’t what wait times for DHS settle into. 2 hours for Smugglers Run and over an hour for everything else. And hurricane playing havoc this weekend, I’m starting to think DHS could be a madhouse for our vacation.
View attachment 404384
Same here, end of Sept. We were thinking if everyone flocked to MFSR and ignored TT and RNRC, we'd hit the park early and ride those 2 (and Star Tours, if not busy) several times before heading off to another park. I'll be watching the wait times in the coming weeks. Hope it isn't crazy. If the parks are crazy, we'll do our FPs and spend more time at the pool!🧜‍♀️

Ojo4

Yeah, better cut those performers. The parks division might go broke otherwise 🧐.

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not. I don't think you realize how unbelievably expensive it is to operate a theme park. It is extremely difficult to turn a profit and operation/development costs are only going to keep going up. P&R is not some golden egg that just prints money and I can promise you that the rising costs in the next decade are keeping the suits up at night.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I can't tell if this is a serious post or not. I don't think you realize how unbelievably expensive it is to operate a theme park. It is extremely difficult to turn a profit and operation/development costs are only going to keep going up. P&R is not some golden egg that just prints money and I can promise you that the rising costs in the next decade are keeping the suits up at night.
Chapek...is that you?

MrHappy

It's pretty obvious that its sarcasm. And very funny at that.
And this "news" is not Disney's super plan to combat low SWGE attendance at DL.

justintheharris

While people are showing up for Star Wars land more so than they were in Disneyland, I still feel like Disney isn't entirely satisfied. Yes, a hurricane is on the way but wasn't every park supposed to hit capacity after guests were being turned away from Hollywood Studios and the virtual queue be a regular thing for at least two weeks?

MrHappy

While people are showing up for Star Wars land more so than they were in Disneyland, I still feel like Disney isn't entirely satisfied. Yes, a hurricane is on the way but wasn't every park supposed to hit capacity after guests were being turned away from Hollywood Studios and the virtual queue be a regular thing for at least two weeks?
They half opened the land. I'm sure they are expecting a repeat of this in Dec. I am too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom