"Black box" interchangeable dark ride coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Hotamber

They sold Disney Quest back in the day the same way (state of the art attractions that can be easily updated) and it had many popular IPs like Aladdin, Pirates, and Toy Story but only about two ever got updated now its NBA Experience ...

Epcot_Imagineer

No; trackless motion through a physical space.
I remember someone attributing this tech to recreations of classic Disney Rides of old, is that the intent? Or will this be implementing totally new experiences? The more I think on it, I believe the person who claimed that has an iffy track record, and I assume you can't say much unless it's in the negative.

EDIT: Martin said he has heard nothing to support this theory.

Last edited:

britain

I remember someone attributing this tech to recreations of classic Disney Rides of old, is that the intent? Or will this be implementing totally new experiences? The more I think on it, I believe the person who claimed that has an iffy track record, and I assume you can't say much unless it's in the negative.

It's probably true that they could flip a switch and make it "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: A Tribute"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve heard nothing about resurrecting old rides with it.

aladdin2007

The main thing I'm excited about here is the prospect of ancillary thematic/aesthetic improvements to the Animation Courtyard area. Hopefully that's part of the project...

couldn't they use the original animation building for this? That was a huge amount of space and property footage. Other than launch bay being in part of it isn't the area still prime real estate back there for this and or some other project down the road? It always seemed like a waste to me after the working studio closed. Management offices could go else where and not use up what could be attraction space etc.

Marc Davis Fan

couldn't they use the original animation building for this? That was a huge amount of space and property footage. Other than launch bay being in part of it isn't the area still prime real estate back there for this and or some other project down the road? It always seemed like a waste to me after the working studio closed. Management offices could go else where and not use up what could be attraction space etc.

I hope they do just that. And I hope the project’s budget includes thematic/aesthetic improvements to the courtyard.

Timothy_Q

For the record, this ride is not *all* screens. The switchover would NOT be over night either. While I expect the queue to remain mostly generic and not switched between concepts, there will still be pre-fab physical set pieces in these attractions.
Sounds like it wouldn't be TOO far off Ratatouille then?

The ride portion at least. Not facade, queue and load/unload

SirLink

For the record, this ride is not *all* screens. The switchover would NOT be over night either. While I expect the queue to remain mostly generic and not switched between concepts, there will still be pre-fab physical set pieces in these attractions.

Which is what I stated earlier in this thread ...

I think people on the board think that one day its one LPS ride and after third shift it is a new LPS ride. It would still take 5 months at a minimum to replace stuff if it is indeed a ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom