News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

trainplane3

IG station looks nice at night
3omGUAQ.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
By looking at the latest pictures of gondolas stations, restrooms, tests, CM's training and even emergency exercises, it's hard to believe that they won't be ready and running until Sept. 29.

For those who have technical/logistical knowledge:
What else is there to do, besides testing with actual passengers?
Why 2 months 'till opening day?

Thanks!

pdude81

By looking at the latest pictures of gondolas stations, restrooms, tests, CM's training and even emergency exercises, it's hard to believe that they won't be ready and running until Sept. 29.

For those who have technical/logistical knowledge:
What else is there to do, besides testing with actual passengers?
Why 2 months 'till opening day?

Thanks!

No inside information here, but I think it would be problematic to send thousands of extra people into Epcot through the IG before they finish the new bag check and entry area. Some have said that the other two lines are planned to launch by the end of August, with the "official" opening on 9/29 for all 3 lines

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
No inside information here, but I think it would be problematic to send thousands of extra people into Epcot through the IG before they finish the new bag check and entry area. Some have said that the other two lines are planned to launch by the end of August, with the "official" opening on 9/29 for all 3 lines
Thanks!
I was under the impression that the whole project was going full speed, and at times, seemed like it was going to be ready well before schedule.
Just wondering if something has slowed things a bit (?)

trainplane3

This is an impressively sharp high-res photo. You can zoom in and clearly see the high-velocity fans, control room window, and queue area with no loss of detail. Best shot yet of Epcot station!
There's also a yellow gondola creeping back there too! I didn't see that till I got back to my room. I'm sure someone with a real camera can out do it with ease though.

The phone was a Pixel 3 XL. Great at photos, miserable at 4k video. I kind of wish I had something better at video for a upcoming thing this week (not Skyliner related).

esskay

Still hoping for a soft opening at the end of August. As others have said it really does look like there's very little left, certainly not enough to need to delay until the end of Sept. If the Epcot bag check is the issue then perhaps we will see opening of the Pop/AA > HWS section first.

tfc3rid

I'm sure this has been discussed prior but how long do we imagine the wait times for these are going to be?

I would assume that the longest wait times would be at DHS and EPCOT Center, considering you have guests from multiple resorts there but realistically, given the continuous operation, how long do we anticipate the lines? 15 minutes? 30 minutes?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure this has been discussed prior but how long do we imagine the wait times for these are going to be?

I would assume that the longest wait times would be at DHS and EPCOT Center, considering you have guests from multiple resorts there but realistically, given the continuous operation, how long do we anticipate the lines? 15 minutes? 30 minutes?

I doubt you will see waits that long. I think the only time there will be significant lines is at the end of the day at the parks.

Incomudro

From a hotel to a park, I'd imagine no wait at all.
There's only a wait for buses because well... you need to wait for them to arrive.
Being people don't leave their hotels in one rush, the gondola's should be a walk on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom