Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

britain

I am seriously starting to worry about Marvel Land. It seems like Disney has put all their eggs into the “Galaxy’s Edge will prove our excellence, we can be cheap everywhere else” basket.

Well, since that is turning more into a “RotR will prove our excellence” basket, I’m REALLY hoping there’s something spectacular up their sleeves, something on par with RotR, that they can green light and fast track for Marvel.

thequeuelinelectures

I am seriously starting to worry about Marvel Land. It seems like Disney has put all their eggs into the “Galaxy’s Edge will prove our excellence, we can be cheap everywhere else” basket.

Well, since that is turning more into a “RotR will prove our excellence” basket, I’m REALLY hoping there’s something spectacular up their sleeves, something on par with RotR, that they can green light and fast track for Marvel.
I feel ya. I'm foolishly holding out hope there will be some spectacular, pun intended, element to spiderman that we're missing from the leaked blue prints.....

thequeuelinelectures

What worries me is the internet considering Emotional Whirlwind and Spiderman a success while GE a failure and clueless Disney executives deciding that spending big money on rides is a bad idea when they get more good PR from cheap spinners, overlays and under built parks.
The good new is that those clueless executives don't read rumor boards, just quarterly earnings. Galaxy's Edge is doing very very well for itself selling 200 dollar lightsabers, 100 dollar droids, 15 dollar cocktails, and 8 dollar slushies. Emotional Whirlwind helps move crowds and sell some extra inside out shirts but the impact of GE will be loud and clear

Phroobar

The good new is that those clueless executives don't read rumor boards, just quarterly earnings. Galaxy's Edge is doing very very well for itself selling 200 dollar lightsabers, 100 dollar droids, 15 dollar cocktails, and 8 dollar slushies. Emotional Whirlwind helps move crowds and sell some extra inside out shirts but the impact of GE will be loud and clear
I hope you are right. However social media does weight heavily in people's behavior. If not, why would the clueless execs ever consider getting rid of IASW if it wasn't because of social media?

thequeuelinelectures

I hope you are right. However social media does weight heavily in people's behavior. If not, why would the clueless execs ever consider getting rid of IASW if it wasn't because of social media?
I get your point and it's true public reaction does have some value. For the specific example, I don't think they actually considered getting rid of IASW. That rumor got started based on Jim Hill misinterpreting a survey question and thinking it was only asked about small world when they ask, "would you ride on your next trip" for every attraction. It spread like wildfire after that but it's not based on any truth and I think Len even apologized on here for the mistake

Mike S

I get your point and it's true public reaction does have some value. For the specific example, I don't think they actually considered getting rid of IASW. That rumor got started based on Jim Hill misinterpreting a survey question and thinking it was only asked about small world when they ask, "would you ride on your next trip" for every attraction. It spread like wildfire after that but it's not based on any truth and I think Len even apologized on here for the mistake
Thank god...

Phroobar

I know that. It's still interesting how social media ran with it and how it effected the ride.

Mac Tonight

Wait, how did the false rumor running through social media have any effect on the actual It's a Small World?
Didn't you hear? They're adding in new places like Wakanda, Xandar, Knowhere, and a stunning finale in Vormir where they sacrifice one of the dolls to free the Soul Stone.

Ant-Man is your on-boat narrator and they're rebranding as "It's a Marvel-ously Small World"

Mac Tonight

I can't pretend I don't find the idea of Mary Blair versions of all the Marvel characters quite entic... no, NO! I SPIT OUT YOUR FOUL SEDUCTIVE POISON!
Come on... you know its what the park needs!!!!

Look at the cute lil' Thanos!

1436_4202_8d6ad86cfad3a1d_36943_avengers_endgame_dorbz_web.png

BrianLo

Original Poster
A Mary Blair version of almost anything belongs in the category of a purpose built Muppets parody of any ride...

I’m at baseline moderately into it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom