Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Nemo14

I haven't tried 10 yet. I have the older Windows version on this (older) computer. Heard mixed reviews on 10, and not too much middle ground either -- people either really like it or hate it.
My desktop has Windows7 I may never replace it. 😎
Before we got that one we had the Frankenputer which was pretty much a combination of the past 2 or 3 desktops that we had. DH had partitioned the hard drive and added various extras to ithe motherboard to expand its original capabilities. It was awesome but it had got to the point where we couldn't update some of its features including its virus protection, so our kids decided that we needed a new one.

trr1

My desktop has Windows7 I may never replace it. 😎
Before we got that one we had the Frankenputer which was pretty much a combination of the past 2 or 3 desktops that we had. DH had partitioned the hard drive and added various extras to ithe motherboard to expand its original capabilities. It was awesome but it had got to the point where we couldn't update some of its features including its virus protection, so our kids decided that we needed a new one.
I think the desktop I have at home has Vista

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When DS started college he had to have a MacBook Pro for his major - cost us close to $2000. DD's we bought through her school for about $250.

Prices are so high on computers & printers. Last week, I went to a library workshop about how to use the 3D printers. (Note: I realize those are a lot more intricate than regular printers.) Anyway, the man leading the workshop told us that their printer cost $2,500, and that was with a bit of a discount, given to public libraries! :jawdrop:

Nemo14

Prices are so high on computers & printers. Last week, I went to a library workshop about how to use the 3D printers. (Note: I realize those are a lot more intricate than regular printers.) Anyway, the man leading the workshop told us that their printer cost $2,500, and that was with a bit of a discount, given to public libraries! :jawdrop:
The prices are coming down on those now though, or so I hear. When they're cheap enough I'm going to buy one and build a house with it!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The prices are coming down on those now though, or so I hear. When they're cheap enough I'm going to buy one and build a house with it!

They're beyond amazing. A prosthetic hand would normally cost thousands, but can be made for about $11 on a 3D printer! (Of course, the specs would have to be exact, would require a very skilled technician, and would be done on a much more expensive 3D printer, than what was in the library.)

He showed us a slide of a metal bridge made in 3D (over in the Netherlands, I think he said). Another fun slide was a photo of Jay Leno's 3D CAR -- yup, car --and even the engine, etc. -- all done in 3D!!! (I'm sure that cost a fortune for such a custom vehicle. Leno is a big fan of all types of cars.)

Nemo14

They're beyond amazing. A prosthetic hand would normally cost thousands, but can be made for about $11 on a 3D printer! (Of course, the specs would have to be exact, would require a very skilled technician, and would be done on a much more expensive 3D printer, than what was in the library.)

He showed us a slide of a metal bridge made in 3D (over in the Netherlands, I think he said). Another fun slide was a photo of Jay Leno's 3D CAR -- yup, car --and even the engine, etc. -- all done in 3D!!! (I'm sure that cost a fortune for such a custom vehicle. Leno is a big fan of all types of cars.)
Leno has a house in Newport you know

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom