News D23 Expo 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct. And I consider the monorail as only transportation. I have no affinity or nostalgia for it other than getting me from A to B.

The monorail is an iconic attraction. It was once an E-Ticket ride. It most certainly counts as a ride of the park!!!

So, then that means WDW can count the Skyliner and all the Ferry boats as rides in the DLR v. WDW ride count?

The monorail is just transportation.

;)

DCLcruiser

The monorail is an iconic attraction. It was once an E-Ticket ride. It most certainly counts as a ride of the park!!!

So, then that means WDW can count the Skyliner and all the Ferry boats as rides in the DLR v. WDW ride count?

The monorail is just transportation.

;)
All I will say is that for a long time the Disney Channel and Resort's commercial shows would highlight that the "fastest attraction at WDW was...the Monorail @ 40 MPH!" I get that it's transportation, but it's more of an immersive experience than the buses.

brodie999

A poster mentioned Brayden from Mickey views giving out hints about the announcement but all I could find is a vague tweet saying Disney has something up their sleeve and it hasn’t been speculated yet.
Hey, where's the poster you mentioned Brayden was on? Could you find it and post it on here? And the tweet about Disney having big secrets about Universal?

homerdance

Few guesses...Disney+/Hulu Live to replace DirecTV in hotels/resorts.
Paid Security clearance (ala TSA precheck)
As others have said, a VR type experience
or something transportation related, such as new monorails.

Ravenclaw78

It's amazing Disney and Universal's announcements are so well-kept secret they might even be connected to one another. Their announcements on the same day really is an odd move. I wonder what it could really be.

Universal's new park was the worst-kept secret in the theme park industry for over a year before it was announced, and they gave the public (and therefore Disney) almost a week's warning of the press conference date before they officially announced it. It's not like Disney had no idea this was going to happen last Thursday.

Kamikaze

Universal's new park was the worst-kept secret in the theme park industry for over a year before it was announced, and they gave the public (and therefore Disney) almost a week's warning of the press conference date before they officially announced it. It's not like Disney had no idea this was going to happen last Thursday.

A year? They bought the land way back in 2015. Its been almost 5 years since people have 'known' they wanted to build a park there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the only reason for the very vague announcement was that the next set of permits was going to reveal the name of the park and so they got ahead of that and made it into a media event which revealed nothing new (most people new the lands from leaks) except the name.

And I don't blame Uni for the event, but, that means the timing of the announcement had nothing to do with what Disney was doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom