Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdiddy

Personally, I would go toward the middle of the celebration. If it's going to be only a year (although Disney years are often 15 months), the first month or two are going to be mobbed by people who can't wait for it, and the last six weeks will be with (most likely those same) people who need to experience it one last time.
We were thinking either early May 2022 or September 2022 so those dates should be ok if they have the celebrations for 15 months

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't be the only one who hopes the castle gets a new paint job for the 50th. Its been looking faded for a while now. Especially around the clock tower and those turrets.

If you mean a restorative paint job, that would be nice. If you mean some sort of change in color or decoration... that could mess up the projections.

Because of the projection shows, I don't think we'll ever see any significant change in the color scheme or patterning of the castle for a long, long time.

TTA94

From what I've heard Festival of Fantasy isn't going anywhere. The rumor is that an additional float or two will be added for the anniversary.

Have you by chance heard a update if night parade is still being considered? Or has that been axed?

Kman101

I’m still in shock that the actual park we are celebrating 50 years for is only getting one new ride ( with a height restriction ). I guess it’s good that the other parks are getting built out and maybe that is how they intend to deal with the capacity issue at MK, just drive guests to the other parks to see all the new stuff. MK is so popular because it is so well fleshed out with so much to do for the entire family. The other parks need that.

Probably because none of it is "really for the 50th" ... the timing just works out.

Kman101

Wait, what? It’s not actually a gift from Shanghai? My shocked face. 😕

I'd love to see them try and use the "gifts from other parks" angle again, lol.

I think most of know all of this is because they kind of have to, and also a lot of these are 'easy' additions because they're clones. And I have a hard time giving them credit for implementing new affects in aging rides when they could have done this years ago. I guess I'm becoming jaded again, lol. I try so hard but kind of hard not to be when they constantly disappoint. I'm also not impressed with the 'overlays' coming for Halloween and Christmas. Meh. Real overlays are Nightmare Before Christmas and where's our Country Bear Christmas? I mean, didn't Unscrupulous save it? ;)

TTA94

I agree, MK desperately needs a new nighttime parade and for that I'm ok with a mere Festival of Fantasty refresh.

But if a light parade doesn't get approved / announced anytime soon though, I fear they'll be running out of time to get it accomplished for the 50th.

If WDW is getting a brand new nighttime parade then a small update to FoF is acceptable. WDW should be getting brand new entertainment overall for the 50th, but sadly thats not realistic. I also don’t think its completely out of the question that the powers that be, being forced to send MK MSEP in 2021 or, the very sore subject and rumor, PTN. In their current forms or updated/modified. Despite those two parades negativity of coming to WDW, either would be better than nothing if they don’t green light the brand new parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom