Trip Report Marriage is a DREAM!

Hi and welcome to our honeymoon TR! :joyfull: Most of you know me by now, but I'll do some quick introductions for any newcomers!

I'm Brittany and this is my husband (EEK! 😍), Dylan. We are from Pennsylvania, but moved to Florida 2 years ago for jobs, sunshine, and Disney! We are teachers in the same district.. I teach 1st grade and Dylan teaches high school (US History and AP US History), but when we first moved here Dylan worked full time at the Disney Palm & Magnolia golf courses. He still works there part time, mostly to maintain his golf and Disney CM perks. 😉 We got engaged in the Magic Kingdom just before moving to FL, and it was only fitting that our wedding be Disney themed as well. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the most perfect day ever!
65466348_2994953397211548_1884145145654280192_n.jpg

65460646_2994951367211751_6296651475909083136_n.jpg

65018650_2994953587211529_8014167640123637760_n.jpg

65167006_2994951790545042_6337784497961959424_n.jpg

65029535_2994954077211480_8590912710672121856_n.jpg

Prior to moving to FL, I always imagined that my honeymoon would be at WDW. That didn't make much sense seeing as we can go whenever we want, so we thought, "Why not a Disney cruise?" It got us away, I could get my Disney fix, and most importantly, we could RELAX! A little while after we had made that decision, we discovered that Dylan gets a discounted rate on cruises... I'm talking 50% off discounts. :oops: Disney offers these discounts to CM's in an effort to fill the staterooms that weren't booked by regular guests. We couldn't believe it, but we were thrilled! The only drawback is that to get the discounted rate, we would have to wait until the last minute to book, which meant we wouldn't know anything about our destination, length of cruise, which ship, sail dates, NADA until it was nearly time to sail. We officially booked our cruise about a month before our sail date. So where are we going?

July 7-12, 2019
Disney Dream
5-Day Cruise: Nassau, 2 stops at Castaway Cay, and a day at sea

We arrived at Port Canaveral around 1pm for our 1:45pm boarding time. There were CM's stationed at each "checkpoint" to guide us and tell us where to go next.. everybody was super friendly and helpful and it was an extremely smooth process! We were advised by friends over in the DCL forum to just park at the port since it was our first cruise and we wouldn't save that much money by parking elsewhere. The convenience of parking at the port did prove to be worth the price!

Helloooooo beautiful!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e74.jpg

We entered the terminal at got in line for check in. We had a bit of a wait, but there were a ton of CM's working at the desk and they were pretty efficient at moving guests through the line. Soon we were all checked in and sent to board the ship immediately!

We asked an older woman in front of us to take our picture here, and she seemed very annoyed by the request. She also did a poor job of actually capturing what we wanted a picture of. 🙄 I tried not to let it bother me, but I wasn't completely successful lol. I would just like to think that if I saw a young couple wearing shirts indicating that they were on their honeymoon, I would be eager to put my own needs aside for just a few moments to capture an important memory for them. It's not a huge deal, we still have the picture.. but I was still bothered.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e75.jpg

I decided to say "Hakuna Matata" and move on... we were about to go on a Disney cruise! :joyfull: We continued along and stopped for our pre-boarding picture. We decided against paying for the expensive photo package.. I feel as if this is probably frowned upon but I took pictures of all of the PhotoPass pictures on my phone. :angelic:

A quick sidebar about the cruise PhotoPass - There are large bookshelves on Deck 4 of the ship that contain folders disguised as books. You scan your Key to the World card and it tells you what color, character, and number your photos can be found in and then you locate that "book" on the shelf. For example, ours was yellow Donald Duck 16. Inside the books, you'll find printed copies of all of the PP pictures you've had taken in varying sizes. We were a little confused about this for a few reasons. Isn't it a waste of money to print pictures for people that didn't purchase the package? And how do they prevent people who didn't purchase the pictures from taking them anyway? These are the questions that haunt me! Lol.

Another thing about cruise PP - the CM's will not take pictures on your phone. We asked at Castaway and she said that she's not allowed, so we had to have another guest take it for us. I thought that this was super odd considering the PP photographers at WDW are able to take pictures on phones? The character attendants were able to take pictures at meet and greets, but the photographers would not.
mw6xpAJXT6+eY6G3bjYEDA_thumb_6f96.jpg

Anyway, moving on! We walked onto the ship and were announced as the Reinsel family. 🥰 I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that! We stepped into the atrium and though it was stunning, I was surprised at how small it was! I pictured it being much more grand, but it was beautiful all the same!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e76.jpg

We stopped to say hello to Donald before continuing on to explore the rest of the ship!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e78.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Monday, June 8

After dinner, we decided to go to Evolution (one of the adult lounges) for some evening entertainment. We were walking down the hallway toward the entrance and I noticed a CM walk out of a door next to the Evolution door. Out of habit, I glanced at his name tag and suddenly I was starstruck.

"Omg. You're Tony from Spain."
*Looks at his name tag* "Yes, I am!"

I had heard so much about Tony from @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.. other friends over on the DCL boards had told me to make sure we were involved in anything that Tony was doing. And now here we were! :joyfull: We stood and chatted with him for a few minutes and I told him that I had heard so much about him from friends that cruise frequently. He asked to see a picture of Mr. & Mrs. @lostpro9het to see if he recognized them, but I came unprepared. 😂 Either way, he said to tell both of you that he says hi and that he knows you too.. lol. We started to head inside Evolution and he told us that he hoped he would live up to our expectations. Spoiler alert... he did. ;)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ef7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ef9.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ef8.jpg

The first game for the evening was Majority Rules. Tony would ask a question and then each team had to write down an answer on their pad of paper. He would then tally up the answers and whichever answer was written the most won.. meaning teams that had written the the most common answer earned a point. Some of his questions:

1. What is the most annoying song?
2. What is the best movie ever created?
3. Where is the best place to honeymoon? - We of course wrote the Dream, and he questioned who had written it and whether we were on our honeymoon currently. This will come into play soon. ;)

Tony also introduced us to the newest member of his chicken family - Texas Chicken (he's the blue thing laying on the table). I learned from his Instagram after the cruise that he does indeed have a family of rubber chickens that he brings to his shows. :hilarious:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6efb.jpg

After Majority Rules, Tony started explaining the rules for the next game - Match Your Mate. Three couples would be brought onstage and asked questions about each other, their relationship, etc. If your answers matched, you earned a point. Remember when I mentioned him learning that we were on our honeymoon? We were soon standing onstage with Tony, being introduced as Couple #1. :hilarious::joyfull: There was a really obnoxious girl that was literally yelling across the room at him, trying to get him to pick her to go onstage instead. She told him that she had gotten married on the boat 3 weeks ago and he told her that he didn't believe her. :hilarious: Either way, he said that we had only been married for 2 weeks, so we won regardless of whether or not she got married on a Disney ship.

Couple #3 was the couple in the room that had been married the longest - they had been married for 44 years and were so sweet and funny! For Couple #2, Tony invited any other couple interested in participating to come up to the dance floor. They had a dance off to claim the spot, and the couple who the audience cheered for the most would be the winner. It ended up being a couple who had been together for around 10 years or so, and we really enjoyed them, too!

To start the show, the guys from each couple were taken next door to Skyline where they were given a free drink from the bar to enjoy while they waited. The girls stayed onstage and had to answer the questions first.
1. Where was your first date?
2. What is your husband's most annoying quality?
3. Which Disney song best describes your sex life... A Whole New World, it's a small world, or I'm Almost There. :hilarious:

The guys came back in when we had all given our answers and were asked the same questions. Dylan and I's answers matched on #1 and #3. The answer he gave for #2 is also something that annoys me, but I had said something different lol.

The girls were then taken to Skyline for our free drink while the guys were asked the next set of questions.
1. If you were on the show Survivor and had to vote one person from your wife's family off of the island, who would it be?
2. What was the first thing your wife noticed about you when you first met?
3. Where is the most memorable place that you've "made magic." 🙃

We had a little more trouble this round, but we had the audience rolling with laughter with some of our responses, so I guess I take pride in that. :hilarious: We gave the exact same answer for #1, word for word lol. For #2, Dylan said that he hadn't really understood the question and knew that the answer he gave was dumb and that I wouldn't get it. We've known each other since we were 15, but the first in person encounter that we had was in the sub shop where he worked during college. He said that the first thing I noticed was the sandwich he was making me [:rolleyes:😂], which caused Tony to rename him "Sandwich Guy." People called him that for the rest of the week anytime they saw him on the ship. :hilarious: When Tony asked me the question, he was more specific and asked what physical feature I noticed on him first, so I get why Dylan had been confused, but he was right, his answer was dumb either way. 😋 I won't share our answer to #3 ;) (we didn't match on this one either), but I have to share about the couple who has been together 44 years. They both said "our balcony at the Grand Californian."

😂😂😂 The audience went wild, us included. They tallied up our points and we came in 2nd place, earning us a drawstring DVC bag, a free 8x10 of any photopass picture from the week, and DCL stickers to put on a laptop or something to that effect. Couple #3 won, so they got all of those things as well as a bottle of wine. We had an absolute blast playing and Tony was a riot throughout the game! We felt like celebrities for the rest of the cruise because so many people recognized us and would stop and talk to us lol.

We headed out of Evolution and stopped by the atrium before going back to our room. It was so quiet and empty!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6efc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6efd.jpg

The main elevator in the atrium has glass walls so you can see out.. it also has some adorable pictures on the walls as you get into the higher decks! 😍
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6efe.jpg

We arrived back to our room and went to bed to rest up for another day of fun!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

I had heard so much about Tony from @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.. other friends over on the DCL boards had told me to make sure we were involved in anything that Tony was doing. And now here we were! :joyfull: We stood and chatted with him for a few minutes and I told him that I had heard so much about him from friends that cruise frequently. He asked to see a picture of Mr. & Mrs. @lostpro9het to see if he recognized them, but I
Yeah, @lostpro9het, is not something he'd know me by. Its more likely he'd know me as his brother from Massachusetts or that fool who wont stop taking awkward selfies with him...
IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

Matt and Kelly

That game would be hilarious to watch! Matt and I have been together since we were 15 and I’m trying to answer those questions in my head. I don’t think we would match anything up lol. Even our first date, I’m sure was a movie that our parents had to drive us too. But who knows.
Taking a cruise is on my bucket list but Matt is scared of open water 😰

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yeah, @lostpro9het, is not something he'd know me by. Its more likely he'd know me as his brother from Massachusetts or that fool who wont stop taking awkward selfies with him...
View attachment 393360
View attachment 393361
View attachment 393362
View attachment 393363
View attachment 393364

This is incredible. 😂 I can’t wait to add to my photo collection someday!

That game would be hilarious to watch! Matt and I have been together since we were 15 and I’m trying to answer those questions in my head. I don’t think we would match anything up lol. Even our first date, I’m sure was a movie that our parents had to drive us too. But who knows.

Oh man, you have to keep working on him! Just tell him he gets unlimited Disney soap and that should be enough to entice him. 😉

Our relationship makes it kind of hard to play games like that because we’ve basically always known each other even though we didn’t get together until adulthood. And we briefly entertained the idea of dating when we were in high school so it’s always a back and forth about when we consider our relationship to have actually began. 😂

So glad you had a great experience with #tonyfromspain! He's so much fun! We have our fingers crossed he will be on our Bermuda cruise. He dropped some hints that he would be on the Magic in the fall.

Yes! He said he’ll be on the Magic starting in either September or October so you should be in luck. Make sure you tell him hi from Couple #1 for us! 😋

Matt and Kelly

Pffft...I’m not scared! Just uncomfortable haha.

Though I did read something about unlimited soap/shampoo. This does tilt the scales a bit.

dizfan917

I'm with you, Matt. I don't swim, so the thought of being surrounded by all that water (and seeing all those creepy videos on YouTube of furniture and pianos flying across the room on cruise ships in bad weather) doesn't really excite me. The food, however... does.

What to do... what to do?! :geek:

Matt and Kelly

I'm with you, Matt. I don't swim, so the thought of being surrounded by all that water (and seeing all those creepy videos on YouTube of furniture and pianos flying across the room on cruise ships in bad weather) doesn't really excite me. The food, however... does.

What to do... what to do?! :geek:

Haha my thoughts exactly. The food does look amazing, and so do the ships themselves, but all that water is the big deterrent for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom