Trip Report Marriage is a DREAM!

Hi and welcome to our honeymoon TR! :joyfull: Most of you know me by now, but I'll do some quick introductions for any newcomers!

I'm Brittany and this is my husband (EEK! 😍), Dylan. We are from Pennsylvania, but moved to Florida 2 years ago for jobs, sunshine, and Disney! We are teachers in the same district.. I teach 1st grade and Dylan teaches high school (US History and AP US History), but when we first moved here Dylan worked full time at the Disney Palm & Magnolia golf courses. He still works there part time, mostly to maintain his golf and Disney CM perks. 😉 We got engaged in the Magic Kingdom just before moving to FL, and it was only fitting that our wedding be Disney themed as well. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the most perfect day ever!
65466348_2994953397211548_1884145145654280192_n.jpg

65460646_2994951367211751_6296651475909083136_n.jpg

65018650_2994953587211529_8014167640123637760_n.jpg

65167006_2994951790545042_6337784497961959424_n.jpg

65029535_2994954077211480_8590912710672121856_n.jpg

Prior to moving to FL, I always imagined that my honeymoon would be at WDW. That didn't make much sense seeing as we can go whenever we want, so we thought, "Why not a Disney cruise?" It got us away, I could get my Disney fix, and most importantly, we could RELAX! A little while after we had made that decision, we discovered that Dylan gets a discounted rate on cruises... I'm talking 50% off discounts. :oops: Disney offers these discounts to CM's in an effort to fill the staterooms that weren't booked by regular guests. We couldn't believe it, but we were thrilled! The only drawback is that to get the discounted rate, we would have to wait until the last minute to book, which meant we wouldn't know anything about our destination, length of cruise, which ship, sail dates, NADA until it was nearly time to sail. We officially booked our cruise about a month before our sail date. So where are we going?

July 7-12, 2019
Disney Dream
5-Day Cruise: Nassau, 2 stops at Castaway Cay, and a day at sea

We arrived at Port Canaveral around 1pm for our 1:45pm boarding time. There were CM's stationed at each "checkpoint" to guide us and tell us where to go next.. everybody was super friendly and helpful and it was an extremely smooth process! We were advised by friends over in the DCL forum to just park at the port since it was our first cruise and we wouldn't save that much money by parking elsewhere. The convenience of parking at the port did prove to be worth the price!

Helloooooo beautiful!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e74.jpg

We entered the terminal at got in line for check in. We had a bit of a wait, but there were a ton of CM's working at the desk and they were pretty efficient at moving guests through the line. Soon we were all checked in and sent to board the ship immediately!

We asked an older woman in front of us to take our picture here, and she seemed very annoyed by the request. She also did a poor job of actually capturing what we wanted a picture of. 🙄 I tried not to let it bother me, but I wasn't completely successful lol. I would just like to think that if I saw a young couple wearing shirts indicating that they were on their honeymoon, I would be eager to put my own needs aside for just a few moments to capture an important memory for them. It's not a huge deal, we still have the picture.. but I was still bothered.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e75.jpg

I decided to say "Hakuna Matata" and move on... we were about to go on a Disney cruise! :joyfull: We continued along and stopped for our pre-boarding picture. We decided against paying for the expensive photo package.. I feel as if this is probably frowned upon but I took pictures of all of the PhotoPass pictures on my phone. :angelic:

A quick sidebar about the cruise PhotoPass - There are large bookshelves on Deck 4 of the ship that contain folders disguised as books. You scan your Key to the World card and it tells you what color, character, and number your photos can be found in and then you locate that "book" on the shelf. For example, ours was yellow Donald Duck 16. Inside the books, you'll find printed copies of all of the PP pictures you've had taken in varying sizes. We were a little confused about this for a few reasons. Isn't it a waste of money to print pictures for people that didn't purchase the package? And how do they prevent people who didn't purchase the pictures from taking them anyway? These are the questions that haunt me! Lol.

Another thing about cruise PP - the CM's will not take pictures on your phone. We asked at Castaway and she said that she's not allowed, so we had to have another guest take it for us. I thought that this was super odd considering the PP photographers at WDW are able to take pictures on phones? The character attendants were able to take pictures at meet and greets, but the photographers would not.
mw6xpAJXT6+eY6G3bjYEDA_thumb_6f96.jpg

Anyway, moving on! We walked onto the ship and were announced as the Reinsel family. 🥰 I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that! We stepped into the atrium and though it was stunning, I was surprised at how small it was! I pictured it being much more grand, but it was beautiful all the same!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e76.jpg

We stopped to say hello to Donald before continuing on to explore the rest of the ship!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6e78.jpg

pezgirlroy

Congratulations and this was a great report. We loved #TonyfromSpain and really hoping he is on our Fantasy cruise in April but I think he will be on the Magic. I am surprised by the response from the CM about taking pictures. In two cruises, we have not had this issue and they have always been willing. Wonder if this has been a change.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congratulations and this was a great report. We loved #TonyfromSpain and really hoping he is on our Fantasy cruise in April but I think he will be on the Magic. I am surprised by the response from the CM about taking pictures. In two cruises, we have not had this issue and they have always been willing. Wonder if this has been a change.

I thought it was super odd but didn’t press the issue. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I looked for you all last week... but didn't see you =D

Ugh, sorry! I’ve been totally MIA here. Beginning of the school year still has me like 🤪 you’d think that being in year 3 things would calm down a bit but I’m still waiting. 🙃

JacobMorrisonL

Nice wedding pictures. My girlfriend and I are engaged now, and we will have our wedding in a few months. She also wants to have a Disney themed wedding, and probably I have no other options left, except for signing up for that.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 11

We slept in a bit this morning, because it was our day at sea and we didn't have much on the agenda. We relaxed in the room for the morning until we got hungry, and then grabbed some lunch from Flo's. We took our food to the adult only area to eat.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f89.jpg

We grabbed some coffee from Cove Cafe and took it to the movie theater, where we watched Toy Story 4. This was obviously a few years ago at the time I'm writing it, but this was the week that the movie came out, so we were excited to get to see it (and not have to pay for it. 😂) Apparently I enjoyed my iced salted caramel coconut latte more than the movie, because in my notes all I wrote was "loved it, but story line was kind of shallow). Lol. I do enjoy the movie, but I remember having a feeling of "that's it?"

At some point we passed by this show in the atrium, but I didn't take any notes about it. Tony providing the entertainment!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f8b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f8c.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f8d.jpg

We stopped by Shutters to look at our PhotoPass pictures from the seek so we could decide which one we wanted to use our free print voucher on. Then we headed back to the room to get changed for the pool. Before claiming chairs, we took a ride on Aquaduck, which did not disappoint!

We found some chairs, grabbed some drinks, and chilled on the deck near Satellite Falls for a couple of hours.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f9a.jpg

*sigh* Absolute bliss!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f98.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f9b.jpg

We eventually drug ourselves away from our relaxation to go and get ready for the evening activities. We ordered room service again to hold us over until dinner. We got grilled cheese and tomato soup again, as well as some mac and cheese.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f9c.jpg

I was super excited for tonight's show - Beauty and the Beast! 😍 We got to the theater and the bartender from Evolution was there and recognized us... and brought us our "regular." It's such a small thing, but it made us feel so special and important!

As for the show... I cannot say enough good things about it. You just have to see it in person to understand. It was phenomenal! The highlight was in Gaston when he spits and you hear the little "ding" of it going into the pot, LeFou "caught it" in the pot over my head and then "dumped" it on me. 😂
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f9d.jpg

After the show ended, we had some time yet before it was time for dinner. Dylan decided to go hangout in the room while I visited some characters.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 11 cont.

After the show ended, we had some time yet before it was time for dinner. Dylan decided to go hangout in the room while I visited some characters. I waited about 20 minutes to meet Pluto.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6f9f.jpg

I asked him if he's a good boy and if he doggy paddled in the pool today. He pretended to swim and said it felt great to cool off! 😎
tGqGFnHmS+WV4uhA5eFVJA_thumb_6fa1.jpg

I hopped in line for Minnie next and waited about 20 minutes again. There was a girl about my age in line ahead of me and when it was her turn, she literally just sobbed and kept hugging Minnie. Poor Minnie had no idea what to do. 😂 It was a really awkward encounter. Then it was my turn! I told her that I loved her outfit and that she looked fabulous!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fa3.jpg

I asked if she got any time today to take a minute and relax by the pool, and she said she had. I said that it's important for us girls to find time to relax to keep those stress lines away... too much work is bad for us, which she agreed with. 😉
RTVCDj4TQYy6MtcdXGrf6A_thumb_6fa8.jpg

I finished up with Minnie and headed up to our room to get Dylan. It was great not having phones for a lot of reasons, but this sort of thing would have been easier with a quick text. 😉 Our room had already been cleaned, and we had a new towel animal waiting for us.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fae.jpg

It was time for our final dinner at Royal Palace!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 11 cont.

I didn't write down our dinner selections, so I'm going to do my best on this one. :joyfull: The "see ya real soon" at the top is so sad.:(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6faf.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb0.jpg

Dylan had the Sesame Crusted Tuna Sashimi with Wakame Salad, Pickled Ginger, Wasabi, and Soy Sauce.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb1.jpg

I had the Porcini Sacchetti - Pasta filled with Porcini Mushrooms, Swiss and Fontina Cheese with Garlic, Thyme, and a Prosecco Wine Sauce. This looks delightful, so I assume that I enjoyed it, but I can't say for sure. 😂
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb2.jpg

I also had the White Cheddar and Broccolini Soup.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb3.jpg

For his main dish, Dylan had the Roasted Filet of Beef Wellington covered with Mushroom Stuffing wrapped in Puff Pastry served with Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Vegetables, and a Cabernet Black Truffle Jus.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb5.jpg

I had the Chicken Schnitzel - Breaded Chicken Breast fried in Butter, served with Roasted Bacon Potatoes and Buttered Green Beans.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb4.jpg

Next up, the cutest little dessert menu!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb6.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb7.jpg

We definitely had the Chocolate Decadence, but I can't tell what the other one is. Maybe the Celebration Cake or the Amaretto Cheesecake?
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb8.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, July 11 cont.

We grabbed a couple of pictures of our fantastic servers, Jude and Marta, before heading to Evolution for our last night of fun!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fb9.jpg

They were so good to us over the course of the week and they truly delivered the top-notch level of service that Disney is known for. We couldn't have asked for a better team!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fbb.jpg

We headed to Evolution where Tony led some sort of game and there was also a comedian performance.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fbe.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc3.jpg

This was the game where everybody puts on headphones and listens to a song, but not everybody in the room is listening to the same song. I can't remember the name of it, but it was hilarious. But the more hilarious part is taking your headphones off and watching everybody in the room dancing around in complete silence. 😂
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc4.jpg

I wrote down "Patric from Indonesia," which was the bartender at Evolution who always recognized us and brought us our usual. I didn't write anything else, so I'm assuming I just wanted to remember his name because he was so good to us all week!

We spent a little bit more time at Evolution before heading back to the room to get some sleep. We had to be up early in the morning to disembark. 😭 We did have a surprise waiting for us when we got back, which made things just a little less sad!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc5.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Friday, July 12

Morning came far too soon, and we finished packing up our things before heading downstairs to settle our tab and eat breakfast. I loved this beautiful display behind the desk. 😍
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc6.jpg

I didn't take any other pictures at breakfast, so I'm not sure what we had. It was a sad meal! Lol.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc7.jpg

There were so many beautiful pieces of art at Royal Palace! We bid Jude and Marta a final farewell and thanked them for all they had done throughout the week.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc8.jpg

One last atrium picture.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fc9.jpg

And then we said goodbye to the Disney Dream and headed ashore. 😭 It was so, so sad. Truly.😂 I don't remember much about the disembarkation process, so I assume it was smooth. We collected our bags and drove to pick Tink up from my friend's house before heading home. Being without her was the only bad part of our cruise!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fcb.jpg

All of the treasures that came home with me. :joyfull:
lFRUFTK7T%K9EZzSzsUoLw_thumb_6fcd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fce.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fd0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6fcf.jpg

Our cruise was absolutely perfect. Fantastic. Incredible. All of the positive words. 😍 I cannot WAIT to cruise again someday. Even Dylan frequently talks about taking another cruise, so hopefully sooner rather than later we'll be setting sail again. What a perfect way to celebrate becoming Mr. and Mrs.❤️

It took me far too long to finish writing this report, so for those of you that stuck with me, thank you! Lol. I'm so glad that you followed along with our honeymoon adventure! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom