Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

Songbird76

That’s like our Lennon. My dad was born in England and was the biggest Beatles fan. He even has life size cardboard cutouts of them. When he passed away, we knew right away that a great way to honour him was to name her after his favourite band. Although she thinks it’s a boy names and prefers to be called Lenny, I’m sure she will appreciate it when she’s older.
Kelly.
Awww, I think Lennon is adorable for a girl! My best friend named her oldest daughter Jaramie. I don't think the daughter is particularly happy with her "boy name" either...or wasn't when she was younger. Is Ella named after someone in particular? I'm a big fan of Jazz music, and we wanted to name our oldest Elisabeth, but my husband can't stand the name "Beth" (it's very old fashioned here, like naming your kid Mildred) and I didn't want "Lizzy" because it is too easy for kids to make fun of. So we settled on Ella, like Ella Fitzgerald.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

susan lees

FRIDAY, JUNE 21ST

We went back to Rose & Crown to meet back up with the group & refresh our beverages. The girls just got back & were excited with their tattoos. They were tired & hot though. They said they walked around the whole WS & were beat from the heat.
View attachment 389480

View attachment 389481

Having fun in the a/c!!
View attachment 389479

R & I got another drink. I had the Half & Half.
View attachment 389482

R got the Leaping Leprechaun.
View attachment 389488

While we were getting our drinks I asked the bartender if Jack from Glasgow(@susan lees son) was working that day. She told me that she only knew what bartenders were working & if I was inquiring about a waiter that I would need to go outside to where you check in for the restaurant. So, outside I went. I asked & the first CM seemed kind of hesitant & said she wasn't sure. The other CM said that he was on a break right then. I asked if I could come back in a little bit. I told them I wasn't there to take up a lot of his time. I just wanted to say hello.
View attachment 389483

View attachment 389484

J's still sporting his new hat!!
View attachment 389485

About a half hour/45 minutes later I went back & inquired again. At this point I got the feeling that they thought I was a full blown stalker. They told me he was still on a break.:cautious: Jokingly I said, "Wow. How long do you get for breaks around here?" They didn't really answer me. I think I was making them a bit nervous so I thanked them for their time & off I went. While we were in the bar I kept looking at the waiter's name tags when they would come near us to see if I could find him but no such luck. I was disappointed. @susan lees I was really hoping to meet him!! Please pass along my apologies if the CM's told him that some random lady was looking for him, not once but twice. I could see where he would be creeped out!!
View attachment 389486

One last photo for the road!!
View attachment 389487
Aww thank you so much for inquiring about him @riverside. I have told him people might be asking after him. He might have been working in the fish and chip qs that day. He is living the dream over there and I can't wait to see him in November💕

LeighM

I learned my lesson about those Friendship Boats a few years ago and I swore that I would never, ever get on one of those things again when it was so hot!!! It was hotter inside the boat with no air movement than it would've been walking on the concrete path LOL.

Minnesota disney fan

Thank you!! He is a trip!!
Here's a funny one. The other day E was at my house. I gave J & M(another niece) popsicles. When they were done I wiped their hands with Wet Ones. I keep a jar with candy in the refrigerator for the kids. J & M spied the candy jar but I knew E wouldn't let him have any since he just had a popsicle. E went to go outside & J says to her, "Here, let me get the door for you." He hurries her out & closes the door then turns to me & loudly says, "Good, she's outside & I closed the door. Can I get a piece of candy?" He said it so loud that she probably heard him!! As he's going to take a bite E walks in the door. He puts his hands behind his back & keeps moving around the kitchen so she can't see behind his back. She went back outside & he says--loudly again, "Wow, that was close." He eats the Kit Kat & his hands are completely covered in chocolate from holding it What does he do? He goes outside & tells E he needs another Wet One. Really J?? Now he's going to get me in trouble!! E's asking him how his hands got dirty when he just had them wiped. I intervened & told her I'd take care of it.😰

That's so funny. I have always been the grandma who gives treats when I'm not supposed to!!!! I feel we can spoil them and send them home:)

riverside

Original Poster
I would’ve looked at her like she had 10 heads too. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve sent something back to the resort after 7pm. The only exclusion that I know of is that you can’t have anything sent to your resort if it’s the day before you checkout. Maybe she was new?
That's what I was thinking. This was Friday & we weren't leaving until Tuesday so that wouldn't have been the issue--come to think of it, she didn't even ask me how long we were going to be there for. I'm thinking she was new also. I guess I could have pushed the issue but B was ok with taking it with us so I didn't.
Haha, the Kylo Ren greeting can be intimidating for sure! My last time meeting him I had quite a few adult beverages before going in there. I wish it was being filmed because we had quite a bit of fun banter with him! Probably the only way I’ll do that greet now!
That's the way to do it!! I've had some meet & greets with him that weren't that bad but they have been when J was with us so maybe he tones down when there are little ones there? With an older crowd is is definitely a different experience!!
It may have something to do with parties and after hours events. A few years ago we went to MK for a Halloween party and sent some Pandora stuff back to the resort. They next evening I went to pick it up and it wasn't there. It was an issue because we were leaving early the next morning. There was a runner available that was able to get it to us so crisis averted. The explanation I was given was that purchases made during the various parties don't arrive the following day. Maybe they were confused, or didn't explain clearly? Or, maybe I was given a line to cover for our package not being delivered.
Whatever the reason is I would be fine with it(hey, it's their rules after all)as long as it is explained to me clearly. I'm thinking what @Captain Barbossa said might be right--she could have been new. Then again, I could see them trying to cover for your package not being delivered. Unfortunately, I'll be the first to admit I've had to cover at my job(usually having to cover for others mistakes with customers) many times over the years in different instances.
I am not quite sure where B fits in....whose kid is she? And there are 2 Es, correct? Your sister, and is the other one C's daughter? And is she A's older sister? Because they look so much alike!!
Confusing, I know. B is my sister M's youngest daughter(H--she's been in a few TR's is her older one). There are two E's-my sister & my niece. E(niece) is C's daughter. Yes, she is A's older sister. See--you got this!!:D
Maybe B only needs the butter and syrup if they are plain pancakes, but not if they are chocolate chip? I have that with certain foods, where I only like a certain food in a particular way.
And I feel for you as the personal alarm clock. My husband doesn't necessarily do that, but I'm the "default parent" if you know what I mean? Like...I'm always the one to wake the kids up for school, even if I don't have to be up and DH already is, or he gets up at the same time they need to be up. Or like, DD had camp this past week and I went out and bought an inflatable sleeping mat and a pump, and a sleeping bag and....well, everything she needed. We are getting her stuff set up and we can't get the sleeping mat to inflate. Afterwards, I was cleaning up the packaging and saw there were instructions, and DH says "It would have been handy if you'd read those before!" What, I'm the only person who can read instructions so it's MY fault they didn't get read? :rolleyes: Did you tell R to set an alarm clock the next day?
Not sure--I think as a whole her eyes are bigger than her stomach. She'll order something & eat next to none of it. She plays with her food a lot to make it look like she's eating but in the end she's not. I just watched her the other day throwing out practically her whole dinner plate after playing with it forever & thinking nobody noticed what she was doing!!

Welcome to my world---everything is always my fault. That's true even for work. I've been in Disney & my boss calls me complaining about something & my response is, "And this is my fault how??":banghead:
He still relied on me every morning:arghh:
I must be weird, because it actually makes more sense to me now, rather than confusing me. But then, I have friends who are sisters from Mexico, married to brothers from the Netherlands. And my friend from Sri Lanka is married to a Dutchman, and her MIL passed away about a decade ago, and then her mom came to visit and ended up now being married to the FIL. So her mom married her husband's dad. So I guess I'm used to complicated relationships! 😄
Wow--those are a bit complicated!! Esp. b/c you're throwing all these different countries in the mix!!
Aww thank you so much for inquiring about him @riverside. I have told him people might be asking after him. He might have been working in the fish and chip qs that day. He is living the dream over there and I can't wait to see him in November💕
Darn--I should have thought to check there!! Definitely next time!! Glad he's enjoying it!! BTW--when in November? I think you may have said awhile back but my memory isn't the greatest!!
I learned my lesson about those Friendship Boats a few years ago and I swore that I would never, ever get on one of those things again when it was so hot!!! It was hotter inside the boat with no air movement than it would've been walking on the concrete path LOL.
I agree with you 110%!! With the stops I think walking might have been a bit quicker but.....R!!
That's so funny. I have always been the grandma who gives treats when I'm not supposed to!!!! I feel we can spoil them and send them home:)
My mom always did the same & now that she's gone I feel like someone has to fill in for her!!;)
Judge?! Oh, I'll get a little judgey here... After the last hour or so you had, ya should have just have them leave ya the bottle! Plus by my reckoning, you were shorted a glass earlier in your trip at POR.
:p
I like the way you think!! 2 problems though--1. The table areas at Sci-Fi aren't that big. I would have knocked it over for sure!! 2. That may have set a bad example for the kids. I could imagine what would have been going through their heads, "Aunt Patti drank a whole bottle of wine with her dinner!!":hilarious:

riverside

Original Poster
@Songbird76 this is for you & anyone else out there that is still trying to put this family tree together!!

I figured we'll start this out slowly & pick up speed as we go along!!

This is my brothers & sisters & I in order oldest to youngest:
Myself, F, M, C, B, E, Ch, & D We also have a brother T who age-wise is between Ch & D but he passed away at 8 months from SIDS😇
The only ones you have not met are M, Ch & D.
IMG_1192.JPG

I feel the need to explain the shirts. Awhile back E bought this shirt that said "Mom's Favorite". She claimed our mom bought it for her:rolleyes:We all new better but she thought it was funny so whatever. Our mom passed away on Easter this year(cancer s****) A month later R & I were at Wahlburger's for dinner. I see the shirts hanging there with other merchandise. That's where she got it from!! R told me I should buy one & the next time she's wearing it I should put mine on & tell her she's not all that special b/c mom bought me one too!! I told R it would be funny but I was too cheap to spend $25 on a shirt just for a joke....

A few weeks later it's our grandma's 93rd birthday party at my house. E shows up early to help & what is she wearing?? I was going to show her a thing or two. I went from being the person who was too cheap to buy one shirt to the person who was now going to buy 7!! I claimed I had an issue at work that I had to attend to for a bit. I had Ch text everyone to get their sizes while I drove to Wahlburgers. They didn't have all the sizes that we needed but it really didn't matter. It was all about teasing her. When I got back I rounded up the rest of my siblings & we all changed into the shirts & came walking out of the woods together. So E, who's the favorite??:hilarious:

Back to the family tree(I wish everyone was a little more organized in this pic--it would make things easier)
I'm going to start from the far left & work my way across. I'll point out my sibling then who their spouse/kids are.
IMG_1173.jpeg

F, his wife B(she's in the gray shirt) & their sons Z & C(standing in front of F)
D(with the beard) this will be the first & last time you ever see him. He absolutely hates Disney!!:devilish::jawdrop:
M, her boyfriend T(he's standing to her right), & her daughters H(red sweatshirt) & B(in the black & pink outfit)
B(glasses), her husband D(back row with hat & sunglasses on), their son J(blue soccer outfit) & their daughter M(red plaid shirt)
Our dad is in the plaid shirt
Ch, her husband D is standing to her right & their daughter M(pinkish-striped outfit in the front)
C, Her husband D is standing behind her, their daughters E(blue soccer outfit) & A(blue striped dress)
Myself & R
E, her husband J is standing behind her & J-son. I'm sure I don't need to point out who he is!!

Only one is missing--D's daughter H. She is in the Air Force. & by D I mean C's husband!!

Got it now??;)

Now, to learn the rest of the family!!(& there's probably about 30 people missing from this photo)
IMG_1188.jpeg

JK--I wouldn't do that to you!! Our family is HUGE--I sometimes get confused as to who's who!!

BTW--E had to have the last laugh!!
IMG_1193.JPG

On Father's Day she wore her Mom's Favorite shirt again. This time she had a piece of paper pinned over the "mom part" & it said dad. She's a funny one.....

Last edited:

susan lees

That's what I was thinking. This was Friday & we weren't leaving until Tuesday so that wouldn't have been the issue--come to think of it, she didn't even ask me how long we were going to be there for. I'm thinking she was new also. I guess I could have pushed the issue but B was ok with taking it with us so I didn't.

That's the way to do it!! I've had some meet & greets with him that weren't that bad but they have been when J was with us so maybe he tones down when there are little ones there? With an older crowd is is definitely a different experience!!

Whatever the reason is I would be fine with it(hey, it's their rules after all)as long as it is explained to me clearly. I'm thinking what @Captain Barbossa said might be right--she could have been new. Then again, I could see them trying to cover for your package not being delivered. Unfortunately, I'll be the first to admit I've had to cover at my job(usually having to cover for others mistakes with customers) many times over the years in different instances.

Confusing, I know. B is my sister M's youngest daughter(H--she's been in a few TR's is her older one). There are two E's-my sister & my niece. E(niece) is C's daughter. Yes, she is A's older sister. See--you got this!!:D

Not sure--I think as a whole her eyes are bigger than her stomach. She'll order something & eat next to none of it. She plays with her food a lot to make it look like she's eating but in the end she's not. I just watched her the other day throwing out practically her whole dinner plate after playing with it forever & thinking nobody noticed what she was doing!!

Welcome to my world---everything is always my fault. That's true even for work. I've been in Disney & my boss calls me complaining about something & my response is, "And this is my fault how??":banghead:
He still relied on me every morning:arghh:

Wow--those are a bit complicated!! Esp. b/c you're throwing all these different countries in the mix!!

Darn--I should have thought to check there!! Definitely next time!! Glad he's enjoying it!! BTW--when in November? I think you may have said awhile back but my memory isn't the greatest!!

I agree with you 110%!! With the stops I think walking might have been a bit quicker but.....R!!

My mom always did the same & now that she's gone I feel like someone has to fill in for her!!;)

I like the way you think!! 2 problems though--1. The table areas at Sci-Fi aren't that big. I would have knocked it over for sure!! 2. That may have set a bad example for the kids. I could imagine what would have been going through their heads, "Aunt Patti drank a whole bottle of wine with her dinner!!":hilarious:
We are over from 4th November for 8 nights. We're only doing AK with ROL dessert party and epcot for food and wine. Staying off site this trip as we are back in Feb for Jack's birthday and hopefully on-site with CM discount lol.

riverside

Original Poster
So funny about the shirt! What a great family picture!
It was pretty funny--our relatives got a good kick out of it. Plus, in a way it made it feel like my mom was with us if that makes sense. Thanks!!
Not by a long shot...:hilarious:
Sorry--I thought it might help. I think I'm making matters worse....
More confused than ever... but wholy moley I didn't realize how many siblings you have... Amazing!
Sorry. Yes--there's a lot of us which makes for a lot of fun!! This weekend all 20some of us(except my dad--party pooper) are going to see The Lion King!! We do a lot of things together.
We are over from 4th November for 8 nights. We're only doing AK with ROL dessert party and epcot for food and wine. Staying off site this trip as we are back in Feb for Jack's birthday and hopefully on-site with CM discount lol.
I will be there the 5th-12th. Maybe you can introduce me to Jack then!! :D

susan lees

It was pretty funny--our relatives got a good kick out of it. Plus, in a way it made it feel like my mom was with us if that makes sense. Thanks!!

Sorry--I thought it might help. I think I'm making matters worse....

Sorry. Yes--there's a lot of us which makes for a lot of fun!! This weekend all 20some of us(except my dad--party pooper) are going to see The Lion King!! We do a lot of things together.

I will be there the 5th-12th. Maybe you can introduce me to Jack then!! :D
We will be on the lookout for you 👀😁

DisneyGigi

Your family is like B’s- he has 6 brothers and sisters, (one also passed at 18 months- cancer) A kazillion nieces and nephews. I have one sister- the first Christmas I went to his house, I was in shock! Wrapping paper and kids flying everywhere lol. I learned to love it though. Still love E’s shirt but love even more what you guys did to call her on it! 😂 Anytime my mom is at my Sis house if I text or call, I make sure to tell her to relay that the Chosen One is calling. She doesn’t find it near as funny as I do apparently. 😬

BuckyMom

OK, adding to the family tree discussion. Love the shirt story. I am youngest of 8 (no "the baby is spoiled" comments please). I have 29 nephews and nieces (my kids are 30 & 31 in that grouping). We are currently at 48 greats and counting. My brother has 8 and they wore the same shirt to their Christmas. WARNING: My nephew is getting married in October at the Grand Floridian wedding pavilion. We are descending on Disney in mass (and staying at POR). Love your family pictures. It is really great that so many of you can vacation together and that you and E (and J) have these wonderful trips together. Friends come and go, family is forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom