The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

Whoa hold on... we're all overlooking one very important thing here...

No matter who you are, you'll sound like garbage if you try to sing under water.

Good point!

Let's not kid ourselves that Ariel's singing is a major focal point of the movie. Let's not forget, Ariel literally only sings Part of Your World... that's it. With proper coaching and working with Menken, yes, I believe she could do it.

When was the last time you saw The Little Mermaid? Lol. It’s a HUGE focal point. “Part of Your World” is not the only time we here Benson’s vocals.

socalifornian

"I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty!"

giphy.gif
I've got whozits and whatzits galore

5D64EB26-C435-4269-8165-88E911ED7FA8.gif

Mac Tonight

Good point!

When was the last time you saw The Little Mermaid? Lol. It’s a HUGE focal point. “Part of Your World” is not the only time we here Benson’s vocals.
Here's the complete soundtrack listing. Benson sings once. Obviously her voice is heard other times.

Touchdown

I know she probably is too old to play a teenager now (note I’m not saying she is old, just it would be a Grease like situation) but Amy Adams would have done a great job, we already know she can sing thanks to Enchanted.

Mac Tonight

Her voice is heard more than once, which is my point, as well as Ariel being a strong songstress being a focal point of the film.

She sings more than once.
You're right, I misspoke earlier. Ariel's character is touted as a great singer.
She may "sing" more than once (I previously responded to Mickeblu saying such) but she has one major song in the whole movie. If there's more, than it somehow missed the soundtrack listing.

It's not really even worth discussing anymore though since the casting is already in place. I just hope its not another shot-for-shot remake.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Have y'all seen the film Nocturnal Animals?
Isla Fisher plays Amy Adams' daughter. I don't know if Isla can sing, though
Here's Amy Adams (left)
Isla Fisher (right)
25-isla-amy.w330.h330.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom