MSEP Returns

Animaniac93-98

Pondering this bizarre and sudden news a bit more...

Do you think anyone in TDA realizes how desperate and panicky and weird this makes them look? It's not an attractive leadership vibe.

It's just not a cohesive or long term thinking marketing message to give out. Randomly dropping the tired old MSEP back into the park. Again. For August and September. Without any warning. Because Star Wars Land.

You really do have to feel sorry for them, as I can't imagine the stressed out conference rooms and office suites where this decision was made must be much fun to hang out in all day. :bored:

Not enough oxygen in those meeting rooms.

brb1006

Meanwhile, Tokyo Disneyland already has a modern take on MSEP called "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights". The parade gets newer floats every couple of years in order to stay fresh and still running at the park since 2001. They just recently gotten newer floats for Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and an updated Cheshire Cat and It's A Small World finale.

They even have a Christmas version where the floats contain Christmas decorations, Christmas medleys, and characters wearing Christmas themed costumes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Gas was $1.19 a gallon
Bill Clinton was re-elected to a second term as President
Friends was the #1 show on network TV, but the smart kids were watching Seinfeld
The price of an adult ticket to Disneyland was raised $1.00 to $36.00
Paul Pressler announced a second theme park to be built next door, Disney's California Adventure
And the Main Street Electrical Parade glowed away forever.
I remember those gas prices.... Ah those were the days.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Do you think anyone in TDA realizes how desperate and panicky and weird this makes them look? It's not an attractive leadership vibe.

It's just not a cohesive or long term thinking marketing message to give out. Randomly dropping the tired old MSEP back into the park. Again. For August and September. Without any warning. Because Star Wars Land.

You really do have to feel sorry for them, as I can't imagine the stressed out conference rooms and office suites where this decision was made must be much fun to hang out in all day. :bored:
I don't know about you but I love my girlfriends a little desperate, so I love when my theme park is desperate too....

mickEblu

Meanwhile, Tokyo Disneyland already has a modern take on MSEP called "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights". The parade gets newer floats every couple of years in order to stay fresh and still running at the park since 2001. They just recently gotten newer floats for Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and an updated Cheshire Cat and It's A Small World finale.

They even have a Christmas version where the floats contain Christmas decorations, Christmas medleys, and characters wearing Christmas themed costumes.

Now I would be for a modernized version of MSEP. Problem is stateside, they seem to think that’s PTN.

FerretAfros

There's nothing quite like announcing a major addition to the entertainment line-up on a Friday afternoon, immediately following two nights of presidential debates that will dominate headlines for the next week+. It looks incredibly sloppy, hasty, and unorganized. But, hey, at least they found enough gaffer tape to let those floats bump and jiggle their way down the parade route without completely falling apart for a couple months more!

Allegedly this has been in the works for a little while, and auditions took place before the disappointing crowds were apparent, but it's not clear what exactly their plan is/was for the summer. I'll also be curious to see how the logistics work out with these "nightly" performances though the end of September, when Halloweentime launches on the 6th; the upcharge parties are shifting back to DCA this year, but the parks are always packed at night during that time of year.

RescueTheDay

This was actually planned out before the crowds didn’t show up for Galaxy’s Edge. With MSP closing, they wanted to have some sort of parade in the park.
Well, you know, they added a big new float to it last summer and invested in overdue maintenance and reworked some choreography and costumes, and got it all running like a top, looking great, exciting the crowds, making people dance.

So you can't just bring that back. Because TDA. Ahora!

Yet again your lack of knowledge regarding the situation is showing. While beloved by guest, the parade was injuring cast members all over the place. If they bring it back, I’m assuming they’ll be back to the drawing boards for some of the costumes and the constant attention all of it needs for fairly repairs.

HoldenC

This was actually planned out before the crowds didn’t show up for Galaxy’s Edge. With MSP closing, they wanted to have some sort of parade in the park.

Yet again your lack of knowledge regarding the situation is showing. While beloved by guest, the parade was injuring cast members all over the place. If they bring it back, I’m assuming they’ll be back to the drawing boards for some of the costumes and the constant attention all of it needs for fairly repairs.
Yet they couldn't be bothered to come up with solutions for these so called injuries? This is just another example of disney being cheap and lazy. How embarrassing that a company like this is proudly trotting out an old relic when a true 21st century parade is sitting around collecting dust. LAZY DISNEY!!!!

RescueTheDay

Yet they couldn't be bothered to come up with solutions for these so called injuries? This is just another example of disney being cheap and lazy. How embarrassing that a company like this is proudly trotting out an old relic when a true 21st century parade is sitting around collecting dust. LAZY DISNEY!!!!
Who says they aren’t? Priority is just elsewhere right now. Just because Disney is a multi billion dollar company, doesn’t mean all departments have unlimited budgets.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Cmon MSEP has the baroque hoedown. Paint the Night plays an annoying Pop song over and over. MSEP is Classic Disney. PTN Is mostly Pixar, going down Main Street and wrapping around the Matterhorn? Might as well call it the Pixar Night parade. MSEP is the easy winner.

MSEP was Classic Disney but over the years neglect and time has taken its toll. No more iconic Dumbo circus, Pinocchio or Blue Fairy floats. Even the Baroque Hoedown isn’t the classic version that most people expect to hear. The whole thing is just sad to look at now.

HoldenC

Who says they aren’t? Priority is just elsewhere right now. Just because Disney is a multi billion dollar company, doesn’t mean all departments have unlimited budgets.
Same old excuses 😂 if they REALLY wanted to fix the problems, PTN would be glittering around instead of the cheap MSEP. 🙅‍♂️

D.Silentu

If I push aside my bewilderment of the thinking behind this decision, I find that it gets me sort of down. I used to love the Main Street Electrical Parade and like many of us made the trip to see its "final season" in 1996. When it came back to California Adventure I made a point of avoiding it, because bringing it back, especially under those circumstances, felt wrong. I admit to having watched it again a few summers ago, but I think a better place for it is in my memory. Next will come the discussions of everything that has been stripped from this latest iteration.
Edit: I see that while I was typing, those discussions have already begun.

mickEblu

MSEP was Classic Disney but over the years neglect and time has taken its toll. No more iconic Dumbo circus, Pinocchio or Blue Fairy floats. Even the Baroque Hoedown isn’t the classic version that most people expect to hear. The whole thing is just sad to look at now.

True it’s not what it was but I still enjoy it much more than PTN.

jrhwdw

Oh my god, gag me with a spoon.

If they can play this in Disneyland this summer then they could have played Paint the Night. Crowds loved the 60th night experience, should have just replicated that with the fireworks...
I'm fine with either MSEP or PTN, at least something's getting use. What burns me is why can't Soundsational keep going?!?!? Does it REALLY need to close a YEAR before a new Day Parade? this is worse than POD or C!ASP closing right before ACF and then opening C!ASP and Soundsational respectively the next springs. CADCT closed only 2 months before FOF.

IDK Why DL can't run 2 Parades?!?! DL's lucky they announced MSEP or they would have gotten a LOT of blowback!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom