News Character Spot, Innoventions and more to close in September

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Stopped by everyone's favorite glowy pieces of concrete tonight...
wiz19Jb.jpg

IO08ev7.jpg

twGJKde.jpg

7mASBcD.jpg

I never know these existed? Where are they?

trainplane3

Right here:

I really hope they bring these back in some sort of incarnation...my boys love playing around them and I can't imagine they're the only ones who do.
I'm a 26 year old "kid" and even I like stopping by and looking at them. Just one of those really neat, small things. I show them to my friends when I can and they enjoy them as well.

ImperfectPixie

Right here:
View attachment 392151

I'm a 26 year old "kid" and even I like stopping by and looking at them. Just one of those really neat, small things. I show them to my friends when I can and they enjoy them as well.
They're really cool...the lights move so the designs sort of form and change right before your eyes. Our second trip with our boys, we started bringing a huge pack of glo-bracelets and for our boys, playing here and giving away the bracelets is one of their favorite things.

HoldenC

This is sad and hopefully temporary. I have been planning a special trip with a couple of people who have never had Beverly. I figured it would be one last time on a nice, hot day to pull that gag before it goes away.
I did learn from my friend it was still available as recently as July 4. So hopefully it's just an out of stock situation 🤷‍♂️

trainplane3

I did a little tour of pictures when I was down there. A sort of "before and after" idea. Whenever the park is done being wall city, I'll try to get close to where I was to get the same point of view.
Roughly facing Imagination:
2isIk7t.jpg

Obvious location is obvious:
Us36HqL.jpg

Roughly facing The Land:
kTYKtbi.jpg

Facing SSE from in front of the theater:
aoqFLpU.jpg

And a random one of East, because it looked kinda nice:
ErA2E0c.jpg

Fun fact, those two ladies in this picture were smoking and got really uncomfortable when I stopped and took a picture.

I have other angles of West from the day and night as well, but I don't want to blow the thread up with a bunch of pictures. This should be fun when it's all done in a couple of years.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Just seen this on the website.

Bye bye Baymax.

“As part of the ongoing transformation to Epcot, Character Greetings with Baymax is scheduled to close later this year.”

And it looks like both Joy and Sadness are going too?

“As part of the ongoing transformation of Epcot, Character Greetings with Joy and Sadness is scheduled to close later this year. Enjoy meeting some of your favorite Disney Characters at other locations throughout Epcot! “

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just seen this on the website.

Bye bye Baymax.

“As part of the ongoing transformation to Epcot, Character Greetings with Baymax is scheduled to close later this year.”

And it looks like both Joy and Sadness are going too?

“As part of the ongoing transformation of Epcot, Character Greetings with Joy and Sadness is scheduled to close later this year. Enjoy meeting some of your favorite Disney Characters at other locations throughout Epcot! “

And more....

To Summarize,
  • closings: Baymax, Joy & Sadness, Electric Umbrella, Innoventions East, Colortopia, Nanooze
  • temporary closures: Mickey & Friends (Sep 8 2019)
  • moved to temporary homes: Starbucks (somewhere this Fall); Art of Disney (to Heritage Manor); Pin Central (to Camera Center); Mouse Gear (somewhere this Winter)

Untouched (so far)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And more....
To Summarize,
  • closings: Baymax, Joy & Sadness, Electric Umbrella, Innoventions East, Colortopia, Nanooze
  • moved to temporary homes: Starbucks (somewhere this Fall); Art of Disney (to Heritage Manor); Pin Central (to Camera Center); Mouse Gear (somewhere this Winter)

Untouched (so far)
But it’s an exciting transformation remember.

nickys

Premium Member
And more....
To Summarize,

Untouched (so far)

Also, you can no longer click on Club Cool to get more info, although it’s still on the map. 🥺

This was the only way I could find it on the website, it isn’t listed under refreshments anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom