Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stripes

We’ll be there opening day and can’t wait to experience again and see if we can spot the subtle differences!
I've created a thread highlighting a few of the differences in the lands. There's still quite a few more that I haven't listed, but the thread doesn't seem to have drawn much interest. If you guys would like me to expand on it just let me know.

Last edited:

RAXIP

That's because his name isn't Ren. It's Kylo Ren. Actually, his real name is Ben Solo, but "Kylo Ren" is like Anakin Skywalker becoming "Darth Vader". Nobody in the movies ever calls him just "Ren", so they don't sound similar onscreen.
General Hux does refer to Kylo as just “Ren” a few times in The Force Awakens

MickeyMinnieMom

I've created a thread highlighting a few of the differences in the lands. There's still quite a few more that I haven't listed, but the thread doesn't seem to have drawn much interest. If you guys would like me to expand on it just let me know.
Thanks I’ll check it out!

ImperfectPixie

So.... I'm really going to need trading cards to keep that straight. I saw the big movie at Christmas 2015, but I was at one of those fancy theaters where you sit in a big reclining chair and a cocktail waitress brings you champagne and cheesecake to your seat, so maybe that alcohol/sugar combo prevented my brain from retaining that info.

Trading cards would help with all the new names. I can't be the only one! :D
If there's alcohol involved, I have to see a movie like three times before it all sticks. :hilarious:

bclane

So I was at DHS today and walked over to the SWGE entrance just to check it out. Once I got there I noticed some family was being followed by two professional cameras and a guy with a boom mike. I thought maybe they were filming a promo or something but then they walked up to the wall that blocks the entrance, opened the door and walked the family into Galaxy’s Edge. I was like what the heck!?! Anyone know what that’s all about? Make a wish foundation maybe? Some super VIP? I was definitely intrigued and several people around me let out a gasp and we were all like who the heck was that?

Angry Warlock

So I was at DHS today and walked over to the SWGE entrance just to check it out. Once I got there I noticed some family was being followed by two professional cameras and a guy with a boom mike. I thought maybe they were filming a promo or something but then they walked up to the wall that blocks the entrance, opened the door and walked the family into Galaxy’s Edge. I was like what the heck!?! Anyone know what that’s all about? Make a wish foundation maybe? Some super VIP? I was definitely intrigued and several people around me let out a gasp and we were all like who the heck was that?
Did any of them look like Josh Gadd ? He has form for that stuff......

bclane

Did any of them look like Josh Gadd ? He has form for that stuff......
No, but there was one guy that looked like he could be an out of shape pro football player as he was huge. Didn't recognize any of them but they were walking away from me so I didn't really get the best look. Best I got was a side profile view as they walked in the door.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Why is it shocking that promo for DHS's SWL is taking place in SWL?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It's a LITTLE shocking... seems like it'd be easier to shoot it at DL which is more finished (and apparently equally unoccupied :p )

My guess is that they will place-set the family as being in DHS, then going to SWL. Can't get DHS footage in Anaheim.

Also, if they filmed in Anaheim and intimated it was Orlando's, you know the usual crew would howl at the lie of it all.

bclane

Why is it shocking that promo for DHS's SWL is taking place in SWL?
I thought it was a promo at first...but they filmed them as they went through the door of the temporary construction wall so I think it was actually some sort of VIP tour or something. I'm not sure what to make of it. It was just kind of strange since I didn't know they were letting people in yet other than to work on the land itself.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I thought it was a promo at first...but they filmed them as they went through the door of the temporary construction wall so I think it was actually some sort of VIP tour or something. I'm not sure what to make of it. It was just kind of strange since I didn't know they were letting people in yet other than to work on the land itself.

Ah, it was the filming going thru the door that was surprising. Maybe they kept rolling to pick up any dialogue.

I thought I heard it wasn't hard hat anymore, especially with CMs already riding MF.

bclane

My guess is that they will place-set the family as being in DHS, then going to SWL. Can't get DHS footage in Anaheim.

Also, if they filmed in Anaheim and intimated it was Orlando's, you know the usual crew would howl at the lie of it all.
Could be I guess. They filmed them interacting with the storm troopers standing outside the construction wall taking pictures with people (I got a great one with them I have to say) and then kept filming them as they walked up to the door and then followed them through it. If it was a promo, I just don't know why they'd film the construction barrier, but perhaps that is just above my pay grade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom