Disney Wish

invader

Wish seems like a good name. Surprised they’d do it though considering I thought they’d never redo an abbreviation (DM, DW, DD, DF, DW?). Not sure how I feel about Rapunzel on the stern.

Stripes

They keep boosting the estimated GT. First it was 135,000, then it was 140,000, now it’s 144,000. So now we’re 14,000 GT larger than the Dream-class. Given that they’re not increasing the number of staterooms, most of this I expect will go to additional public spaces onboard.

MarkTwain

They keep boosting the estimated GT. First it was 135,000, then it was 140,000, now it’s 144,000. So now we’re 14,000 GT larger than the Dream-class. Given that they’re not increasing the number of staterooms, most of this I expect will go to additional public spaces onboard.

It's interesting how much it keeps rising. I can hopefully hope it's going to the public areas... didn't the Dream class get a big increase in the stateroom count late in development? The public spaces on the Dream class certainly feel overcrowded to me relative to the Magic class, so here's hoping they can more attention this time around.

Stripes

It's interesting how much it keeps rising. I can hopefully hope it's going to the public areas... didn't the Dream class get a big increase in the stateroom count late in development? The public spaces on the Dream class certainly feel overcrowded to me relative to the Magic class, so here's hoping they can more attention this time around.
The Dream class was announced to have 1,250 staterooms in the first release. So nothing changed there.

Cesar R M

The other alternative would be, making some rooms bigger.
RCCL has been upping their suites nonstop.

Speaking of size. I wonder if that rumor about the new ships having an actual full blown Disney attraction inside (similar to those RCCL ships with full blown games, laser tags,etc... space) the ship is true.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I imagine we get real details of it in 2021? Either at D23 or a separate announcement? I'm hoping for more public spaces, but I'd also like for the introduction of more ships drive down the overall cost of booking. So probably neither will happen.

jme

Does anyone know where it will be home ported and general itinerary?

Well based on contracts with Port Canaveral this one will be based there. I’m not sure which one, Dream or Fantasy will be moving it’s home port.

Disney's two largest ships in its current four-ship fleet — the Dream and the Fantasy — currently are based at Port Canaveral. Under the deal with the port, Disney will have three ships based at Port Canaveral — two ships that will be constructed, plus one of its existing ships.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s still not enough though...my opinion.

Quantum class is like 169,000??

That where’s they want to be. Not 212,000 like oasis...but the new ships are still gonna be a tad on the “small” side.

Stripes

It’s still not enough though...my opinion.

Quantum class is like 169,000??

That where’s they want to be. Not 212,000 like oasis...but the new ships are still gonna be a tad on the “small” side.
For its size the ship has very few staterooms. A higher percentage of the Quantum class is taken up by staterooms. Once that is taken into account, the amount of public spaces onboard should actually be quite similar.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For its size the ship has very few staterooms. A higher percentage of the Quantum class is taken up by staterooms. Once that is taken into account, the amount of public spaces onboard should actually be quite similar.
And that’s ok as long as it’s used on public spaces.

But I don’t buy it. Disney rooms tend to be a bit larger on average...and do you think they won’t add more cabins or way over the top, expensive suites?

That dog don’t hunt.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And by the way...I thought anthem felt a little smaller than it was last year. But to be fair...bigger than dream...way more useable space other than the lobby...

But that trip is being bookend by allure (2017) and Synphony (2019)...so grain of salt

Stripes

And by the way...I thought anthem felt a little smaller than it was last year. But to be fair...bigger than dream...way more useable space other than the lobby...

But that trip is being bookend by allure (2017) and Synphony (2019)...so grain of salt
Speaking of Anthem, I noticed that the Wish has a panoramic row of windows on her stern. Reminds me a bit of Two70.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of Anthem, I noticed that the Wish has a panoramic row of windows on her stern. Reminds me a bit of Two70.
View attachment 402100
270 is a little more “pronounced”...but DCL would do well to try and incorporate a space like that.

I say this all the time...but other than the movie theater, Disney ships from a facility perspective are really boring to me.

The “aqua duck” isn’t exhilarating ride for anyone other than a 2 year old either.

I hope these new ships up the game

DCLcruiser

270 is a little more “pronounced”...but DCL would do well to try and incorporate a space like that.

I say this all the time...but other than the movie theater, Disney ships from a facility perspective are really boring to me.

The “aqua duck” isn’t exhilarating ride for anyone other than a 2 year old either.

I hope these new ships up the game
The Drink of the Day is very exciting to me...

dcl-drink.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom