Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jones14

The loss of the C-Ticket family friendly ride is a real bummer. I really feel like the land is lacking something for the younglings under 40" tall. And that map of the track seems like it'd make total sense with the DHS version as well.

They could easily add all the interactive elements back and build out the full TSR. But I don't think they'll be able to justify the ROI of adding a C-Ticket. If a third ride is ever added to DHS it'll need to be D-E level to create the necessary marketing hype.
It also sucks because a quality C-Ticket is EXACTLY the kind of ride DHS needs more of, and would have knocked out the issues of 1) not enough aliens and 2) not enough kinetic energy.

CinematicFusion

It also sucks because a quality C-Ticket is EXACTLY the kind of ride DHS needs more of, and would have knocked out the issues of 1) not enough aliens and 2) not enough kinetic energy.

The C-ticket would have added energy into Galaxys edge. Man, with droids, drones, live entertainment, this c-ticket, John Williams theme score, rise of the resistance open, old and new characters roaming the streets... it would be awesome.
A7CC5206-521C-482B-88A7-7DF7BF7ED6CC.jpeg
EBA3AE2F-0BD5-41D9-8425-6923F85DCE01.jpeg

ToTBellHop

The C-ticket would have added energy into Galaxys edge. Man, with droids, drones, live entertainment, this c-ticket, John Williams theme score, rise of the resistance open, old and new characters roaming the streets... it would be awesome.
View attachment 397954View attachment 397955
Such a pity. But it is wonderful to have someone of Lutz’s renown to come right out with this. Chapek deserves to be called out for his arrogance and stupidity on this.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
View attachment 397954View attachment 397955

Most of this would not take much to do. And I am now almost expecting that they do a lot of this...once RotR opens.

ImperfectPixie

To be fair it was one individual doing all the cutting.
I realize that...but there are also those who ALLOWED him to do the cutting, and likely some who kowtowed to his ideas in order to gain brownie points.

EDIT: If I were working closely with him - even with him as my superior - I would have fought him tooth and nail and gone over his head. (Done it before in my work life, and I'd do it again.)

999th Happy Haunt

iowamomof4

I was watching a video from Collider today and a guest on the show helped me see one of the major problems with Galaxy's Edge. She pointed out that beyond MF:SR and maybe the Play App, everything else designed to immerse you in the Star Wars universe requires spending extra money to participate. Want to build a droid that will interact with the land? Pony up $100 +tax. Want that droid to have a more interesting personality? That'll cost even more. Want to build a lightsaber? $200. Want to experience the cantina? Be prepared to fork over the funds here, too, pal. So if you had to pay the cost of a day ticket to get in and don't want to (or simply CAN'T) spend beyond that, you get the ride and maybe the app (if they actually get it working in DHS). You get to walk around and watch everyone else's droids boop and beep around the land and you get to see the props. That's it. Enjoy!

Incomudro

Most of this would not take much to do. And I am now almost expecting that they do a lot of this...once RotR opens.

They should have had these things out in full force - especially because RotR wasn't ready yet - to help make up for what they didn't have .
There were a number of people on these boards that said streetmosphere would likely be cut a year, two years later...
But they didn't even debut with it?
What were they thinking?

ParkPeeker

“being over-optimistic in an attempt to pack hotel rooms at peak Christmas rates, or waiting for the dead of winter to open what promises to be a very unreliable new ride.”

You gotta love doom and gloomer west coasters.

This article really reminds me of the critics here. Who always get a ton of hate. No buts, no being so defensive.

RobWDW1971

“being over-optimistic in an attempt to pack hotel rooms at peak Christmas rates, or waiting for the dead of winter to open what promises to be a very unreliable new ride.”

You gotta love doom and gloomer west coasters.

Uh...considering the ride is going to open (at best) 8 months late and they had to open the land without it, not sensing he's on thin ice with that adjective.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Uh...considering the ride is going to open (at best) 8 months late and they had to open the land without it, not sensing he's on thin ice with that adjective.

It is only going to be like 3 months late at DL, and almost on time at WDW...if you go by the original "Fall 2019" opening announcement rather than the "we are opening early but with only one ride" announcement. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom