Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Okay. It could have been worse.

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

This is how I understand things to date.
So.. What about the rumored beergarden? Is that more.or less just the seating you mentioned?

trainplane3

The west building will be razed. In its place will be two main buildings and a collection of simple, smaller ones. One main building will be where M&G will be located, the other an unusually shaped (think egg) multi level facility for festival operations, events and entertainment. It will indeed include an upper level bar / cafe type environment.

The much talked about water element will be an IP tied water maze near the Seas pavilion as has been discussed earlier.

There will be lots of winding pathways and foliage in this area. There is a proposal for a fountain feature where the existing one is. This may be the same or a replacement.

Circulation will be concentrated around the edge of what is currently the central area as opposed to walking in a straight line. Think of pathways following the current inside perimeters of east and west. And yes, there will be alcoholic beverage seating outside roughly where the current Mousegear rotunda is.

The east building will stay pretty much as is with a lot of cosmetic work. Merchandise will be where it is now, whilst the north east quadrant will become solely food and beverage.

The walkway(s) to Showcase will remain as-is albeit with the west addition widened and new landscaping on the central pathway. Lakes will remain as-is.

Are the CC tunnels going to hang around or will they be removed as part of this? I'd think they would modify and adapt them to the new buildings.

DreamfinderGuy

So, Innoventions East closes in less than three weeks, along with Club Cool and the Characters. EU and MouseGear close in November. That’ll leave the plaza completely empty. West’s removal should last through the first half of next year, with construction of the new buildings leading into 22 according to the old rumors here. Anything I’m missing? Is New East opening sooner than New West?

ppete1975

im so used to code words and riddles when you post (understandably so)… who gave you truth serum? And if the effects are still there whats going on with imagination ;)

Spash007

I'm a half glass full kind of guy, so the positives I'm taking from this is the FoN might stay, the beer garden at least won't be replacing it and at least over on the side, and I'm oddly excited that the one building is in an odd egg shape. Reminds of the original Epcot with fully imaginative building structures, rather than the lipstick on a pig themed front on a box.

Still, I can't help but wonder how non-symmetrical this will be. Having the "C" shape (I know there's a technical term for it that I'm missing at this point) on one side, and then a scatter of buildings on the other is going to look messy in my mind. And then there's the loss of Innoventions which I've always thought of as Epcot's unique Main Street, but I won't belabor that point.

I'm also really hoping this IP water maze will be behind some of the greenery, and it wont be that you pass under Spaceship Earth and see a giant Moana right away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom