News Tomorrowland love

LukeS7

Untitled-3.jpg

:rolleyes: (Google results taken at 10:38, red highlights are the usual linking to their own articles, the others are parts of the articles that correspond or are very similarly worded)

Edit: Did this out of curiosity after I saw their article posted almost immediately after this site's.

Bocabear

I actually like Tomorrowland ‘94 better than any version before it. And I don’t think it looks too dated. Improvements are welcome but going back to the original ‘71 look would be a bad idea.
I actually liked the 94 redo as well but it has gotten stale... The interactive elements are long gone, attractions are missing and changed and it just doesn't fit anymore. The land is lacking a statement entrance...and the silver and blue rocks ain't it. What if the entrance to the land used architectural motifs from the new tron ride to create an architectural bridge... marry all parts of the land together so it doesn't look so piecemeal...

JohnD

I actually liked the 94 redo as well but it has gotten stale... The interactive elements are long gone, attractions are missing and changed and it just doesn't fit anymore. The land is lacking a statement entrance...and the silver and blue rocks ain't it. What if the entrance to the land used architectural motifs from the new tron ride to create an architectural bridge... marry all parts of the land together so it doesn't look so piecemeal...

Or maybe something like this from Tokyo Disneyland? Remind you of anything else? Hmm?
tomorrowland-at-tokyo-disneyland-min-1024x768.jpg

Unplugged

If they want to attract the younger crowd, then I think the TRON styled Tomorrowland would be a great solution leveraging the Tron coaster as a center piece. Or should I say, an Argon city style would work. But I can't imagine they want to spend that kind of money to rejuvenate it. It could be done and done right for a reasonable dollar, but that paint they've already laid down tells a different story. The best I think we'll get is that wonky Miami paint job with fibre optic neon. In other words, a Miami Beach nightclub as opposed to a true Argon city look.

Monorail_Red_77

I can hear it now. "Let's whitewash the whole park. Then we can Digital Project onto them at night." Upcharged nights every night. Wanna see Mainstreet in color, Buy this evening ticket, separate and in addition to the boring white daytime ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom