News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

aladdin2007

Tim Tracker just did a video on this place and spent $150 plus an additional $30 tip...on a small meal for one person. o_O Portion sizes were tiny.

I just cant see this resonating with too many guests unless Golden Oak residents keep it going, can't help but think its going to have be tweaked down the road.

raven

I just cant see this resonating with too many guests unless Golden Oak residents keep it going, can't help but think its going to have be tweaked down the road.
But that’s the demographic of guests that Disney is focusing on now. Instead of expanding more areas to spread out the crowds, their aim is to keep raising prices so high that average guests will stop visiting. Their eyes are glued to guests bank accounts and they want more. Only stating the obvious truth.

aladdin2007

But that’s the demographic of guests that Disney is focusing on now. Instead of expanding more areas to spread out the crowds, their aim is to keep raising prices so high that average guests will stop visiting. Their eyes are glued to guests bank accounts and they want more. Only stating the obvious truth.

I agree

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Vloggers showing up in tshirts who's typical diet is chicken fingers... probably not a review anyone should pay attention to.
Definitely going to try for myself whenever I decide to go back.

Yes after the first day of operation, the Disney fan social media imbeciles have spoken and after all this waiting with anticipation they don’t like it.

I hope that this does not mean that Disney will bow down to them and dumb the menu down and ruin the original concept. You don’t go to V&A or MP to stuff yourself, just the same here. If these social media hacks weren’t expecting that, as stated above they could have gotten their fill of French fries at the electric umbrella.

Last edited:

LuvWDW2

This isn’t owned by Disney, right? I’m not sure they will care what the bloggers say right now (for above reasons I agree with). If it gets tweaked, it will be due to poor attendance and sales. I suspect there are enough people who will keep it going just fine (pending how strict they are about the dress code).

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes after the first day of operation, the Disney fan social media imbeciles have spoken and after all this waiting with anticipation they don’t like it.

I hope that this does not mean that Disney will bow down to them and dumb the menu down and ruin the original concept. You don’t go to V&A or MP to stuff yourself, just the same here. If these social media hacks weren’t expecting that, as stated above they could have gotten their full of French fries at the electric umbrella.
Hm. Most of the reviews I've seen have been extremely positive.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
This isn’t owned by Disney, right? I’m not sure they will care what the bloggers say right now (for above reasons I agree with). If it gets tweaked, it will be due to poor attendance and sales. I suspect there are enough people who will keep it going just fine (pending how strict they are about the dress code).

While not Disney owned, negative guest feedback provided to Disney will ensure that changes are made.
I tried this place today - it was obviously good but wow the portions are small for what you are paying. I don't think they can keep it the way it is. Just so people know I ended up paying around $160 for myself w/ tip. I was still hungry when I finished :(.

I think this is going to be the most common takeaway from this experience that Disney will receive, most people expect to go to a restaurant and not come out hungry and therefore leave with a negative impression, especially after paying a hefty price.

Not that I want to sound like a food snob, but I don’t believe most pallets will discern the taste of the beef being served vs the standard equivalent cuts served elsewhere and as such won’t understand why it commands such a price premium for only a couple of ounces of beef.

Safe bet to say that the menu will be reworked to include standard beef in larger portioned options, along with reworked larger sized accompaniments options.

This restaurant has such potential for fine dining I just hope it doesn’t become the Tiffins of Epcot.

Patcheslee

I tried this place today - it was obviously good but wow the portions are small for what you are paying. I don't think they can keep it the way it is. Just so people know I ended up paying around $160 for myself w/ tip. I was still hungry when I finished :(.
Did you do the Chef's table or a la cart menu? TBH I don't care much for the apps, but the entrees sound great. Wondering if those portions small as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom