The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Okay, so this is going to sound ridiculous, but dh were arguing about the bean farting poem. I learned it as “Beans, beans they’re good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart. , etc”. He says I am wrong and he learned it as “Eat beans, they’re good for your heart.” So who is right? Is this a geographical thing?? Or what?

donaldtoo

Okay, so this is going to sound ridiculous, but dh were arguing about the bean farting poem. I learned it as “Beans, beans they’re good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart. , etc”. He says I am wrong and he learned it as “Eat beans, they’re good for your heart.” So who is right? Is this a geographical thing?? Or what?

I’ve never heard those 2 heart versions before, so I can’t chime in on that argument, but, I’ve always heard “Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more ya’ eat the more ya’ toot”...!!!!! :D:hilarious:

donaldtoo

A week at a beach sounds great right now. Watched a video about Cocoa Beach last night as a matter of fact. 🙂

Indeed...!!! :)
I’ve been to beaches on the west coast, east coast, Texas Coast, and in the Caribbean...some of the most relaxing escape vacations I’ve ever had in my entire life...!!!!!!! :happy:

Posted before, but, it bears repeating...!!!!!!! :joyfull::D;)

E167410A-0DFF-4DE6-BD86-3AC933A5A112.jpeg
6AC4015E-482A-41F4-8CDE-51721BC229EB.jpeg
9C056863-DC92-4C64-82FE-0AFAB49FCA2C.jpeg

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo Congrats on another pay raise. Nice that your bosses show their appreciation for what you do. Love your youngest dd’s new car as well. 🙂

Thank you so very much on both counts...!!! :)
Yep, it’s nice to just simply be appreciated, but, that extra money thang doesn’t hurt either...!!! :greedy:;):happy:

And, yes, she did the research, and is lovin’ her new ride...!!! :)

donaldtoo

One of those bags fit in his pocket? We have one and no way could I get it to fold up that small.

If it’s a reusable bag similar to this one that we used to sell at the Disney Store with a plastic bottom insert and all, then all ya’ need to do is take out the plastic insert, and, folded up just right, it will still be able to, bulgingly, fit in a pocket.

0F67C51E-054B-48E8-8F47-0BA5CECEEA72.jpeg

But, If it’s just a plain, thin plastic Disney Parks merch bag that you get with your purchase, those things are “reusable” enough, and will fold up tighter than a gnats rear end stretched over a wagon wheel...!!! :D;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I thought you might have heard of it, but thought I'd bring it up. It looks really nice and has a stretch of uncrowded beach. It's next door to the Hilton, so it's easy to access restaurants.

And shops. Lots of shops.

When we stayed at the Hilton we found out that non-military people can buy drinks and food at the Hale Koa’s beach bar. So we went over there a couple times for drinks, it was a lot cheaper than the Hilton and their pool area was nice to sit by. I don’t know if they still allow that though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think it also kind of depends on the improvements made. Disney is certainly spending a LOT of money on the new lands....Toy Story land, Star Wars land, etc. But, personally, I don't care for either one of those, so it's not really worth it to me to spend much extra for tickets because they add on some stuff I likely won't use much. So I can see that for a larger family, it's always been a huge cost to go to Disney anyway, and now it will be more so, maybe even cost prohibitive. And for those who don't care about those new investments, it's a hard pill to swallow. I know it's an unpopular opinion, because a lot of people LOVE Toy Story and Star Wars, but neither is my thing, so I'd rather they took that money and invested it in other ways that benefit the park in general. People keep talking about how mousekeeping is understaffed, there need to be more benches and seating areas and trees in the parks, the monorails need to be replaced etc....I'd rather the money go to fix those things to make it the magical experience for everyone, rather than catering to specific fandoms. Now I'm paying more, but not getting anything extra out of it, if that makes sense, and I think that that's what people are upset about. Prices are going to go up, because of inflation, etc, and of course we want them to invest in the parks, but you can't please everyone with new lands, because there will always be people who aren't fans of one franchise or another. But if we're paying more, we want to get our money's worth out of the "improvements" and for me, I'm not going to get my money's worth out of Toy Story land or Star Wars land. I totally get why people are upset. Disney is capitalizing on the love for certain movies, but it means even non-fans are paying out the nose for it, even if they don't plan to make use of it.

Of course. Disney has a substantial fan base with Star Wars. Just like Uni with Harry.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A question...
How does a simple opinion that a company's certain product isn’t worth what they’re asking for it anymore equal hate...?
Never mind if your points are well-made and valid, it still equals hate to certain people... 🤔
That kind of convoluted, Bravo Sierra thinking is just one of the many reasons the world is so messed up these days...IMHO...........

I draw the line on being mocked. As most know on this thread I have been put through a great deal by a husband that was not a loyal man in our later years. So many women have been through hell and back with ex husbands on this thread.

I was blessed to not be put through what certain men on this thread put their wife through. My husband was at least private in his affairs. He did not take his mistress on his marital anniversary trip. He did not humiliate me before others in a public restaurant before others with a Mistress at the same table. Again I will not be mocked. That is abusive.

I was blessed not to accept it, I didn't have a special needs child to care for to choose for care. Me it was a simple goodbye jerk.

Other women are stuck. Me blessed I didn't take carp behavior. I will never be mocked by anyone. So yeah, I get the reasons for hating on Disney by some people. They will never be able to shed the past. For me Disney is my release. It was never polluted. If it was I too might be cruising too.

Again, don't mock me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom