News Target coming to Walt Disney World and Disney Store shop-in-shop coming to Target stores

FigmentForver96

I mean as someone who operates as a District HR for the company I’m excited for the collab. As a company we’ve been doing it well in the retail world so having this just adds to that.

Kman101

I actually think this is a smart idea. It was just a poor presentation and the wrong place to announce the collab. It's actually really smart and finally Chapek does the job he should be doing. A merchandise man should NOT be running the parks. Lumping them all together with the cruise line and branding it as "experiences" sounds good on paper but it doesn't translate well ...

SirWillow

I actually think this is a great idea, and long overdue in their quest to keep resort guests on property. Now if you need something- same basic clothing, baby supplies, other electronics, and probably even some semi-reasonable food staples, you'll have a more reasonable place to get them- particularly a lot of things that aren't carried in the resort stores. it's also a great way to keep people buying things on property- like groceries- that they are currently sending out for delivery services to.

It should be interesting to see where they put it and how accessible to resort guests without other transportation it will be.

There’s already a huge Target with a ton of Disney merch on 192 lol

Sure, and there are Wal Marts and other stores around. But resort guests without transportation can't get to them without hiring out. Disney doesn't get a cut of the money. This solves both of those issues- resort guests will be able to get to it without leaving property, and Disney is sure to have a slice as part of the deal.

lazyboy97o

it's also a great way to keep people buying things on property- like groceries- that they are currently sending out for delivery services to.
Target owns Shipt. I wonder if we could see an official delivery option.

Not really because the mark up will be huge for the on property target. If it isn’t then Disney is in danger of canibalizing itself as guests buy cheap target products and food which means they won’t have to eat at Disney restaurants and food courts.

I think a bigger reason this happened is B Iger needs money and they also probably plan on cutting back/closing a lot of the real brick and mortar Disney stores.
Most of Disney’s leases include a cut of revenue along with rent.

FigmentForver96

That's all fine and dandy but if you sell cheap Target food/groceries and products then the resort guests will stop eating at the Disney restaurants and food courts. What you will more likely see is just a Target store that sells Disney clothes and stuffed animals on WDW property and Disney Springs.
I’d imagine something like a small format. 15,000-30000 sq ft. Usually has the basics for the area so probably grab and go and hotel food essentials. However with the small format they typically don’t run Shipt

tissandtully

Just realized that the Target store will be at Flamingo Crossing, so sorry about the little rant I had on not wanting it in DS.🙂
I find it interesting they said it was coming to Walt Disney World, yet it’s outside the entrance signs. I know Disney owns the Flamingo crossings property, so, maybe they will be considering that part of WDW too. But that’d be weird, it’s like calling crossroads part of WDW. I love FC the way it is now and also the price of the hotels there, can’t beat $89 a night with free breakfast!

RobbinsDad

I have 2 kids that have practically grown up in the toy section at Target. There is already a buttload if Disney stuff there. I don’t think creating a new Disney store section is going to move the needle any in terms of merch pushing. I’m so confused any way, why is Disney investing more in brick/mortar retail when it’s a mature industry at best. Target may have longer life span than others but it’s still not going to add consumers over time, only reduce them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom