Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie104

If WDW is getting a brand new nighttime parade then a small update to FoF is acceptable. WDW should be getting brand new entertainment overall for the 50th, but sadly thats not realistic. I also don’t think its completely out of the question that the powers that be, being forced to send MK MSEP in 2021 or, the very sore subject and rumor, PTN. In their current forms or updated/modified. Despite those two parades negativity of coming to WDW, either would be better than nothing if they don’t green light the brand new parade.
You seem very focused and concerned with WDW getting a new parade huh ???

TTA94

You seem very focused and concerned with WDW getting a new parade huh ???

Many want a nighttime parade back. Im sure I’m not the only one who thinks that would be a major 50th highlight. Yes I am a little overly focused on it lol as it’s been something very special to me and highly missed. Nights at MK have sucked ever since we lost a parade and have not been the same. Doesn’t matter how good of a nighttime firework show MK has, it never will replace a parade.

jrhwdw

Many want a nighttime parade back. Im sure I’m not the only one who thinks that would be a major 50th highlight. Yes I am a little overly focused on it lol as it’s been something very special to me and highly missed. Nights at MK have sucked ever since we lost a parade and have not been the same. Doesn’t matter how good of a nighttime firework show MK has, it never will replace a parade.
Amen!!!!! It's been 3 years of this, the MSEP announcement came in early August.

ToTBellHop

Amen!!!!! It's been 3 years of this, the MSEP announcement came in early August.

Bocabear

Peter Pan needs to be completely redone... 21st century technology, expanded longer ride, better effects and storytelling.. We have seen they can do it with Shanghai's version and the refurbishment of California. For the ride that has the consistently longest lines in the park, it really deserves to be expanded and renewed!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Peter Pan needs to be completely redone... 21st century technology, expanded longer ride, better effects and storytelling.. We have seen they can do it with Shanghai's version and the refurbishment of California. For the ride that has the consistently longest lines in the park, it really deserves to be expanded and renewed!

Are you sacrificing PhilharMagic or Harbor House or both to make that happen?

Bocabear

Are you sacrificing PhilharMagic or Harbor House or both to make that happen?
Hmm Good question!
Honestly I would move it across the Promenade, add a Tangled dark ride into the PPF space, Move Small World to a new iteration in EPCOT...which I think would be the best possible "budget be damned" solution...
Or...
Sacrifice the Silly side show meet and greet and the big store and the water play area... New show building for PPF, Giant pirate ship water play area and create a proper Neverland area Tinkerbelle meet and greet et-al.
THEN put a Tangled dark ride in the old PPF show building and it is all net gain, no loss....The Tangled Toilets area would finally make more sense, PPF would get the new expanded treatment and Small World stays where it is.

Bocabear

No. We don't need to ruin another Fantasyland dark ride with "new" technology. The charm in Peter Pan is the old school feel of the attraction.
You have not been on the Shanghai version... All the charm, plus better storyline, more settings and figures... It is really beautiful. Only thing missing was the cars not moving on the London streets which could be done.

HoldenC

You have not been on the Shanghai version... All the charm, plus better storyline, more settings and figures... It is really beautiful. Only thing missing was the cars not moving on the London streets which could be done.
I don't want another clone from yet another Disney park. I'm surprised given how much you hate everything the company does lately, you'd even entertain such an idea ;)

Bocabear

I don't want another clone from yet another Disney park. I'm surprised given how much you hate everything the company does lately, you'd even entertain such an idea ;)
Like I said, you have not seen what they did in Shanghai...
I don't hate everything...lol
And I am not at all suggesting a clone, but to use the same sort of tech and storytelling. Actually I think they should double track it like the old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... It could be a real people eater. And if you read the post I said expand the original ride, not clone Shanghai's version... Watch the Shanghai version and notice how the soundtrack actually follows you...versus our never-ending orchestrated loop... The technology to do that was not available in 1971...
None of the parks have actually done a Neverland mini-land...which would be unique to WDW... And I will say I would much rather visit a fully fleshed out Neverland than a battle torn outpost on the Galaxy's Edge... :)

HoldenC

None of the parks have actually done a Neverland mini-land...which would be unique to WDW... And I will say I would much rather visit a fully fleshed out Neverland than a battle torn outpost on the Galaxy's Edge..
Now that's a concept!

Awakening

Like I said, you have not seen what they did in Shanghai...
I don't hate everything...lol
And I am not at all suggesting a clone, but to use the same sort of tech and storytelling. Actually I think they should double track it like the old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... It could be a real people eater. And if you read the post I said expand the original ride, not clone Shanghai's version... Watch the Shanghai version and notice how the soundtrack actually follows you...versus our never-ending orchestrated loop... The technology to do that was not available in 1971...
None of the parks have actually done a Neverland mini-land...which would be unique to WDW... And I will say I would much rather visit a fully fleshed out Neverland than a battle torn outpost on the Galaxy's Edge... :)

DisneySea is getting a new Neverland area, but I'd still love this idea.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here, let me lob this out there: If Peter Pan is being re-done, then we can remove some of the more ridiculous Native American stereotypes at the same time.

BTW, when are we getting a Peter Pan live-action remake?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Here, let me lob this out there: If Peter Pan is being re-done, then we can remove some of the more ridiculous Native American stereotypes at the same time.

BTW, when are we getting a Peter Pan live-action remake?
Serious question, maybe I am just struggling with my memory. But aside from sitting around a fire, what are the Natives doing? What ridiculous stereotypes do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom