News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Animaniac93-98

Suspect all you want but there is a big difference between suspicion and proof

The proof was posted by multiple people. Multiple times. There's posts going back to the 90s were he signed off as Troy under TP2K.

I don't know how you can just shrug all that off. If it's all just coincidence, it's a pretty big coincidence.

That doesn't mean Troy was directed by Disney as part of a conspiracy plot, but TP2K is probably Troy Porter.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still leaning towards nothing more than jealous old queens (and I mean that in a loving way, sisters).

Such shade! I just can't! Quick, sugar, fetch momma her smellin' salts, she's 'bout to have one of her spells!!

Makes me really wonder on who Serpico was/is. I shared less than a third of what was provided and I believe that may have been why the flow of information stopped.

When you look back at Serpico's intel... did it seemed designed to advance or thwart the career of a particular exec?

People are seriously scouring the internet over stuff from 20 years ago?

Just how embarrassing is that?

What are you trying to hide on the internet from 20 years ago?!

pdude81

The proof was posted by multiple people. Multiple times. There's posts going back to the 90s were he signed off as Troy under TP2K.

I don't know how you can just shrug all that off. If it's all just coincidence, it's a pretty big coincidence.
I'm not saying that guys name isn't Troy. In fact, I don't know if it is or isn't. I don't post on that other board so I don't know if this TP2000 is the same as that TP2000. But even if they are the same person, and that person is named Troy... is he the same Troy (mentioned in the article)? For all I know he's a different Troy Porter that I can pull up on linkedin quickly that works for Disney with a different middle name.

This all just seems like Gaston whipping up the villagers to kill the Beast because he can't stand losing. Except Gaston doesn't retract or apologize

Animaniac93-98

I'm not saying that guys name isn't Troy. In fact, I don't know if it is or isn't. I don't post on that other board so I don't know if this TP2000 is the same as that TP2000. But even if they are the same person, and that person is named Troy... is he the same Troy?

He's own posts are consistent across boards about his personal history, to say nothing of his posting style. It's the same Troy.

For all I know he's a different Troy Porter that I can pull up on linkedin quickly that works for Disney with a different middle name.

No doubt there are other Troy Porters in and out of Disney, but this one has a pretty specific and consistent self-published narrative.

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

How dare people be intrigued by something interesting with actual merit.

The legend of DB Cooper is interesting, this stuff...

zh8SW5.gif

homerdance

I’d like to think my point of view is my own. Coz it is! If anything I’ve consciously been trying to curtail my personal thoughts and criticisms recently. My depression was getting even me down.

I’m certainly not trying to get across anyone else’s point of view. Nor would I try. I’d like to think anyone with half a grey cell can offer their own opinion or see though an ulterior motive. What I may do is try and explain my point of view, but would never assume anyone should blindly believe me. Just like now. You may or you may not. I can’t change that. Nor should it worry me. I’ve bluntly said elsewhere previously I don’t care if I’m believed. I don’t do it to be placed on a pedestal.

But nor do I do it for a third party. I do it since deep down I’m still a fan.
You're one of the good ones. So glad you share with us here. Thank you.

Am I the only one that doesn’t get all the talk about GE being a “failure”? It opened with most of the APs blacked out and the main ride not open. It hasn’t even opened in WDW yet, and I would guess most casual fans would go to the WDW one, not DL, and wait until both rides are open.

I’m just going based on what I see with my own eyes, I went to an AP preview last night and it was AWESOME.
I was suppose to go last night. Had something come up that I could not move. So now i wait like the rest of the unwashed masses till the end of the month.

andysol

There are platforms where I tried to sign up with a username I was using since the 90's and somehow with billions more people on the earth another person already had it on that platform. Also there can sometimes be more than one person with the same name in the same country. Even sometimes more than two people who have ties to Disney with the same name within a 20 year period.

This is why police do lineups after a robbery and can't just go by a general description of the person or a name used during the event.

I find it weird that I'm defending reasoning given that I know nothing about peoples real names or motivations in this story. Suspect all you want but there is a big difference between suspicion and proof
TP met with Spirit. TP posted as much about it on these threads.
Micechat outted him including the fact that he used a Disney email address.
That should be enough.

But the indisputable fact is:
TP himself has posted where he lived. On this forum. I included those.
Troy Porter lived at all of those addresses.

It's comical that anyone can say "if".

If I ever do anything illegal, please be in my jury. I could use someone like you.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They didn’t check our AP cards for some reason. They just checked out IDs and scanned our magic bands. But others had their pass checked apparently so I would definitely bring it if you can. I guess we must just look particularly trustworthy since they didn’t check ours. 🤷‍♂️
Or maybe they knew you were "trusted agents" already on the payroll... hmmmm???? :cautious:

pdude81

TP met with Spirit. TP posted as much about it on these threads.
Micechat outted him including the fact that he used a Disney email address.
That should be enough.

But the indisputable fact is:
TP himself has posted where he lived. On this forum. I included those.
Troy Porter lived at all of those addresses.

It's comical that anyone can say "if".

If I ever do anything illegal, please be in my jury. I could use someone like you.
I'd give you a fair shot, Andy. If that's your real name.... :p

Animaniac93-98

I think the biggest thing to take from this is this....

Disney wants to give the "fans" someone to blame and thats Bob Chapek and they have for years. I don't think he actually is the one solely responsible for a lot of the park issues but if you give parks fans a scapegoat to attack, it deflects blames off others.

And getting rid of him is unlikely to change anything we dislike about how the parks are being operated/changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom