Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

mikejs78

Premium Member
His original blog post said "overlay."
Well, yes, but....

Here's the thing. He buried that part.

Paragraph 1: "Yet another opening day Magic Kingdom attraction might be on the chopping block"

Paragraph 2: talks about "another classic attraction being shuttered".

Only in Paragraph 3 does he mention that it's an overlay. That's a bit sensationalistic, and that, along with the headline and the tweet, may lead people to the wrong conclusion if they don't read the whole article (which many don't. )

Good journalism would have put the summary in the first sentence or two and then expanded on it.

KevinPage

Well, yes, but....

Only in Paragraph 3 does he mention that it's an overlay. That's a bit sensationalistic, and that, along with the headline and the tweet, may lead people to the wrong conclusion if they don't read the whole article (which many don't. )

Good journalism would have put the summary in the first sentence or two and then expanded on it.

Fair point but people still need to READ before opening their traps (I know I’m asking people to read and think before posting on the internet, heaven forbid) 🤣

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What is DPB? Seriously I am out of the loop on some of this terminology

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Oof. Don't want Disney thinking we've forgotten about the Country Bears what with being distracted by all of this Tiki removal nonsense. In any case; It looks like the Tiki overlay is still up in the air. Atleast the birds will remain grounded! CBJ is anyone's best guess at this moment.
If a country bear craps in the woods and no one is around...

With the Tiki Birds safe for now - is it time to focus our attention to CBJ?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

The remains of the Tropical Serenade aka The Enchanted Tiki Room (aka a Top 10 Fanboi nostalgia lovefest) looks like it is about to fly the coop for good.

According to multiple sources, the attraction, which saw a reprieve a few years ago when it went back to a shortened version of the original 1971 show from the poorly received Under New Management update following a fire that damaged the facility, is on the chopping block and very, very likely to leave.

At this point, I will only call this a rumor (but the gondola system is a rumor and happening, the Rat ride at EPCOT is only a rumor and is happening, the Speedway removal is a rumor and is happening, the new DVC at CBR is a rumor and is happening and the Star Wars themed BOUTIQUE resort experience is a rumor and is most definitely happening).

As to what will replace it, that is unclear at present and one source even suggests it could remain with a new Stitch overlay reusing the pricey AA just like TDL has, but I don't see that.

And with other plans for Adventureland percolating, and Disney having no care for its past beyond shilling merchandise and D23 events and the like, I would expect Jose and Fritz and Company to fly away for good in the near future.
Where is @WDW1974 when you need him???
Spot on again!!

lazyboy97o

Either way, the writer of the post vehemently shut down the rumor through an official source, so if plans to do otherwise were still on unbeknownst to the writer, they inadvertently put said plans in a PR corner.
There is no corner. Plans change and that’s always Disney’s line. Disney said Al Lutz was lying about changes to “it’s a small world”.

danv3

Let’s unpack this.

1. Everyone’s favorite Disney villain Blogger has clearly gotten under the skin of Mr Thomas Smith and/or his corporate overlords. Taking a “pot shot” indicates that clearly there is some degree of TRUTH to both of these rumors, otherwise why be annoyed?

2. They still have not commented on CBJ which indicates the rumor has a very strong degree of truth to it. I’m sure the thousands of emails management has received has bothered them that this was even leaked in the first place.

3. The original rumor post re: Tiki was (correct me if I’m wrong) an overlay. And Thomas Smith did ZERO to dispel those rumors. “Evolving”, “no plans soon” are such vague terms. They didn’t dispute any overlay at all.

3. After 11 comments appears the DPB locked out any further comments as most kept referencing CBJ.

Disney’s silence is defeaning it seems 😎

All of this...if anything, the DPB post is basically confirmation of two big rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom