Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is probably obvious but what does THRC stand for? Couldn’t find it on the list.

Which list were you looking at?

Surferboy567

Which list were you looking at?

The WDW one not yours :). Lost track of yours penguin. Thanks!

raymusiccity

Isn’t DOSH’s concerns essentially that the first two items need to be solved?

Or is this another case of “we need some retractable maintenance catwalks installed” like at Splash Mountain a few years ago?

In other words, are we talking guest safety or cast safety?
If it involves scooters, definitely cast member safety! :eek:

TP2000

Al Lutz just came out of retirement to knock Bob Chapek around a bit over Star Wars Land.

And in the Lutz Update there's an interesting schematic of how the Resistance ride fits together. 🧐

Not sure how we feel about linking to Micechat, but it's there today as if it was still 2002 and Al Lutz was going after Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss.

ToTBellHop

Al Lutz just came out of retirement to knock Bob Chapek around a bit over Star Wars Land.

And in the Lutz Update there's an interesting schematic of how the Resistance ride fits together. 🧐

Not sure how we feel about linking to Micechat, but it's there today as if it was still 2002 and Al Lutz was going after Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss.
AFAIK, everything regarding SWGE in his article is correct.

Disneyland Mumbai is interesting!

TP2000

AFAIK, everything regarding SWGE in his article is correct.

Disneyland Mumbai is interesting!

I'd read him since 1996 until he left the scene a few years ago. His golden age was really 1999-2007 when DCA flopped and Disneyland was saved from the brink. His accuracy is generally top notch, especially in retrospect when at the time some of his critics (who have long since slunk into obscurity and/or proven to be lying shills) said he was off base.

The map of the C Ticket dark ride and the missing supper club restaurant is neat to look at, but the overview of the Resistance ride is also impressive. Bob Chapek has some explaining to do.

Last edited:

eddie104

Why did his whole article remind me of you ? :)

El_Tomato

Can we have the link? The one I found wasn’t loading... :confused:

TP2000

TP2000

Are you saying that's a bad thing?

What he said...
It’s sometimes unwarranted. Disneyland ain’t perfect. Let’s compare that Mickey fireworks travesty to Happily Ever After.

Disneyland isn't perfect. But Anaheim does tend to self-correct faster than other parks in Disney's empire. That Mickey's fireworks travesty thing early this year, for example, only lasted a few months before it was pulled and replaced with the old fireworks show that is much better.

To get back OT, it will be interesting to see how they correct the identical Star Wars Lands once the Resistance ride opens. Do they roll out two sets of interactive entertainment/droids/bands/musicians/etc. on each coast simultaneously to fix the problems the land has? Or do they test it out on one coast first? And which coast gets the fix first? If huge crowds show up at DHS, I can't see it would be the priority.

Right now at 5:15 Pacific time on a perfectly gorgeous summer day, the Millennium Falcon ride at Disneyland has a 35 minute wait on the Disneyland App. :oops: This was not what was supposed to happen this summer.

I would think Disneyland would get the first shot at any land fixes once Resistance opens. But maybe not? Maybe there's no fixes coming?

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Right now at 5:15 Pacific time on a perfectly gorgeous summer day, the Millennium Falcon ride at Disneyland has a 35 minute wait on the Disneyland App. :oops:

Let’s see what happens same time next week without AP blackouts. If it’s 60 min or less I’d probably start to be concerned. (Black Spires of Agraba?)

jt04

What he said...

Disneyland isn't perfect. But Anaheim does tend to self-correct faster than other parks in Disney's empire. That Mickey's fireworks travesty thing early this year, for example, only lasted a few months before it was pulled and replaced with the old fireworks show that is much better.

To get back OT, it will be interesting to see how they correct the identical Star Wars Lands once the Resistance ride opens. Do they roll out two sets of interactive entertainment/droids/bands/musicians/etc. on each coast simultaneously to fix the problems the land has? Or do they test it out on one coast first? And which coast gets the fix first? If huge crowds show up at DHS, I can't see it would be the priority.

Right now at 5:15 Pacific time on a perfectly gorgeous summer day, the Millennium Falcon ride at Disneyland has a 35 minute wait on the Disneyland App. :oops: This was not what was supposed to happen this summer.

I would think Disneyland would get the first shot at any land fixes once Resistance opens. But maybe not? Maybe there's no fixes coming?

The land was designed to evolve along side the new "cinematic universe" IMO.

jt04

Let’s see what happens same time next week without AP blackouts. If it’s 60 min or less I’d probably start to be concerned. (Black Spires of Agraba?)

If AP holders don't show up in DL they will be shooting themselves in the foot. IMHO.

There won't be any appetite by investors when looking at the DLR.

ToTBellHop

If AP holders don't show up in DL they will be shooting themselves in the foot. IMHO.

There won't be any appetite by investors when looking at the DLR.
You are likely correct that they may interpret it that way. If DHS is crowded and guest reviews suggest a need for entertainment and a TSR, I bet both get approved. Toy Story Land is getting its TSR because the land is successful but guests want more dining. It’s already more robust than other Toy Story Lands and will only be moreso.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom